TOO MANY PHONE MESSAGES ON EDGE!

hcat

Was anyone  unhappy about the constant  daily phone messages on EDGE.

We did not mind the daily message from Cap Club rep, but we had  a string of  messages to  play each day..announcing events, etc,   Sort of like unwanted robo calls that were loaded into the system,,,

We'd rather have the paper ads we can discard or re use on the back..easier than listening through,.,,

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, hcat said:

We did not mind the daily message from Cap Club rep, but we had  a string of  messages to  play each day..announcing events, etc,   Sort of like unwanted robo calls that were loaded into the system,,,

We'd rather have the paper ads we can discard or re use on the back..easier than listening through,.,,

So how was your cruise on the Edge? 

31 minutes ago, hcat said:

I guess we lucked out - we only had Kirsty, the CC hostess calling about events. I have had that issue on other ships though - especially with spa calls.

We received phone messages at 10pm for the first couple of nights from the port shopping lady - so annoying to have the flashing red light going all night on the phone by the bed!. I went to Customer Services to complain and they stopped fortunately!

• Like 3

12 hours ago, RICCruisers said:

Just back also. I learned after the first message that all you had to do was hit 2 to erase. It took 10 seconds to do. The Park West invitation was more annoying. 

Wish we knew that!  Phone ringing during a nap is annoying.

.Bad enough at home during dinner hr and we are on the do nit call registry.

Some days we had up to 5 or 6 very LONG Messages

12 hours ago, davekathy said:

So how was your cruise on the Edge? 

We enjoyed it.. you can click on my screen name for links to my AQ class review and other posts where I  have been chiming in.

Lots of the  anticipated pre cruise negs were not a problem,( Inf Veranda, storage) but other issues of windy open decks,  lack of sun cover up top and  very noisy public areas had not even been on our radar!

We did miss Ensemble Lounge type spaces and shops with reg merchandise,..Too many hi end jewelry stores!

....As we all know  best to experience it in person.!  We are keeping our Nov res..after that back to the tried and true M and S Class!

17 minutes ago, hcat said:

Wish we knew that!  Phone ringing during a nap is annoying.

.Bad enough at home during dinner hr and we are on the do nit call registry.

Some days we had up to 5 or 6 very LONG Messages

I wonder if they're increasing these messages to drum up sales?  It seems like earlier passengers didn't get these same number of calls.  Did they seem targeted based on your prior purchases, on other sailings?

We don't own, but stayed at a Wyndham Timeshare for Christmas, and they left 1-2 messages per day.  Welcome greeting, checkout time, and general updates such free BBQ lunch.  Not all owners were happy with their purchase, but these messages were meant to make them feel appreciated, informative, without trying to sell anything.

13 hours ago, hcat said:

On Edge, we just got an occasional message from the CC hostess.  I think one from the Suite Lounge concierge for a special event.  On other ships I remember receiving daily messages from the Michael's Club concierge and from the cc hosts so this is not really anything new to me on Edge.  In fact less overall on Edge.

I too wonder if they were targeting. We never stopped and talked to the Park West people - maybe if people signed up for a raffle or stopped to chat, they were more apt to be called, for example. I know on the Reflection last time, after my DH and I went for massages, we got 2-3 calls after that, letting us know about special deals.

47 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

I too wonder if they were targeting. We never stopped and talked to the Park West people - maybe if people signed up for a raffle or stopped to chat, they were more apt to be called, for example. I know on the Reflection last time, after my DH and I went for massages, we got 2-3 calls after that, letting us know about special deals.

Park West - they infect every Celebrity and RCCL cruise ship with their constant pamphlets, messages, cabin mailings, announcements, champagne receptions, and interruptions.  I guess there must be a market on cruises for them so I'm sure some passengers do like them to be there.  But IMO I wish they would be less intrusive and be more in the background.  

55 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

I meant to say that the calls were from the Spa after getting the massages (rereading it, it looked like I meant that PW was calling to give us massages 😊)

3 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Park West - they infect every Celebrity and RCCL cruise ship with their constant pamphlets, messages, cabin mailings, announcements, champagne receptions, and interruptions.  I guess there must be a market on cruises for them so I'm sure some passengers do like them to be there.  But IMO I wish they would be less intrusive and be more in the background.  

I didn't feel that they were too in your face on that cruise, but I didn't get the phone calls. That would have made me unhappy, especially if I was napping. Not having the caller ID was a pain too.

I read a book by a guy who was an actual PW salesperson (I think that was the company he was with) on cruise ships. It was fascinating (and much of it funny) - I vowed to steer clear of PW after reading that book. 🙂

4 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

I didn't feel that they were too in your face on that cruise, but I didn't get the phone calls. That would have made me unhappy, especially if I was napping. Not having the caller ID was a pain too.

I read a book by a guy who was an actual PW salesperson (I think that was the company he was with) on cruise ships. It was fascinating (and much of it funny) - I vowed to steer clear of PW after reading that book. 🙂

I think it would be easier to get the prints that they "auction" on Amazon or other online sources.  Why waste valuable cruise minutes attending their events?

1 hour ago, hcat said:

We enjoyed it.. you can click on my screen name for links to my AQ class review and other posts where I  have been chiming in.

Lots of the  anticipated pre cruise negs were not a problem,( Inf Veranda, storage) but other issues of windy open decks,  lack of sun cover up top and  very noisy public areas had not even been on our radar!

We did miss Ensemble Lounge type spaces and shops with reg merchandise,..Too many hi end jewelry stores!

....As we all know  best to experience it in person.!  We are keeping our Nov res..after that back to the tried and true M and S Class!

Thanks. I will. I was just wondering as I knew you had a number of posts concerning the negative posts prior to your Edge cruise. Totally agree. We would never book or not book a cruise, ship or itinerary based on others positive or negative opinions, experiences or reviews. 

Edited by davekathy

We got a number of messages too, from Captain’s Club and some from spa related things (yoga or relaxation or some such). There were at least 1-2 per day and they were annoying. They used to put messages in your inbox that you could view on the TV but maybe people weren’t seeing them there? The place they should put them is in the app since they seem to be so desperate for people to use the app for everything. (We found it useless. Used it for boarding and that was it.)

We got spa, gym/ health calls, art ( never ever attended an auction ever),  food etc

Only thing I bought was  a small item at the spa , 2 treatments, and the EDGE Prism Necklace..no diamonds ! We went to the gym but never had to show our cards???

I did not mind Cap Club alerts or news from the CD..and now I know the secret to delete!

8 minutes ago, hcat said:

We got spa, gym/ health calls, art ( never ever attended an auction ever),  food etc

Only thing I bought was  a small item at the spa , 2 treatments, and the EDGE Prism Necklace..no diamonds ! We went to the gym but never had to show our cards???

I did not mind Cap Club alerts or news from the CD..and now I know the secret to delete!

You must have looked so snazzy on your birthday that they thought you were rolling in dough!😉

We were recently on Summit and also had LONG daily messages from Cap Club and others.  At least on our phone, you could not delete the message (and the phone would not stop blinking) until after you listened to the whole message (I tried hitting 2 for 'delete' several times while the message was playing).  It didn't take more than a day or two to be annoyed by that.  I left the CC Concierge a message one evening and asked to be removed from the distribution list.  That worked to end the Cap Club messages.  We only had one or two others (from other callers) after that. 

Fortunately, we did not have any phone calls/messages from Park West.  We did get several invites on our door, which promptly went in the trash.

1 hour ago, vtcruising said:

You must have looked so snazzy on your birthday that they thought you were rolling in dough!😉

Ha ha..dh always jokes to beach vendors while pointing to me.. "Buyer Here!"   I could kick him!

Oddly,  I thought info was  somewhat limited on the TV and in the newsletter for 1/27..

. DH finally found the list of  officers and staff on board somewhere  on the TV..but we had no way to print it..I like to save them for reference

Calls not ot a deal breaker but annoyIng!

4 hours ago, WonderMan3 said:

The place they should put them is in the app since they seem to be so desperate for people to use the app for everything. (We found it useless. Used it for boarding and that was it.)

That would be a great idea. I too found the app less then useful. The phone as key only worked once and never again. That's a great feature if it works properly (I have that for my car & it is so cool!). I found lots of the information on the app incorrect. 

Carnival's phone app is great. The best feature on their app is the ability to put in a reservation for a table under their Your Time Dining service. It tells you how long the wait will be and will tell you what table you're assigned to when it's ready. You can also see the evenings menu on it. They just added the ability to order a pizza and have it delivered to you where ever you are on the ship. How cool is that?