TOO MANY PHONE MESSAGES ON EDGE!

hcat

2 hours ago, hcat said:

. DH finally found the list of  officers and staff on board somewhere  on the TV..but we had no way to print it..I like to save them for reference

When I can't print something like that I take a picture with my phone (though I sometimes forget about that option). 🙂

When I'm on a cruise, I don't want to receive any phone calls except from friends I'm cruising with.  I find the constant calls from the CC rep annoying.  Nice to know you can tell them to stop.  And no caller ID on the Edge is a definite turnoff.  I thought this was supposed to be some sort of advanced ship.  Guess not.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

When I'm on a cruise, I don't want to receive any phone calls except from friends I'm cruising with.  I find the constant calls from the CC rep annoying.  Nice to know you can tell them to stop.  And no caller ID on the Edge is a definite turnoff.  I thought this was supposed to be some sort of advanced ship.  Guess not.

It is advanced! They learned from other ships with caller ID that people weren't answering the advertising calls.😉

Edited by vtcruising
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, vtcruising said:

It is advanced! They learned from other ships with caller ID that people weren't answering the advertising calls.😉

Well, they can take those robo advertising calls and stuff them as far as I'm concerned!  I don't go on a cruise to get slammed with that stuff.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Well, they can take those robo advertising calls and stuff them as far as I'm concerned!  I don't go on a cruise to get slammed with that stuff.

Absolutely agree! I just wondered if they purposely took the caller ID away so we don't recognize the advertising calls. 🙂

4 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Absolutely agree! I just wondered if they purposely took the caller ID away so we don't recognize the advertising calls. 🙂

Hey, maybe Park West can start early and invade our roll calls, start early signups and appointments.  X can start knocking on our cabin doors with display pieces, that roll into your cabin on a cart.  "Good Morning Mrs ____, look what the jewelry store has in store for you today."

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Stateroom_Sailor said:

Hey, maybe Park West can start early and invade our roll calls, start early signups and appointments.  X can start knocking on our cabin doors with display pieces, that roll into your cabin on a cart.  "Good Morning Mrs ____, look what the jewelry store has in store for you today."

Don't give them any ideas! 😉

I was happy that they didn't use the app and GPS to advertise things as I walked by them. I left my GPS on most of the time so they knew where I was (or at least that is what I was led to believe). There were early press releases touting notifications for things we were interested in (not sure how that was determined). “We’ll send you notifications for the things you’ve told us you’re interested in and use it to reduce pain points across the entire experience,” said Lutoff-Perlo. “It will help us personalize your cruise as we’ve never been able to do before.”  I was expecting to get some sort of sales pitch as I walked by Tiffany or other shops. Maybe it is coming down the pike...

That would really turn me off! What is a pain point???? How is it reduced?

I do not like to be tracked...hard to avoid these days..even at supermarkets but keeping the phone off helps!

Btw... Screen shots of the bios would have been a  big job. They ran crosswise on  the screen... They should return to written bios!

55 minutes ago, hcat said:

That would really turn me off! What is a pain point???? How is it reduced?

I do not like to be tracked...hard to avoid these days..even at supermarkets but keeping the phone off helps!

Btw... Screen shots of the bios would have been a  big job. They ran crosswise on  the screen... They should return to written bios!

True, I took a few pictures of TV screens (movies available, etc), but that was a big TV. 🙂 Hopefully they will also put the officers info on the app so we can just get a screen shot and send it to Arno (or maybe will give up and give us a paper copy).

I purposely left the GPS on to see what happened - I wanted to see if they were watching my movements and then would send me notifications for certain venues. I was happy to see that they were not doing that (yet).

23 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Park West - they infect every Celebrity and RCCL cruise ship with their constant pamphlets, messages, cabin mailings, announcements, champagne receptions, and interruptions.  I guess there must be a market on cruises for them so I'm sure some passengers do like them to be there.  But IMO I wish they would be less intrusive and be more in the background.  

Agree.  Those paper leaflets every single night and all the baloney from Park West has become increasingly annoying.  Save the Waves my patoot - SAVE ON THE PAPER that hits the circular file even before we look at what it is.  

On 2/13/2019 at 10:26 AM, PatC said:

Agree.  Those paper leaflets every single night and all the baloney from Park West has become increasingly annoying.  Save the Waves my patoot - SAVE ON THE PAPER that hits the circular file even before we look at what it is.  

Yes I tend to toss the nightly inserts and other paper immediately when it says Park West.  Maybe they should have a dedicated Park West recycling bin!