Seaside YC Restaurant Dress Code

gmbhardy

2 hours ago, Hobby3333 said:

Never saw anyone gentleman wear sandals.   I never wore a jacket but everyone that I saw were wearing at least slacks and nice shirt.  I would feel out of place in shorts and sandals but that is just me. 

Agree... I do recall seeing someone come in with shorts on and a polo shirt. They were seated...but definitely looked out of place.

On our cruise in June about 50% of the men wore shorts in the dining room on NON formal nights! I don't remember sandals as I wore tennis shoes. after the first night we asked the Concierre if shorts were acceptable and she said yes every night except formal nights. I plan on wearing shorts again in March.

56 minutes ago, Cruisergal1208 said:

I truly can't see what's so hard to make the effort to wear slacks and nice shirt at dinner in the YC DR.  Consider it like a very nice restaurant you would go to at home.   Shorts are fine for breakfast and lunch.  Just my opinion!!!

I agree.   

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, gmbhardy said:

I really don’t need people’s opinions on what is appropriate or not, I just want to know if they have a dress code and if they enforce it.

As you know, this is a HOT topic on all CC forums.  You ask and people reply.  Pull out what you want to hear and disregard the rest.

Yes ... there is a 'suggested' dress code but specifically states no shorts in restaurants for dinner:

66aef58837c52989869b0bd5fcb50062.jpg

I've seen this being enforced and I've seen it being ignored! The crew are afraid sometimes to challenge guests as it comes back on them when said guests make a complaint against them.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Been in the YC on the Meriviglia and Divina.  Both enforced a slacks and button shirt with closed toe shoes for the YC restaurant....no exceptions.  My son was turned away trying to get in with sandals.  No hats allowed, either.  Saw someone make a scene because they said they wore a cap because their head got cold in the YC restaurant.  He was turned away, too.

Women there wore dresses and slacks (no jeans) with a button top.

Hope that helps.

• Like 2

Currently aboard Seaside YC. Husband wss just sent back to put on "long pants" as apparently, this week at least, the three quarters pants (below the knee, almost ankle length)  isn't OK. Last week the same exact pair of pants were fine..

So, apparently it varies - even week to week. Same maitre'd,  dining staff, etc.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cruisergal1208 said:

Sometimes they don’t see you before being seated so some get past the maitre’d. 

Sure, except same maitre'd seated us each week, every day.  So, this week - the same pants that were fine last week were not on this week.  No big deal, he went and out in colored jeans and all fine, just funny - and wildly inconsistent, as much is with MSC.. 

10 hours ago, reedprincess said:

Currently aboard Seaside YC. Husband wss just sent back to put on "long pants" as apparently, this week at least, the three quarters pants (below the knee, almost ankle length)  isn't OK. Last week the same exact pair of pants were fine..

So, apparently it varies - even week to week. Same maitre'd,  dining staff, etc.  

At least it wasn't too bad with the restaurant being in the YC enclave ... it's a different matter on the Fantasia-class ships, where you have to go from the back of the ship all the way to the front to get back to your cabin to change!  😱

13 minutes ago, gmbhardy said:

I guess it depends on the mood of the maître’d on any given day. 

The (asst) m'Ds can be very moody, indeed!  (There is only one ship's m'D, despite people always referencing the asst in the YC restaurant as m'D).

2 minutes ago, Cruisergal1208 said:

Why take a chance and try to "push the envelope" and just abide by what is suggested?

I just enjoy being comfortable. Nice shorts and sandals are allowed in the Haven dining room so that’s why I asked.