Haven/Suite Room Service

Falckon

I'm aware that there is no charge when ordering room service, when staying in the Haven. However, I am wondering if there is a charge when ordering items from the Special Occasion Menu, such as The Collection of International Cheeses, through your butler. Has anyone done this before? On our last couple of Haven stays, we asked our butlers for cheese plates, rather than the usual canapes, without much luck.

We have ordered it, and we have been charged, but we knew we would be so it wasnt a problem.  We have also ordered the regular cheese plate/crackers off the regular room service menu, and while the cheese selection is not as good, that is free. 

19 minutes ago, tel2 said:

We have ordered it, and we have been charged, but we knew we would be so it wasnt a problem.  We have also ordered the regular cheese plate/crackers off the regular room service menu, and while the cheese selection is not as good, that is free. 

Thanks for your quick reply!

Also, I should have mentioned that occasionally my husband has asked for the room service (free) cheese plate every day instead of the savory snacks, and our success level with that has depended entirely on how good the butler is.....

What about food from one of the specialty restaurants?  I have seen reviewers mention getting food from the specialties like Cagney's in the Haven dining room.  Can you get it in the dining room?  Served in the room?  Is there a charge?  Any specialty or just Cagney's?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, you can get a meal from a specialty restaurant as room service from your butler. You will be charged unless you have the dining package or a Platinum voucher. You can't get it Teppanyaki or possibly Ocean Blue (not sure) but you can from all the "normal" specialty restaurants.I don't think you can have it served in the Haven restaurant, but I don't know for sure. I know you can have it in your cabin.

We had chocolate covered strawberrys every day on our recent Gem cruise. In fact, some days we had more than we could eat. If you ask, and they can do it, they will. Just remember to be pleasant and to gently remind people if they forget. People are allowed to forget requests occasionally. :classic_biggrin: You can order from most of the speciality restaurants to your haven suite but there will be a charge. Have a nice day. 

If using the specialty package through room service from a Suite, make sure to clarify with your butler that you are using the package and to check your bill on disembarkation day. We got charged for our room service from Cagney’s, when we shouldn’t have. Had to go to the front desk and get that corrected.