WiFi on board?

horatio123

I like to remain connected while on my travels in the evening before heading to bed, etc.  Cost on the Equinox for the week is $300 CAD which I think is kind of crazy.  I don't intend on taking my ipad off port to use at all.  Is there wifi in the public areas, Library or how does the iLounge work and is it super crazy busy?  What do you usually do?

Not sure if it is available on all ships, but someone posted a flyer on Edge about a new "Surf Plan"  at US $109 for a 7 day cruise.  Hopefully others can confirm if the is just Edge or being offered feet wide.

I checked may April Infinity cruises and it is only offering the Xcelerate Plan for advance purchase.   I also checked my Edge sailing TA in November and also only offers Xcelerate for pre-purchase.

628811599_InternetPricingEdge.jpg.b04d8f1ff6d41bcb83bfeec9200c70f6.jpg

Edited by Jim_Iain

Per the signal strength if you remember that you are on a ship, we were happy with it. My wife was on it much more than me (laptop) for her internet business and she said it was the best she's had on a ship. We were on a balcony on deck six and it was speedy. I used my iPhone all over the ship and maybe twice I noticed a lag.
Others might have a different experience, but we were happy.

We found wifi good all over the ship (Reflection)  ...except when sitting outside on our balcony with the door closed where I found no network.  Possibly, I could have set up a wireless hub in our cabin, but it wasn't worth the effort...I just didn't use any connected equipment on the balcony.

1 hour ago, horatio123 said:

I like to remain connected while on my travels in the evening before heading to bed, etc.  Cost on the Equinox for the week is $300 CAD which I think is kind of crazy.  I don't intend on taking my ipad off port to use at all.  Is there wifi in the public areas, Library or how does the iLounge work and is it super crazy busy?  What do you usually do?

The Lounge is usually empty unless there is a class going on.  Those times are posted.  There is no free internet on the ship but usually found at certain locations at the ports you will be visiting.  Ask a crew member and they usually know.  

Internet is expensive, especially considering the quality.  Signal strength was not acceptable on sea days when many were online.

That’s very odd.  I have been on Reflection since early January with very good internet.  I have been able to stream Netflicks every day.  It does go down for a few minutes as we come into each port in the morning (switching systems?) but after about ten minutes it comes back. 

I concur that a poor internet connection most mornings is very strange and unusual.

We have also had good experience with Celebrity’s WiFi since the updates.

I wonder if when she said that the internet was down most morning if it was related to her  location on the ship.

For instance the Internet was weak for me when I was on my Balcony last week. It was excellent in my cabin and other locations on the ship.

I was on Silhouette for the West Bound TA.    Great internet most of the time during the crossing (high seas most of the trip).    We did loose it while in port of New York and Boston but came back after departing.

I had exceptional reception in our CS but found that they had installed a router in our room as it had previously been a dead spot.   

19 hours ago, JerseyGirlatHeart said:

Paid for internet on our last cruise, (Reflection two weeks ago) and it was terrible.  Most mornings it was down.  Will never pay for it again.  Wasn’t worth the trouble.  

That was the consensus on our last two cruises.  We  also heard from people who said they made a mistake choosing internet as a perk.  There was a seminar in the Sky Lounge and the presenter would joke about the quality of the internet for his presentation.