Oceania has some work to do

ano

10 hours ago, ORV said:

You do realize this inspection was right after the Insignia was completely refurbished? Or apparently you don't. 

Seems YOU apparently do not know it was a nip & tuck. The major overhaul does not occur for a while yet. Hey, I'm NOT disputing it failed inspection. This happens on a lot of ships. What I'm saying is after this major redo, a lot of issues(outside of personnel training)will get corrected. I'm in the food industry & standards change all the time. We have to make adjustments every year. What passed last year, will not necessarily pass this year. It's not like the health inspectors send you a letter advising you of new changes. You find out at the next inspection. 

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 4:44 PM, StanandJim said:

+1 

-and for those who disagree, I'd like a recent photograph of the space behind your stove, please  😝

Actually it's spotless behind the stove. Richard's a perfectionist. The fridge..well that's another matter. Always a dust collector back there.

30 minutes ago, keithm said:

Seems YOU apparently do not know it was a nip & tuck. The major overhaul does not occur for a while yet. Hey, I'm NOT disputing it failed inspection. This happens on a lot of ships. What I'm saying is after this major redo, a lot of issues(outside of personnel training)will get corrected. I'm in the food industry & standards change all the time. We have to make adjustments every year. What passed last year, will not necessarily pass this year. It's not like the health inspectors send you a letter advising you of new changes. You find out at the next inspection. 

You may want to recheck YOUR facts. Insignia was the first of the four R ships to get the "Oceania NEXT" major interior overhaul, which is why it was out of commission for much of this past Nov/Dec.

See post # 17.

Edited by Flatbush Flyer

2 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

You may want to recheck YOUR facts. Insignia was the first of the four R ships to get the "Oceania NEXT" major interior overhaul, which is why it was out of commission for much of this past Nov/Dec.

See post # 17.

Yes, sorry my mistake. I thought it hadn't gone in for the overhaul. The staff needs some up to date training, which I'm sure they must be, after the inspection.

17 hours ago, Mura said:

Sorry, RJB.  I wasn't trying to compare them and I don't think Jim was either.

But when I see the junk behind my range after 10 years -- it's not like I can pull them out every week or two to dust! -- I can imagine what a professional kitchen has to deal with.  Plus no one is coming in to inspect my kitchen every 6 months.

It seems that my BW inspects every day.   But that's just her.   But I agree that there is a big difference between my kitchen and the one's on cruise ships.  Tough call either way.