Beverage plan....

bybs

17 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

Not sure what you are saying. Bucket of beer is a separate purchase from PBP and can be shaed with anyone.

We are saying the same thing.  If one thinks they can get a bucket of beer and share that in the cabin, you can but the PBP won't cover the bucket of beer.

3 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Your screen name should appear at the top of the page to the right.  Click on that screen name and a dropdown menu should appear.  Select manage followed content.  This thread should show on a list.  To the right of the thread name is a button labeled Change Preference.  Click on that button and at the bottom right corner of the box that appears is a button labeled "Unfollow."  Click on that button.  You may need to click the Update Preferences after that as well - I'm not sure.

THANK YOU 🙂

6 hours ago, OCruisers said:

Unfortunately, we saw more "sharing" drink packages on our last cruise than ever before ... especially the coffee package.  

It's a real shame when folks think it's OK to cheat! :classic_sad:

I have often had a drink package and have not cheated with them. But, I had no qualms about going to the coffee shop and buying two cappuccinos. I was entitled to 15 of them over the course of the cruise and didn't go near to using my total. Now, I never went there and asked for two brewed coffees. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daniel A said:

From the description of the New Grounds Coffee Package:  "Coffee cards cannot be sold or otherwise transferred to any individual. Coffee package cards are only valid for use by the purchaser."

The complete quote:

• Coffee packages cannot be sold or otherwise transferred to any individual. Pre-purchased specialty coffees may be shared, but complimentary brewed coffee, teas and hot chocolate continue to be limited to the purchaser.

My husband and I share a coffee package for specialty coffees so in our case it is a perfectly legitimate use. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Alaskanb said:

The complete quote:

• Coffee packages cannot be sold or otherwise transferred to any individual. Pre-purchased specialty coffees may be shared, but complimentary brewed coffee, teas and hot chocolate continue to be limited to the purchaser.

My husband and I share a coffee package for specialty coffees so in our case it is a perfectly legitimate use. 

I don't understand the limit on sharing "complimentary brewed coffee".  If it's complimentary, it's free, right?

2 hours ago, Tedferg said:

This is off the top of my head, so bear with me. I think 7 drinks is the break even point on whether one should buy the PBP or not. Therefore many people buy the PBP on that basis and in fact do not break even. The counter argument could be that a lot of people do not buy PBP based on my logic, but would buy 7 drink package and so more revenue for Princess overall. 

One might then say, 'OK then how about a 10 drink package' but I feel 90% of those buying current PBP would switch to 10 Drinks and so less overall revenue for Princess.

D'Oh! I think you are right. My bad. It definitely wouldn't be to their advantage to offer the lesser package. There you go using logic to disrupt my fantasy!  :classic_rolleyes:

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, bemis12 said:

Complimentary now means it's been purchased?  I need to keep up.

It's always been complimentary brewed "IF" you buy a coffee card/package. This is intended for the purchaser. Like I said you can give the 15 punches to whoever. If you want brewed at the IC and don't have a package/card there is a per cup charge.

Coffee elsewhere (HC/DR etc) is not brewed but made with a syrup concentrate and free to anyone.

24 minutes ago, Alaskanb said:

The complete quote:

Aha!  We are both correct!  I mistakenly attributed the conditions for the Coffee Cards for purchases before June 2018 and said it was for the Coffee Package.  Coffee Cards sold before June 2018 have different conditions than the Coffee Package sold after June 2018.  My mistake saying it applied to the Coffee Package when I should have said it applied to the Coffee Cards.

26 minutes ago, bemis12 said:

I don't understand the limit on sharing "complimentary brewed coffee".  If it's complimentary, it's free, right?

One of the perks of being Elite is having "complimentary laundry service."  Just because it is 'free' doesn't mean you can re-offer free laundry to the rest of the ship.  Same with the coffee and drinks.  Just because it is free for you personally, doesn't mean it's free for everyone else.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Daniel A said:

Aha!  We are both correct!  I mistakenly attributed the conditions for the Coffee Cards for purchases before June 2018 and said it was for the Coffee Package.  Coffee Cards sold before June 2018 have different conditions than the Coffee Package sold after June 2018.  My mistake saying it applied to the Coffee Package when I should have said it applied to the Coffee Cards.

That's true but they still have no way of proving who the card belonged to.

If you've found, bought or received a coffee card as a gift it's yours to do with as you please. 😉

• Haha 1

On 2/5/2019 at 4:20 PM, Daniel A said:

We are saying the same thing.  If one thinks they can get a bucket of beer and share that in the cabin, you can but the PBP won't cover the bucket of beer.

So your saying a person the skirts some of the ships restrictions is a total criminal? 

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Omitravels said:

Dumb questions, but I will ask anyway: you must by a beverage package for the entire cruise, correct? You cannot just purchase a day pass. Like it’s a day at sea, so I need to drink lol

They'll only sell it as a package for the whole cruise knowing that some people won't be able to take full advantage of it during port days when they'll be off the ship for most of the day.

1 hour ago, voljeep said:

it seems like a lot of the NCL cruises have the "free drink package" included ... free - not hardly -- check out the port fees and "other" ... gotcha ... but still ...

$128 x 1.2 = 153.60 x 7 = 1075.20 x 2 = $ 2,150.40 for a 7 day cruise???

even 20% x 128 = 25.60 pp per day  -  ok with that - but it's still ...

It's fee alright. LOL 😏 :classic_biggrin: