Oceania has some work to do

ano

33 minutes ago, ano said:

Of course, didn't Insignia only finish its major "NEXT" makeover (started in mid-November) less than a week before the mid-December inspection?. Given it's great USPH scores in the past, it sounds like everything was not yet back in order. 

It'll be interesting to see what how the next inspection turns out.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Of course, didn't Insignia only finish its major "NEXT" makeover (started in mid-November) less than a week before the mid-December inspection?. Given it's great USPH scores in the past, it sounds like everything was not yet back in order. 

It'll be interesting to see what how the next inspection turns out.

Hope they don't wait two years to do it.   Needs to be done pretty soon.    

8 minutes ago, RJB said:

Hope they don't wait two years to do it.   Needs to be done pretty soon.    

Why would they wait two years? If I remember correctly, the regular USPH inspections are twice yearly and Insignia will be back in the US (tail end of current world cruise) this July. 

That said, and given the fact that it recently left for the 2019 world cruise, I'm guessing any violations have already been addressed.

We're signed up for Regatta's inaugural cruise after refurb Sept 24 Seattle to Miami.  Hopefully all problems will be solved.  I'm not concerned about it, because we are looking forward to seeing the "new ship"!  Mainly we just love being at sea.  The  food is a great draw, so hope the galley is up to speed.

I just read the inspection report and conclude that quite a few violations seem to be related to the recent dry dock work.  Just about all of them mention remediation started.  I agree with cbb,  I'd sail on her tomorrow...and wish I could!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, palakika said:

I just read the inspection report and conclude that quite a few violations seem to be related to the recent dry dock work.  Just about all of them mention remediation started.  I agree with cbb,  I'd sail on her tomorrow...and wish I could!

+1 

-and for those who disagree, I'd like a recent photograph of the space behind your stove, please  😝

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, StanandJim said:

+1 

-and for those who disagree, I'd like a recent photograph of the space behind your stove, please  😝

That's just a cop out. Sure they will try and correct the problems.   And I do not have paying guests that eat from  my kitchen.  They should just say they are sorry and will do better and go on. 

2 hours ago, RJB said:

That's just a cop out. Sure they will try and correct the problems.   And I do not have paying guests that eat from  my kitchen.  They should just say they are sorry and will do better and go on. 

+1

Its just about transparency. Nothing more.

Why Oceania has not filed their corrective actions response more than 30 days says a lot.  Never less the inspection should generate massive actual and personnel changes.  I would put money on mini fridges in all staff working areas will no longer be allowed.

3 hours ago, RJB said:

Yup

I think the O needs to address the issues in the report, and I also think that this single report (having read most of it) is not on its own enough to change my ship selection. 

In the overall picture, this appears to be the first "not satisfactory" score that Insignia has received from the CDC, but...  Full disclosure-we were onboard post-report, but we certainly weren't behind the scenes so no real info there.

I do see that the news item was more than a month after the inspection date, so it appears that there can be a bit of a delay from report submission to online posting at the CDC.  Which makes it possible that O may (or may not, I do not know) have filed a corrective action response already, but if so perhaps we just can't see it yet.  Also, whatever the "usual" time frame is, it may have been affected by the government shutdown.  Maybe this thread will be revived once O's response does appear on the CDC site 🙂  Although a press release or news item at that point seems unlikely lol.

Edited to add - prior 2 deficient inspections (of 3 total when searching all O inspections on the CDC site) had inspection-to-corrective-response report lag times of 3 weeks and 3 months respectively.  Many other lines' response reports have only the inspection date noted, so hard to say exactly what the typical lag time is...

Edited by babysteps

28 minutes ago, keithm said:

The small ships are all due for major overhaul. This is NOT just a standard refurbishment. Staff on our (just came off today Riviera cruise)say they will take the renovations to the "studs".

did you read  this thread?

They are talking about the  sanitation  inspection

https://wwwn.cdc.gov/InspectionQueryTool/InspectionDetailReport.aspx?ColI=MTkzMDA2OTk%3d-h2Dc3ltY5HM%3d

3 hours ago, LHT28 said:

did you read  this thread?

They are talking about the  sanitation  inspection

https://wwwn.cdc.gov/InspectionQueryTool/InspectionDetailReport.aspx?ColI=MTkzMDA2OTk%3d-h2Dc3ltY5HM%3d

Yes, I read the article! The major overhauls will help solve the problems listed in the article. Some can be fixed outright. Others will need an overhaul along with training to fix the issues.

On 1/25/2019 at 4:44 PM, StanandJim said:

+1 

Point well taken!  Having had my stove pulled out a few times recently for  minor repairs, I know exactly what you are talking about!

Mura

41 minutes ago, Mura said:

Point well taken!  Having had my stove pulled out a few times recently for  minor repairs, I know exactly what you are talking about!

Mura

Sorry, big difference between your stove and a kitchen that is serving 650 people two or three times a day.   How can you even try to compare the two things. 

1 hour ago, keithm said:

Yes, I read the article! The major overhauls will help solve the problems listed in the article. Some can be fixed outright. Others will need an overhaul along with training to fix the issues.

You do realize this inspection was right after the Insignia was completely refurbished? Or apparently you don't. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RJB said:

Sorry, big difference between your stove and a kitchen that is serving 650 people two or three times a day.   How can you even try to compare the two things. 

Sorry, RJB.  I wasn't trying to compare them and I don't think Jim was either.

But when I see the junk behind my range after 10 years -- it's not like I can pull them out every week or two to dust! -- I can imagine what a professional kitchen has to deal with.  Plus no one is coming in to inspect my kitchen every 6 months.

1 hour ago, keithm said:

seriously :classic_blink:

16 minutes ago, ORV said:

You do realize this inspection was right after the Insignia was completely refurbished? Or apparently you don't. 

OR, perhaps some folks are not familiar with one of the main byproducts of a major rehab, i.e., a "punch list."

Surely, with all that was involved in such a major project, the "punch list" AND a list of deferred maintenance on non-rehab areas (due to the rehab focus) were significant.

If any line can get back-up-to-speed in short order, it is Oceania.