Premium Bev Package - Champagne

PoolSlider

Which champagne is offered by the glass on the Premium package?  I tried to do a search but it’s pretty hopeless. Not talking about sparkling, cremant, or cava. I’m on the Infinity in the Med Sea this summer if that makes a difference. 

Edited by PoolSlider

1 hour ago, STLCRUISIN said:

PoolSlider you're right. I should have called it sparkling. Can't call it champagne unless it's from France. 

Actually, US still allows some grandfathered vitners in California to continue to use Champagne on their labels. Whether or not we call it that is something else :classic_ohmy:

6 minutes ago, NantahalaCruiser said:

Actually, US still allows some grandfathered vitners in California to continue to use Champagne on their labels. Whether or not we call it that is something else :classic_ohmy:

Isn't NY State allowed too...or do I mis remember

It was part of WW2 "spoils" to be able to call methode champagne ? yes?

Kleenex or facial tissues?   

If you didnt see the bottle could you really really tell if it was good Champaign or good sparkling wine?

Many people drink Angle Envy because to them it is a great tasting bourbon.  But technically it isn’t because something was  added to it.  Same as Double Oaked Woodford and MM 46. To be a bourbon you cannot add anything extra to it and that includes wood staves but many still refer to it as a bourbon.  And a bourbon made Kentucky can only be labeled as Kentucky bourbon but there are a lot of bourbons made elsewhere.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

14 hours ago, Fogfog said:

It was part of WW2 "spoils" to be able to call methode champagne ? yes?

Not war spoils (unlike Aspirin which brand was taken from Bayer in Germany, as well as German naval training ships among other things). France was a (ultimately) victorious ally.

Labelling it as "method champagne" is allowed because all you're claiming is using the same method.  It's labelling the stuff as Champagne when it isn't that isn't.

37 minutes ago, miched said:

If you didnt see the bottle could you really really tell if it was good Champaign or good sparkling wine?

Actually yes.  Even bad Champagne tastes different (the terroir - though British sparkling wine may be a very very close cousin as it shares a very similar terroir).  Ask Chandon (Möet & Chandon of Dom Perignon fame) that makes sparkling wines in, IIRC, half dozen countries outside France.  Their non-Champagne products still don't taste like the real stuff. 

Just off Equinox and as Jim_lain stated above they served Montaudon.  You could also get Veuve for a $5 upcharge and in Blu they had PJ for a $7 upcharge. There may have been others for an upcharge but we mostly stuck with Chandon.

I will say with the absence of Cellar Master’s, the choices of wines by the glass has declined significantly IMHO.

19 minutes ago, emandjoe said:

Just off Equinox and as Jim_lain stated above they served Montaudon.  You could also get Veuve for a $5 upcharge and in Blu they had PJ for a $7 upcharge. There may have been others for an upcharge but we mostly stuck with Chandon.

I will say with the absence of Cellar Master’s, the choices of wines by the glass has declined significantly IMHO.

I have never seen veuve clicquot brut offered, but have ordered  perrier jouet brut  listed under elevated wines and paid the upcharge to enjoy a nice class of bubbly.  

It was the drink of the day several times and highlighted in the upstairs sunset bar. (deck 15). They were making several cocktails with it and had several bottles on display.  If I recall, they had brut as well as vintage bottles. I’ll see if I can find an image online. I was very surprised. 

Edited by emandjoe

I’m thrilled that there will be options. I don’t drink much (and can not justify getting a whole bottle) but when I do drink, I like to see the stars in a glass. Thanks everybody and I’d love to see an upcharge list!

Edited by PoolSlider
  • Like 1