Boarding Times

nextcruiseonmymind

20 minutes ago, nextcruiseonmymind said:

Does Holland America assign boarding times or is it first come first served?

Boarding generally commences at 1130 hrs for all; There is an "express lane" for PH and Neptune suite occupants

Edited by Copper10-8

7 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

Boarding generally commences at 1130 hrs for all; There is an "express lane" for PH and Neptune suite occupants

And express for 4 and 5 star Mariners.  

You can arrive at the pier earlier if you want.  Too early, though, and you're standing in line waiting for the doors to open.  Have a marvelous cruise.

We just got off NA today. On embarcation day, we arrived at the port at 10:50. Check in was a breeze. Boarding started at 11:15 for priority groups. We were in group 15 and we were on by 11:45. Cabins were ready immediately. I was done with all my cruise errands by 12:15 and off to the mdr for lunch. Bags showed up and we unpacked well before sailaway. ALL very efficient. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Hawaiidan said:

As too late...be on the ship  1 hour before it is scheduled to sail  as per  US  regulations

Unless you haven’t completed all your online documentation.  Then it’s 90 minutes.

“U.S. government security regulations require us to submit certain guest information to law enforcement authorities at least 60 minutes prior to departure. To meet this requirement, we must have the necessary information in our records at least 90 minutes before departure. If we do not have your information by this deadline, you will be unable to sail. Guests are urged to complete the Online Check-in process before leaving home. Guests who wait to check in at the terminal risk being unable to sail even if they arrive at the terminal before the vessel leaves. You will be responsible for all costs you incur to join the vessel at the next port.”

Well...here is another idea.     Why rush on board to fight your way on board lugging hand bags   Run around trying to find a  table in the buffet, and dealing with the milling crowds of those lost, excited or short tempered.all while getting run over by scooter drivers getting used to the ship......................     WHY .... Are you a masochist 

If you have been on cruises before or even the same ship....whats the hurry?    Stay ashore have a nice lunch or look around.   

Then about 2.5 hours    say 2:30 or even 3:    and dump your bags, dance directly up the gangway  and get to your room... your bags may beat you...!      Oh..my . miss the buffet......heck dinner in going to be in 3 hours !!   And  I have found that I wont  be deprived of  much eating opportunities on the cruise....    Relax in my cabin pour a drink and enjoy  ......    I have been doing this for years now and it seems like why did not discover this early.....

5 minutes ago, Hawaiidan said:

Well...here is another idea.     Why rush on board to fight your way on board lugging hand bags   Run around trying to find a  table in the buffet, and dealing with the milling crowds of those lost, excited or short tempered.all while getting run over by scooter drivers getting used to the ship......................     WHY .... Are you a masochist 

If you have been on cruises before or even the same ship....whats the hurry?    Stay ashore have a nice lunch or look around.   

Then about 2.5 hours    say 2:30 or even 3:    and dump your bags, dance directly up the gangway  and get to your room... your bags may beat you...!      Oh..my . miss the buffet......heck dinner in going to be in 3 hours !!   And  I have found that I wont  be deprived of  much eating opportunities on the cruise....    Relax in my cabin pour a drink and enjoy  ......    I have been doing this for years now and it seems like why did not discover this early.....

This is totally a personal preference...no reason to dismiss those who disagree with you. We will be boarding our 22nd cruise i a  couple of months...we still enjoy getting on board as soon as our travels allow. 

14 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

This is totally a personal preference...no reason to dismiss those who disagree with you. We will be boarding our 22nd cruise i a  couple of months...we still enjoy getting on board as soon as our travels allow. 

Whatever pleases you.... I just decided the boarding frenzy was something I was happy to miss.   But  thats me.