Mini Fridge stock items? Cost?

racetech

Hello, will be sailing on the Gem in December, in a regular balcony cabin. I see that the cabin has a mini fridge, and I have noticed that it has mini bottle of alcohol or other various drinks in some of the videos I have viewed. What is normally stocked? And will I be charged for using any of it? Im a new cruiser so im just curious!

Just now, jpcdds6 said:

Your cabin steward will remove all the items for you. removes the temptation and allows you to free up the space for other stuff.

Other stuff? Well maybe if i bring something back to cabin i guess. I think I read that no drinks are allowed to be brought on board. But you can pre purchase a case of water for like $25 if you want lol. I have a lot to discover I guess!

12 minutes ago, racetech said:

Other stuff? Well maybe if i bring something back to cabin i guess. I think I read that no drinks are allowed to be brought on board. But you can pre purchase a case of water for like $25 if you want lol. I have a lot to discover I guess!

You can bring some snacks back  from the buffet, re fill water bottles and keep them in the fridge, etc.

You can keep the ice bucket inside the box so it'll not melt in a few hours, bottled water, soda, juices, milk & those chocolate strawberries, cheesecake & anything else for snacks ... along with medications that needed to be chilled. 

IMG_20190107_222702574.jpg

You maybe able to coax tip twist the arm of a bartender to give you unopened CANNED beverages to stock your

mini-fridge with.

If you bring on EMPTY water bottles at boarding you can refill at the buffet with flavored fruit juices as well as water

and have those for your convenience in the mini-fridge.

Any drinks or wine served with any of the beverage packages can be placed in the mini-fridge but certainly will not

maintain their original gusto and go flat and fizz out.

Only big deal is make sure your cabin steward knows that you want the mini-fridge for your own personal use and

not as a NCL mini-mart with outrageously astronomically priced stuff !

Beware the expiration dates on the stuff in the mini-fridge and those miniatures check to make sure the seal is

not broken and filled with some other look alike liquid !

Compared to some of the new premium drink prices, those prices don't look too outrageous. They will probably be changing soon!  Also beware that some of that beer and soda has been chilled and then stuck in the storage cube that doubles as a stool many times. Even if it hasn't expired it could be pretty worn out.

I've always wondered just how good the alcohol and the sodas are in the fridge? Every cruise we have been on they have been removed, put in a bag and stowed in the room by the cabin Steward. It can't be good for them to go from cold to warm to cold to warm over and over again. Not that I know how many times this actually happens