Verizon Travel Pass

jessencaitly

Has anyone used this, and how well does it work?

We are cruising over Christmas this year, but I want to make sure we can call the family while we are in the Bahamas.

It says it doesn't work while on the ship, but does list the Bahamas as a qualifying country for use.

I don't think $10 for 24 hours full service is unreasonable, is it? Just want to make sure it will work first.

I have it on my phone. Used it in Australia in November. Once it's on your phone it will only activate when you make or receive a call. That's when your 24 hours start. I used it on 2 consecutive days but only got charged for one day because the calls I made on day 2 were just shy of the 24 hours.

• Thanks 1

Longer term, if you travel a lot, T-Moible has unlimited texting, unlimited data (2G speed minimum, may be faster) and 25 cents per minute calling in over 210 countries.

I switched a number of years ago due to a lot of international work travel.  LOVE IT.

The other option is to set up WiFi calling before you leave, then you can call and text anytime you have a data connection, either on board or on land.  No cost.

Edited by SRF

• 3 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, willowshireiniowa said:

Has anyone used wifi calling in Australia or New Zealand? What other options are the cheapest if they aren't supported for US Verizon customers?

Yes, WiFi works fine.  You might also want to consider using WhatsApp which is a great WiFi app that gives you both voice and video phone.

As to Verizon, we have no love of that provider and switched to T-Mobile a few years ago.  T-Mobile works all over the world (in more then 220 countries) with no additional charges for roaming, data or text.  Phone calls only cost 25 cents per minute.  With T-Mobile there are no extra daily, weekly or monthly fees.

Hank

• Thanks 1