Medallion Net Plans

MsSoCalCruiser

10 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Someone was kind enough to post the three different unlimited Internet plans for me but now I cannot find the photo. Do you happen to have a photo of the different plans or can you point me in the right direction. Thank you! 

Here you go, I can't take credit for the picture. I can't find the post to credit the original poster.

Internet Package MegaBit plan.png

Edited by mjceditor
Picture
  • Thanks 1

I think the three plans shown above are for ships that do not have medallion net setup.  Caribbean Princess has medallion net and they charge $9.99 per day for unlimited or $59.99 per day for 7 day cruise

• Like 2

We are on the Caribbean Princess March 9 traveling with my cabin mates’s  9 yr old granddaugather.  

Her parents want to know if she gets the Medeallion Net Voyage Package will she be able to FaceTime them from the ship?

Is it better to get a daily package or for the whole cruise?

1 hour ago, phabric said:

We are on the Caribbean Princess March 9 traveling with my cabin mates’s  9 yr old granddaugather.  

Her parents want to know if she gets the Medeallion Net Voyage Package will she be able to FaceTime them from the ship?

The speed of the new internet you should be able to face time with no issues.  If you are on a seven day cruise and expect to be using the internet everyday to face time; check emails, etc then the week long package should be fine. 

3 hours ago, AF-1 said:

mjceditor, that price looks like a great deal.  I sail next weekend and am looking forward to the blazing fast medallion net.  I will report back at how good it is.

I’m on the Royal right now. The Medallion.Net WiFi is fast!! Loving having the unlimited package, even though I hemmed and hawed about buying it!!  Especially since all my photos are backing up automatically. 

Cheers, Denise 

• Like 2

Thanks for the information about MedallionNet.

I called Princess, she said the MedallionNet is unlimited so she would be able to FaceTime with her parents all day long if she wants..

I am Elite so have for a 7 day cruise 150 minutes free then would need to go to MedallionNet package if I wanted more.

Pricing for these packages is different if you are Platinum or Elite.  We get a discount as a benefit - which is in lieu of the free minutes under the legacy plans.  If on a non-Medallion ship, you should have a choice to go with legacy path or new path.  Personally, I need the new path as I would never get by with the free minutes.

18 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

Pricing for these packages is different if you are Platinum or Elite.  We get a discount as a benefit - which is in lieu of the free minutes under the legacy plans.  If on a non-Medallion ship, you should have a choice to go with legacy path or new path.  Personally, I need the new path as I would never get by with the free minutes.

I am platinum and will be elite after this cruise.  The premium MedallionNet package that I purchased was $59. I’ve been told that this is the price that everyone is offered. Do we get a discount once on the ship? 

7 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I am platinum and will be elite after this cruise.  The premium MedallionNet package that I purchased was $59. I’ve been told that this is the price that everyone is offered. Do we get a discount once on the ship? 

We are on a ship that is not yet have Ocean Medallion.  We were offered additional minutes at a discount to the 250 free minute benefit.  That said, the add-on minutes were not many at all and I didn't see evidence of the older packages with long minutes (like 400 or 500).  We were also offered the new all-day, unlimited packages at a 20% discount to what non-status passengers pay.  I felt this was a reasonable Platinum/Elite benefit substitution and the unlimited aspect was what I personally need.

I bought the "Surf" package for the full cruise.  The pricing varies by cruise due to length obviously.  Also, I have read the pricing offers are different on Ocean Medallion ships like Regal.  We will be on Regal in June, so I guess I will see what they have then, but again will be after a U/L plan.

2 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

We are on a ship that is not yet have Ocean Medallion.  We were offered additional minutes at a discount to the 250 free minute benefit.  That said, the add-on minutes were not many at all and I didn't see evidence of the older packages with long minutes (like 400 or 500).  We were also offered the new all-day, unlimited packages at a 20% discount to what non-status passengers pay.  I felt this was a reasonable Platinum/Elite benefit substitution and the unlimited aspect was what I personally need.

I bought the "Surf" package for the full cruise.  The pricing varies by cruise due to length obviously.  Also, I have read the pricing offers are different on Ocean Medallion ships like Regal.  We will be on Regal in June, so I guess I will see what they have then, but again will be after a U/L plan.

Thank you.   Are you happy with the Internet speed? What ship are you on? Enjoy your cruise! 

20 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Thank you.   Are you happy with the Internet speed? What ship are you on? Enjoy your cruise! 

We are on Majestic doing a NZ cruise.  The internet speed is MUCH better than the old thing.  Of course it could be better at times but pretty decent.

• Like 1

On 2/7/2019 at 2:50 PM, phabric said:

I am on the Royal now and purchased the unlimited Medallion net package for $99.00 for the entire 49 days prior to boarding.

We used facetime for more than a half hour with our three grandkids yesterday and it worked great.

My advice is to purchase the unlimited package a week or so prior or whatever deal you can get.

DO NOT wait until you are on board as it will be more expensive.

BTW I can watch my local channel 7 ABC NY news with my slingbox while I am on board this ship using Medallion net

With the unlimited package you no longer have to worry about using up your minutes if you fail to logoff.

Howard

• Like 2

23 hours ago, steelers36 said:

From what I have read on other threads, the "discount" if a Platinum/Elite buys the unlimited package on board lowers the onboard price to the same price that anyone can pay pre-cruise.

On a MedallionNet ship, the increased speed may mean that keeping your minutes might work.

On a PrincessConnect ship, the speed is what it always has been. On my recent Emerald voyage which has the PrincessConnect packages, the Internet failed to work over 50% of the time. Anyone who purchased an unlimited package to replace free minutes was wasting their money.

23 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

On board the price is higher. The discount you get on board lowers the price to the pre-cruise price you see now.

• Like 1