Dress Code Lawn Club Grill

Nymich

Lawn club is very casual. I think you can wear what you like in speciality restaurants although most stick to the no shorts rule. We ate there week before last in Caribbean and it was full. One thing you might consider is that it is in the open apart from the pull down screens and can be a little cool in the evenings. 

If I can wear shorts I will do it.  I don't see why not when it is outdoors. We just want to relax the first night and not even deal with the first night at Blu.  Man I think I am getting spoiled lol

4 minutes ago, Nymich said:

If I can wear shorts I will do it.  I don't see why not when it is outdoors. We just want to relax the first night and not even deal with the first night at Blu.  Man I think I am getting spoiled lol

I always wear shorts in the MDR (SD) the first evening. 

9 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

not sure what the MDR has to do with Lawn Club, but i can say that last night most men and women at Lawn Club were not in shorts, but i did see two men in shorts there.  It never was chilly but it was windy.

I'll spell it out for you. The OP said in their second post (which I responded to) they were going to the LC the first evening. Nothing to do with the last evening. Soo shorts are allowed in the MDR the first evening then shorts will be allowed the first evening at the LC. They never asked about the weather either. 

Edited by davekathy

52 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I'll spell it out for you. The OP said in their second post (which I responded to) they were going to the LC the first evening. Nothing to do with the last evening. Soo shorts are allowed in the MDR the first evening then shorts will be allowed the first evening at the LC. They never asked about the weather either. 

The suggested dress code does not include shorts, rather shorts are tolerated on the first night as some may not have received their luggage. 

• Like 1

We inquired when we made our reservation for LCG.  Although it is an upcharge restaurant, it is very casual, up top, and outside, so a bit different than the rest.  The person who took our reservation said shorts were fine, so I wore shorts, and saw others there in shorts as well (Tommy Bahama type button down shirts work well there too!). I would not have worn shorts to any of the other specialty dining areas, though, as they definitely would be subject to rules similar to MDR.  As others have said, it is fairly protected, but still can be very breezy.  We were in the southern Caribbean, so was not an issue.  Enjoy it...the food was fabulous!  And the portions are huge!

Edited by DENIE
Wanted to add info

2 hours ago, jelayne said:

The suggested dress code does not include shorts, rather shorts are tolerated on the first night as some may not have received their luggage. 

Exactly what I said. I never said or expressed that shorts were included in the suggested dress guidelines. We've been cruising long enough to know that even with Celebrity's change to the guidelines. Glad you agree with me that the host will always give exception to the suggested dress guidelines the first evening for the different dining venues. 

Edited by davekathy

7 minutes ago, Wine-O said:
8 minutes ago, Wine-O said:

Shorts were fine at the Lawn Club Grill.  We were on a TA and asked, and were told that it was very casual, and shorts were no problem.  

There were quite a few men wearing shorts when we dined last month at The Lawn Club while on the Silhouette . We were in port in Aruba till 11:00p, so it made for a perfect al fresco evening. 

4 hours ago, davekathy said:

Exactly what I said. I never said or expressed that shorts were included in the suggested dress guidelines. We've been cruising long enough to know that even with Celebrity's change to the guidelines. Glad you agree with me that the host will always give exception to the suggested dress guidelines the first evening for the different dining venues. 

Well said.   Thanks