new Princess cut back

DarDee

It might be worth your consideration to take a cheaper cruise closer to home first. That way you will know whether you like Princess enough to spend the type of money you are talking about.

Also, you may want to look outside the excursions that Princess provides. There are often better value alternatives. 

Never been to the spa, but I would say that if you love it, then do it.

As far as a mini goes, you may find that a cheaper cabin still offers you lots of space (since you are traveling solo) at a significant discount. The CC is a nice perk, but the MDR is still is good, and you could go to the specialty restaurants a number of times for the difference.

You are spending a lot of money and have upgraded or added to your cruise in a lot of ways. I hope it all works out for you.

This thing about paying for  what you get..... I like Glenn's comparison " like flying business / first class "' 

Up market cruises are dear..... I refer to go at the pointy end with a nice suite... and perks.. which princess are good with......    It is space thing... for the same price on the up market line you get a balcony instead of a suite...

I will be interested to see if see if any cut back have need made since November last year in two week went we board again

Cheers Don

2 minutes ago, RMMariner said:

It might be worth your consideration to take a cheaper cruise closer to home first. That way you will know whether you like Princess enough to spend the type of money you are talking about.

Also, you may want to look outside the excursions that Princess provides. There are often better value alternatives. 

Never been to the spa, but I would say that if you love it, then do it.

As far as a mini goes, you may find that a cheaper cabin still offers you lots of space (since you are traveling solo) at a significant discount. The CC is a nice perk, but the MDR is still is good, and you could go to the specialty restaurants a number of times for the difference.

You are spending a lot of money and have upgraded or added to your cruise in a lot of ways. I hope it all works out for you.

Thank you for your words. I seldom get vacation time because of my career choices and when I do, I go all out looking for the best of the best.

I’ll tie this into the thread in a moment. 

I like frequent places like Nashville, New Orleans, Anchorage and other places. I like to fly business or first class, and I stay in the best hotels. I’ve spent a lot of money on hotels. 

So being adventurous, this time, takes me on this voyage. Don’t get me wrong, I am not complaining about costs. It’s not really a factor. I only bring it up to make the point that if I upgrade the amenities, I should expect the service to be upgraded as well. 

In the spirit of this thread, a certain level of service should be expected. I try not to make those expectations unrealistic and as I said before, bedding isn’t a priority. 

All this reminds of the scene in the movie “Pretty Woman” where the rich dude in the clothing store expected a certain level of grovelling. 

By the way, I’m 59 and I have never in my life been to a spa. Just part of the cruise ship experience. Lol

Glenn

2 minutes ago, Grburkart said:

Thank you for your words. I seldom get vacation time because of my career choices and when I do, I go all out looking for the best of the best.

I’ll tie this into the thread in a moment. 

I like frequent places like Nashville, New Orleans, Anchorage and other places. I like to fly business or first class, and I stay in the best hotels. I’ve spent a lot of money on hotels. 

So being adventurous, this time, takes me on this voyage. Don’t get me wrong, I am not complaining about costs. It’s not really a factor. I only bring it up to make the point that if I upgrade the amenities, I should expect the service to be upgraded as well. 

In the spirit of this thread, a certain level of service should be expected. I try not to make those expectations unrealistic and as I said before, bedding isn’t a priority. 

All this reminds of the scene in the movie “Pretty Woman” where the rich dude in the clothing store expected a certain level of grovelling. 

By the way, I’m 59 and I have never in my life been to a spa. Just part of the cruise ship experience. Lol

Glenn

sorry if you took my post wrong, Glenn

just trying to see what , if any ,comparisons you were making about "average" ... you've done a good job

explaining your situation

don't know if you've posted, or care to post, any details of your cruise ...

6 minutes ago, voljeep said:

sorry if you took my post wrong, Glenn

just trying to see what , if any ,comparisons you were making about "average" ... you've done a good job

explaining your situation

don't know if you've posted, or care to post, any details of your cruise ...

Thanks voljeep!

my cruise is a 22 day adventure of the Mediterranean leaving October 13 from Barcelona round trip. (Emerald)

Glenn

Edited by Grburkart

4 minutes ago, Grburkart said:

Thanks voljeep!

my cruise is a 22 day adventure of the Mediterranean leaving October 13 from Barcelona round trip. 

Glenn

Sounds amazing - hope everything lives up to your now somewhat lofty expectations ...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grburkart said:

It is a great itinerary - no doubt about it! I have stayed in all types of cabins on Princess and have always received great service, even within inside cabins. The food on Princess IMO doesn't justify that cost. Did you happen to look at the other lines? Sometimes when people are spending that much, they can cruise on a "better line" for around the same amount.

I agree with the person who recommended not CC but maybe a less pricy cabin and use the difference for speciality restaurants where the food is better.

I hope your trip meets or exceeds your expectations. The itinerary is great.

3 hours ago, voljeep said:

Sounds amazing - hope everything lives up to your now somewhat lofty expectations ...

1 hour ago, Coral said:

I hope your trip meets or exceeds your expectations. The itinerary is great.

Thank you both! I don’t have unrealistic expectations on the grandeur of being doted on and waited on hand and foot. I’m happy with a smile and friendly greeting. I don’t expect to skip the queue or to pretend I’m better than everyone else. 

The only expectation I have is to be treated with respect and from what I understand, that’s the way all passengers get treated and I promise to return the same. I’m actually easy to please and I’m not high maintenance. I’ll do my part to keep my stateroom orderly so as to not put extra strain on the steward. The wait staff are trained to be professional and I expect that. And again, I will return the respect. I’m not snobby or snooty but give me negative attitude and I change. 

So in a nutshell it’s pretty much guaranteed I’ll have a great time. 

Glenn

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, Grburkart said:

Thank you both! I don’t have unrealistic expectations on the grandeur of being doted on and waited on hand and foot. I’m happy with a smile and friendly greeting. I don’t expect to skip the queue or to pretend I’m better than everyone else. 

The only expectation I have is to be treated with respect and from what I understand, that’s the way all passengers get treated and I promise to return the same. I’m actually easy to please and I’m not high maintenance. I’ll do my part to keep my stateroom orderly so as to not put extra strain on the steward. The wait staff are trained to be professional and I expect that. And again, I will return the respect. I’m not snobby or snooty but give me negative attitude and I change. 

Glenn

OT comment...

Hi Glenn,

I say good for you! I am also a solo traveler and do not go the frugal route  simply because I don't want to or have to. I am also low key when I travel even though it is higher end. As an example that you also do, I always fly first/business. 😊

Go and enjoy, the Med is a great cruise!

• Like 3

On 2/11/2019 at 8:25 PM, Grburkart said:

Glenn

Glenn- I hope you have an amazing cruise.  

• Like 1

On 2/7/2019 at 5:43 PM, 23ros said:

Have you ever thought of the big picture.

Princess ships are getting bigger with thousands of passengers and crew.

Now, if every bed got changed every 2nd day,  this would add extra pressure on the laundry staff.

Think of every item they wash every day.  It's massive.

Then - next thing - Elite passengers are complaining of their laundry taking so long to get back to them.

Remember - it's not as if the ship can outsource the laundry!!!   

If you feel that your sheets need changing then simply ask nicely.  It's pays to be nice to staff on cruises.

Whilst it's important to you what day the sheets get changed, in the grand plan of life I am just grateful that we get the pleasure of being on a wonderful cruise ship.   

It’s also nice to Slip your cabin Stewart a little $$ if you want your sheets changed more often! 

1 hour ago, BuckGood said:

It’s also nice to Slip your cabin Stewart a little $$ if you want your sheets changed more often! 

But remember, your steward can only do so much.   His supervisor watches over him very closely and he does not have free rein of sheets.   Please don't put pressure on your steward to risk them getting into trouble.   They do try to do whatever they can to help but there is a limit.

If you really want fresh sheets every day,   than book a suite - it is a perk that comes with the price.   It is not a perk in the other cabin categories.

• Like 2

On 2/7/2019 at 4:55 PM, DarDee said:

Does everyone realise that Princess has now cut back on the days between changing of the sheets on our beds?  it used to be 3 days and now it's 4.  

This is not a cut back on the days between changing the sheets, it is increase of one day based on your figures.  You could look at it as a financial cut back though.

Regards John

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 4:16 PM, getting older slowly said:

I think what is under the sheets is more important...  

I guess everyone has their own priorities...

I think what goes on between the sheets is more important.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, compozer said:

But remember, your steward can only do so much.   His supervisor watches over him very closely and he does not have free rein of sheets.   Please don't put pressure on your steward to risk them getting into trouble.   They do try to do whatever they can to help but there is a limit.

If you really want fresh sheets every day,   than book a suite - it is a perk that comes with the price.   It is not a perk in the other cabin categories.

First I was Only suggesting! I could care less if they changed our sheets for 3-4 or even 5 days as we sleep on our sheets for 2 weeks at a time. I was Onlr saying one could do that, I woul Never ask our cabin Stewart to do Anything extra!

• Like 1