Viking Swag

OKCowboy

It sure would be nice if Viking cruisers could buy some of the Viking logo items sold on board. Does anyone know if Viking has a website to purchase items, particularly now that they've discontinued the pre-cruise mailed gifts as well?

• Like 1

Before we left for the world cruise My husband took the Viking logo to a local embroidery shop and they copied the logo and he got a couple of shirts, jacket and hat ...so did our friends who were with us on the cruise.  I should have filled my suitcase with items to sell when the store onboard ran out!!!

Edited by deec

I wish they would price the logo items so that they didn’t cost an arm and a leg...seems to me it is free advertising so would be great if they were less costly. 

Of course they dont don’t have anything to fit me anyway (6’-7”) so until they offer a XXXLT not sure why I’m worried 😚

Edited by Clay Clayton

6 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

I wish they would price the logo items so that they didn’t cost an arm and a leg...seems to me it is free advertising so would be great if they were less costly. 

Anyone know the approximate price for a men's tshirt or polo shirt?

They should open a store on their website.

• Like 2

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 7:54 PM, deec said:

Before we left for the world cruise My husband took the Viking logo to a local embroidery shop and they copied the logo and he got a couple of shirts, jacket and hat ...so did our friends who were with us on the cruise.  I should have filled my suitcase with items to sell when the store onboard ran out!!!

Sort of a clever idea, but isn't the Viking logo a case of copyright?  I have access to a fully computerised sewing machine, and together with my pc I can easily copy various items, but I won't do it because of copyright laws .

5 hours ago, Parsley Cruises said:

Sort of a clever idea, but isn't the Viking logo a case of copyright?  I have access to a fully computerised sewing machine, and together with my pc I can easily copy various items, but I won't do it because of copyright laws .

Only if you try to sell the items..

10 hours ago, Parsley Cruises said:

Don't have a great knowledge of US Laws, but recently researched this for our RV Club, when considering use of the manufacturer's logo.

Most logos cannot be "Copyrighted", but the are normally "Trademarked" which provides less protections than copyrighting. If trademarked we could use it for personal use, but not for selling products to friends/family/club members. The Viking logo is fairly generic, so I suspect it is trademarked and not copyrighted.

This was easily resolved by asking if we could use the logo and received approval.

It most certainly is. And not sure about other countries but it can’t be used if trademarked for items of clothing etc.