Vista vs Dream

gozagswoohoo

Was on Dream twice last year. I'll be on Vista in a month. I'll be able to let you know for sure then. While Vista is going to have some things the Dream doesn't like the Red Frog Pub, Sports Bar, Imax, and Thrill Theater...I'm anticipating that I won't like it as much with the increased number of people and smaller main lounge and comedy club with no bar. We'll see. It seems like the people who stay in the Havana area like Vista more than people who don't.

Edited by Saint Greg

If you like attending production or comedy shows, Dream is much better. The show lounges on Vista are way too small for the number of passengers on the ship, not to mention the seating is not nearly as roomy/comfortable as it is on every other class of ship.  Hopefully this won’t be a problem on Mardi Gras.

I prefer Dream class ships over Vista class ships because the layout is better and I have never felt crowded on a Dream class ship.

Edited by PhillyFan33579

7 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

If you like attending production or comedy shows, Dream is much better. The show lounges on Vista are way too small for the number of passengers on the ship, not to mention the seating is not nearly as roomy/comfortable as it is on every other class of ship.  Hopefully this won’t be a problem on Mardi Gras.

I prefer Dream class ships over Vista class ships because the layout is better and I have never felt crowded on a Dream class ship.

You will not be happy then....

38 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Dream has far less features then its two sisters.  Show lounge is never full even with the smaller size.  Food options are not comparable, Havana trumps everything else

So if you don't get a Havana room and don't eat at JiJi's, it's not that big of a difference...

1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

You will not be happy then....

Seems like a lot of features I am a big fan of on Carnival ships (Spirit class layout, glass elevators, large theaters, thalassotherapy pools, Serenity design on Sunshine, pools in Serenity area, IMAX and thrill theaters, etc.) is not duplicated or is going away).  Lucky for you I am not a huge fan of the Havana area 😊.  However, I am a huge fan of roller coasters so that likely means Bolt will be a one and done thing on Mardi Gras. 

22 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Seems like a lot of features I am a big fan of on Carnival ships (Spirit class layout, glass elevators, large theaters, thalassotherapy pools, Serenity design on Sunshine, pools in Serenity area, IMAX and thrill theaters, etc.) is not duplicated or is going away).  Lucky for you I am not a huge fan of the Havana area 😊.  However, I am a huge fan of roller coasters so that likely means Bolt will be a one and done thing on Mardi Gras. 

Lol, I was just referring to the main theater.....

Based upon what we can see of the pdf’s, it looks like HAvana is spread all over the ship, so not sure what they implies for the HAvana pool area (unless that is the pool up on 18 (can’t beleive I said deck 18) is for Havana guests).  

1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

Lol, there are more reasons.  The op asked for a comparison of the ships....  are those the only two you can think of?

No I named more in a previous post.  I was responding to your post which said food options are not comparable (I don’t think there’s much of a difference than jiji’s) and Havana trumps everything else...which means nothing if you don’t book a Havana cabin.

Been on Vista (Havana cabin) and sister ship Breeze.  IMO The Breeze is best ship in fleet.....would only consider Vista again if I stayed in a Havana cabin. Vista very blah (beige color everywhere)...closed in atrium, smaller venues, no dedicated nightclub, although sports bar is nice...very small/crowded. Very crowded feeling as well.  Newer/bigger isn't always better!!

Edited by lcpagejr

We have been on Dream 4xs & Vista once. Been on Breeze & have Magic booked in June. 

We prefer Dream over Vista. Dream class just flows better. Less bottlenecks. We like tables on 11  overlooking lido more than the chairs. The Vista is pretty. But so is the Dream. We really love the Dream (10219 feels like home.)

Assume you are trying to decide between the 2 out of Galveston. Vista is doing the 7 day. Dream the 4/5 day. I would take a 7 day on any ship over 5 day on a preferred ship. 

You won't be disappointed with either ship. Choose your cruise based on what is the best deal for your family. 

12 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

No I named more in a previous post.  I was responding to your post which said food options are not comparable (I don’t think there’s much of a difference than jiji’s) and Havana trumps everything else...which means nothing if you don’t book a Havana cabin.

everything is about options, Vista has more (in many other areas as well).  Whether someone stays in a Havana room or eats in a restaurant, or uses a water park, or stays in a Family Harbor room, (the list goes on) the Vista has way more options.  That said, I will move on.......

Both are beautiful ships.  Have been on the Dream a couple of times and did the Trans-Atlantic on the Vista.  Prefer the layout of the Dream however if Matt Mitcham is the CD on the Vista I would choose that one - never had such an amazing CD and I don't usually care who the CD is.

• Like 1

The problem with opinions is that they are just that, opinions. One person will tell you they had the time of their life on the Vista, the next will tell you that it's their least favorite ship. 

It depends what you hold important to. If you're looking for the most to do, the Vista might be your best bet. The consensus for the Dream class is they are a little less hectic.

I have been on both and prefer the Dream class ships with the Carnival Breeze being my favorite, going for third time in March .

For me I did not like the ship layout and prefer the piano bar, comedy club, Main lounge, and night club layouts more on the Dream class.  

If your a spa person, I get the spa rooms and the thermal spa was lacking on the Vista as well and the speciality restaurants seemed so compact. 

On positive for Vista I did like the sky bike, my youngest still talks about beating me on it. The new Havana and Family rooms with their areas were nice, we had rooms in both spots and the family lounge was a great hit.  I just was not a fan of the atrium and the shows were hard to watch with the seating layout. 

I have thought about trying the Panorama or Horizon but tend to go back to other ships each time.

Edited by cruisecraze96

Both Dream and Vista class, IMO are nicer than the Conquest class, which beats the Fantasy class by miles.  More to do, more space, cleaner, less Farkusy decor.  Larger ships sail smoother. 

Atrium in Vista class is unique.

JMO, YMMV.

4 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

everything is about options, Vista has more (in many other areas as well).  Whether someone stays in a Havana room or eats in a restaurant, or uses a water park, or stays in a Family Harbor room, (the list goes on) the Vista has way more options.  That said, I will move on.......

And people can make their decisions on that. I'm not going to book family harbor or havana. I'm not going to use the water park or the IMax. JiJi's isn't going to move the needle for me. What I do use is the main lounge and the comedy club which have both been downgraded. So a blanket post saying vista is better by a mile is really just your opinion and it may be based on things the  OP doesn't care about.

Edited by Saint Greg

3 hours ago, evandbob said:

Both Dream and Vista class, IMO are nicer than the Conquest class, which beats the Fantasy class by miles.  More to do, more space, cleaner, less Farkusy decor.  Larger ships sail smoother. 

Atrium in Vista class is unique.

JMO, YMMV.

From my experience, the smoothest sailing Carinval ships I have been on are Spirit class ships, and they are definitely on the smaller side.  They are the one class of ship I have trouble knowing if we are moving or not without looking at the water. 

3 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

From my experience, the smoothest sailing Carinval ships I have been on are Spirit class ships, and they are definitely on the smaller side.  They are the one class of ship I have trouble knowing if we are moving or not without looking at the water. 

Totally agree...This class of ships are narrower. We cruised home from a Panama cruise through a tropical depression.....winds averaged 55 knots....14-16 ft seas....minimal roll and very few passengers appeared to get sea  sick. Probably helped we went directly into the wind...but still...I was very impressed with the way the ship handled the wind and high seas. This was about 15 years ago and I believe the ship was the Miracle 

23 hours ago, cruisecraze96 said:

I have been on both and prefer the Dream class ships with the Carnival Breeze being my favorite, going for third time in March .

For me I did not like the ship layout and prefer the piano bar, comedy club, Main lounge, and night club layouts more on the Dream class.  

If your a spa person, I get the spa rooms and the thermal spa was lacking on the Vista as well and the speciality restaurants seemed so compact. 

On positive for Vista I did like the sky bike, my youngest still talks about beating me on it. The new Havana and Family rooms with their areas were nice, we had rooms in both spots and the family lounge was a great hit.  I just was not a fan of the atrium and the shows were hard to watch with the seating layout. 

I have thought about trying the Panorama or Horizon but tend to go back to other ships each time.

Oh man...we love the Dream spa...about to go on the Vista a spa room...hope we like it....