FTTF Check In

wesorbeth

13 hours ago, Cruisegoer said:

How early does FTTF begin?

Once the ship clears and boarding begins, you'll be right behind diamond and plats, which typically dont take very long. I would say if you wanted to get there 1030 you'll probably be on the ship by 11 with a 4pm departure. 

1 hour ago, elcuchio24 said:

Once the ship clears and boarding begins, you'll be right behind diamond and plats, which typically dont take very long. I would say if you wanted to get there 1030 you'll probably be on the ship by 11 with a 4pm departure. 

So if I buy FTTF I might get on an hour earlier if my check in time is 12-1pm? $35pp for an hour....hmmmm.

26 minutes ago, Cruisegoer said:

True but we don't tender at either port we're going to and we must do express check-out to meet our shuttle bus anyway.

20 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

It pretty much is.

Again, not the only benefits.  The value of FTTF is completely subjective.  We buy it to get immediate access to our stateroom and to avoid a little of the crowds at the beginning of the cruise due to some mobility issues.  It's honestly not a good value for everyone.

Edited by Schoifmom

1 minute ago, Schoifmom said:

Again, not the only benefits.  The value of FTTF is completely subjective.  We buy it to get immediate access to our stateroom and to avoid a little of the crowds at the beginning of the cruise due to some mobility issues.

So the subjective benefit you're describing is early boarding.....which was my original statement.

7 minutes ago, Cruisegoer said:

So the subjective benefit you're describing is early boarding.....which was my original statement.

No.  Staterooms are not ready until 1:30 unless you are P/D/FTTF.  FTTF gets immediate access to their stateroom, expedited luggage delivery, priority tender (when applicable), and the P/D/FTTF line at Guest Services in addition to VIP check in lines, VIP security, earlier boarding group, and early debarkation.

We go drop off our carry ons so that we don't have to drag them around and find somewhere quiet to have lunch and avoid the hoards of crowds in the stateroom hallways at 1:30.

Again, the value is completely subjective.  If you don't want it, don't buy it.  It has value for me.

Edited by Schoifmom
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Schoifmom said:

No.  Staterooms are not ready until 1:30 unless you are P/D/FTTF.  FTTF gets immediate access to their stateroom, expedited luggage delivery, and the P/D/FTTF line at Guest Services in addition to VIP check in lines, VIP security, earlier boarding group, and early debarkation.

We go drop off our carry ons so that we don't have to drag them around and find somewhere quiet to have lunch and avoid the hoards of crowds in the stateroom hallways at 1:30.

Again, the value is completely subjective.  If you don't want it, don't buy it.  It has value for me.

Absolutely correct.  We have done both FTTF and without.  If you have FTTF, not only to you get on board earlier, you get to go directly to your stateroom, and most likely your luggage will already be there waiting for you.  We enjoy this as we can get unpacked and setup in the cabin before most people are even on board.  Then we can enjoy a relaxing lunch and avoid the stateroom hallways in the afternoon.

Also, you do get priority tenders, priority debarkation, and you also get priority customer service if you need it.  The couple of times we needed to go to the guest services desk there was a long line and we got to go right up with FTTF.

All the perks are 100% subjective to the cruiser.  If you don't think it's worth it, then don't buy it.  Others swear by it, as I do.  Just do what you think is best.  If you are hesitant about spending the money, then most likely you will not think it worthwhile.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Cruisegoer said:

Also, the benefit is not subjective, since it is a noun not based on feelings, tastes, or opinions.  It is just a thing.  The perceived value of the benefit is subjective.

Edited by Schoifmom
  • Like 1

We love FTTF...love getting onboard early and getting immediate access to our room to drop off our carry-ons and my backpack that contains my CPAP. Then we are unencumbered to go eat lunch on the lido, and explore the ship without dragging around the carry-ons. We also enjoy the early departure, as we have a 12 hour drive facing us. As mentioned above, it's nice to be able to go straight to the counter when dealing with the guest services. Last cruise, we had a false charge attached to our account, and when I went to the service desk to get it removed, I had absolutely no wait. There must have been 6 or 7 people waiting in the regular line. If you ask me, it's worth it. 🙂

2 hours ago, Cruisegoer said:

So if I buy FTTF I might get on an hour earlier if my check in time is 12-1pm? $35pp for an hour....hmmmm.

It depends on when you get your check in. If you do get the earliest, after check in and soforth you'll probably on by 1ish? and may have to wait for a bit for your room to be ready.

With FTTF, you can roll in 1030, on before 11am, and your room is ready for you. There are some other perks obviously, but I agree the embarkation/debarkation are the main ones. So, if its worth it to you to get on the ship a couple hours early and have your room ready, cool. If not, there is no lack of demand for your FTTF spot :-)

6 minutes ago, Icesk8rReedy said:

My last cruise we had FTTF and we were boarded, unpacked, tipsy, and napped all before safety drill.  Totally worth it for us.  TOTALLY!

This! I've had FTTF every cruise except our last one on the Vista in Oct. I like getting on early before the rush, dropping our bags off, getting our luggage unpacked. Eat, get a few drinks, take a nap all before the muster drill and be ready to party all night.