Daily fruits and canapes in Concierge Class cabins

CH_ca

I have seen pictures of fruits provided in CC cabins. Are apples, oranges, and pears all the choices you can request? Can you ask for other kinds like papaya, mango, melons and berries?

As for the canapes, if you can ask them to change to specific types (I know you don't have a menu to choose from), can anyone suggest some that are light and not as filling as cheeses and other fatty items?

Hope I'm not being too demanding! 😕Thanks! 😊

My DH and I were on the Summit this past Summer in a C1cabin.

We were not impressed by the canapés delivered to our cabin in the afternoons.

The nibbles were delivered on a small plate divided into four sections as I recall.

One choice was two small gherkin pickles.

The fruit offered was three apples on a rectangular plate.

If an apple or two were eaten, then the plate would be replenished.

The best offering we received was a plate of chocolate covered strawberries.

We were not concerned about the amount or variety of the canapés as there was plenty of food available on the ship.

We did find room service selections and service to be very good though.

A phone call in the morning to alert us to our breakfast being delivered was much appreciated as it served as a wake-up call and allowed time for us to be presentable when the delivery person arrived with our order.

• Like 1

We were most recently in CC on the Silhouette in November.  The "canapes" were just awful -- visually unappetizing strange things (cheese and crackers were rarely delivered).  We didn't bother to request anything special because there was no shortage of food on board, and we could just pop up to the buffet and make up our own plate of cheese and crackers if we wanted one. 

• Like 1

We typically have 3 Granny Smith apples in the rectangular dish.  When an apple is eaten, another one is added.  We just bring back the type of fruit we like from the buffet and we are happy.

The canapés are a lot of fun.  We are always surprised when we remove the top to find what waiting for us below.  Lately, one of the 4 sections have had olives.  Often we get ONE ship and figure that one out....

I have asked the Room Steward to replace apples with bananas and grapes (not an apple fan and love snacking on grapes in the afternoon).  This request was always honored (as recently as a few weeks ago) and we were assured that it was not a problem. 

On our last cruise, the canapes seemed to be better then on past cruises.  As noted above, there were four different canapes (two small servings each) delivered every day on one platter, which always included a sweet.  Those that I remember were deviled eggs, ceviche salad, chips, olives, assorted cheeses, sushi, cream puffs, and petite fore.  

I also mentioned to a Room Steward in the past (not a request, just in conversation) that I love shrimp, and to my surprise, a shrimp platter was delivered to the room in lieu of canapes, not everyday, by on several days during our voyage.  

Not all of the offerings were to our liking, but some were.  Enjoy!

Just a note … we do tip nicely, in addition to the prepaid, at the end of the cruise (depending on service), not at the beginning, so service/request was not because we forked over a big bill.

7 hours ago, CH_ca said:

I have seen pictures of fruits provided in CC cabins. Are apples, oranges, and pears all the choices you can request? Can you ask for other kinds like papaya, mango, melons and berries?

As for the canapes, if you can ask them to change to specific types (I know you don't have a menu to choose from), can anyone suggest some that are light and not as filling as cheeses and other fatty items?

Hope I'm not being too demanding! 😕Thanks! 😊

We had some very tasty hummus with nachos delivered one day and some shrimp another day. Two sectional plates delivered each afternoon and all was eatable

Here is a picture from our Summit cruise a couple of years ago (my parents were in a Concierge cabin).  I definitely wouldn't have paid extra for a Concierge cabin for that but my mom seemed to enjoy getting the daily treats.

enhance

And this is the fruit tray people are talking about.

enhance

We were concierge on the Silhouette last month and the canapes were kind of a joke. There were a few items that were good but most of the time it wasn't finger food and there was no silverware provided. Something that looked like a curry chicken salad for example. I would much rather have had cheese and fruit. The chocolate covered strawberries sounds fabulous.  Even some cookies would have been better than most of the offerings. It doesn't make it or break it for us but just seems a bit of a waste.