Themed Cruises

chrismch

We've been thinking of booking a Jazz Cruise on Infinity and understand they book the WHOLE cruise. We'll be paying a hefty premium for the entertainment.  Per the Jazz Cruise company, on that cruise, there won't be any Elite Amenities, which we'll miss. If you've done a themed cruise where they book the ship, have you had that experience?

We are Elite and have sailed 3 times on the Smooth Jazz Cruises.  Each time we have received the Internet Elite Minutes Perk and also 3 coupons for drinks to be used between 5:00 and 7:00 PM.  I believe these were the only Elite Perks we received.  We leave next week for the Smooth Jazz Cruise on the Infinity and are hoping to still receive the internet and drink coupons.  Fingers crossed!

13 hours ago, chrismch said:

We've been thinking of booking a Jazz Cruise on Infinity and understand they book the WHOLE cruise. We'll be paying a hefty premium for the entertainment.  Per the Jazz Cruise company, on that cruise, there won't be any Elite Amenities, which we'll miss. If you've done a themed cruise where they book the ship, have you had that experience?

Is this a regular cruise, a Charter, or a Group? Makes a difference. No Elite perks would indicate a charter.

4 hours ago, zodiac1 said:

We are Elite and have sailed 3 times on the Smooth Jazz Cruises.  Each time we have received the Internet Elite Minutes Perk and also 3 coupons for drinks to be used between 5:00 and 7:00 PM.  I believe these were the only Elite Perks we received.  We leave next week for the Smooth Jazz Cruise on the Infinity and are hoping to still receive the internet and drink coupons.  Fingers crossed!

That's strange. We also are Elite, and last year, we were on the SJC 18.2, on Summit. We received zip/nada/nothing in the way of onboard Captain's Club perks. Since we had the drink package, we didn't inquire about the drinks. But we did specifically ask about the internet perk. We were told that the best thing they could do was to give us a discount on a regular internet package. The ONLY CC benefit we received was credit for the cruise. We're also on 19.2 -- will ask again-- and see ya on the ship!🎶 🙂

Thanks, everyone for your input! We've only recently been upgraded to Elite and really appreciate the perks, but I guess it's worth it to see world-class jazz performers.

For those who've been on the cruises, what is the set-up for entertainment? Is it a few different venues during the daytime and one main performance at night? Or do they make use of more of the venues at night as well?

18 hours ago, wwcruisers said:

That's strange. We also are Elite, and last year, we were on the SJC 18.2, on Summit. We received zip/nada/nothing in the way of onboard Captain's Club perks. Since we had the drink package, we didn't inquire about the drinks. But we did specifically ask about the internet perk. We were told that the best thing they could do was to give us a discount on a regular internet package. The ONLY CC benefit we received was credit for the cruise. We're also on 19.2 -- will ask again-- and see ya on the ship!🎶 🙂

Oops!  I checked all my previous cruise packets and I misspoke.  We missed the Smooth Jazz Cruise last year (2018) but sailed on the 2017 Celebrity Summit cruise.  Before that sailing, Holland American had the contract and we sailed on a few of those sailings.  However, we absolutely did receive drink coupons and the 90 minutes of internet on the 2017 Celebrity Smooth Jazz sailing.  Perhaps the Elite benefits are now written out of the Charter Contract.  I hope note and we will find out next week.  See you on board!

18 hours ago, chrismch said:

Thanks, everyone for your input! We've only recently been upgraded to Elite and really appreciate the perks, but I guess it's worth it to see world-class jazz performers.

For those who've been on the cruises, what is the set-up for entertainment? Is it a few different venues during the daytime and one main performance at night? Or do they make use of more of the venues at night as well?

All I can tell you about is the one Smooth Jazz Cruise that we were on, last year. Summit was designed for this sort of cruise -- small, intimate music venues, everywhere you turn. And the SJC folks did make full use of the Theater and the large forward lounge (Revelations), as well as the pool deck. What surprised me was their use of the MDR, during off-hours. They actually built a temporary stage in there -- back toward the large aft window. And, if your cruise stops at Coco Cay, be prepared for another treat -- a musical beach party! :classic_cool:🎵

• 2 weeks later...

Curious....

How does one find out if a particular sailing has a charter/group tour booking?

We had a sailing that a large-ish group of about 70-80  were on board and took over several public venues for private events--one being the Martini bar every evening as listed in the daily....

Never was a Golden Girls fan so this would not be our thing....

we are Blues Fans, Jazz Fans...and so that would be a fun thing for us to stumble upon...

So since Celebrity doesn't note it on their website that there is a large group/partial charter for a sailing--- how do we find out???