Live(ish) Millie HK to Singapore

Alushar

13 minutes ago, TraceyT7717 said:

Thank you so much for posting your blog. We have really enjoyed it and the pictures have been great. We board Millie today and are so excited. Safe journey for your onward travel. Tracey and Glen x

Any chance you plan to continue the picture journey for us?  I'm sure there is so much more to see.  Regardless, have an amazing cruise!

Edited by pd7277

13 hours ago, mahdnc said:

Yes, nice job, indeed.  We have this cruise booked next year over Christmas and I am really looking forward to it.

We sailed this itinerary over the Christmas period and thoroughly enjoyed it, so much so that we did say it was one we would repeat in the future. Hope you’ve got a FV, best place to be 😉?

Day 15 Last Day

Up early and down to MDR for breakfast very surprised to see a full menu being offered rather than the usual express breakfast. A very quiet dining room. 

With an horrendous 23:15 flight this evening we had booked a trip leading to drop off at the airport which worked pretty well. 

Our first stop was the Botanic Gardens and the National Orchid Garden. As we arrived we heard some music playing and found 3 American girls playing top quality folk music sponsored by the US Embassy. You’ll have learnt my love of live music and in particular singer songwriters and folk musicians so this seemed a lot better way to spend half an hour thank trekking around the garden in the heat! Harpeth Rising are well worth looking out for. 

Next was a drive encompassing Orchard Road, Little Indian etc and a walk around the new Victoria Theatre Complex. Then it was off to Chinatown for last minute shopping. 

Dropped at Terminal 3 we made our way to Terminal 1 and managed to get early check in and bag drop ( after some weight issues - how does the same stuff weigh more?). Quickly through security and some duty free shopping. 

Knowing we had had a long wait we have booked a lounge for 6 hours which is very nice. 

Thanks everyone for the the kind words and support I hope I haven’t bored you too much with my ramblings. 

That’s all Folks!! 

96FF000F-7A6E-46BA-BF67-4CC25B3AC891.jpeg

AE8769EE-E2C4-48DC-BD28-DE908028F517.jpeg

C19A80F0-718B-4035-87F0-DCC5A91FA2C7.jpeg

75D6097E-36C6-4AF0-A210-1EC7C8F2DE8A.jpeg

3EB8CAA7-B22C-4AF8-A744-6B94092CB487.jpeg

5C4DA6AC-8D27-430B-A221-786D05E2A3AE.jpeg

3CD8FAA5-4A02-475C-8BDA-24A60FE4221E.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, villauk said:

We sailed this itinerary over the Christmas period and thoroughly enjoyed it, so much so that we did say it was one we would repeat in the future. Hope you’ve got a FV, best place to be 😉?

Of course, we have an FV!

Alushar,

What was the state of the lounge area like at the airport in Singapore? We thought the Qatar Business Class Lounge at Changi had furniture which was very stained and the area wasn’t the best we’d experienced - quite a disappointment compared to other lounges we’d visited. Wondered if your experience was any better?

1 hour ago, villauk said:

Alushar,

What was the state of the lounge area like at the airport in Singapore? We thought the Qatar Business Class Lounge at Changi had furniture which was very stained and the area wasn’t the best we’d experienced - quite a disappointment compared to other lounges we’d visited. Wondered if your experience was any better?

We are in the Dnata and quite happy with it. The seating is nice and doesn’t appear stained some of the wood is chipped slightly but you have to look for it. 

The food is good and has been changed whilst we are here and there’s a decent drink choice. 

There are great shower facilities. 

We would definitely use again 

C43C3F4E-854B-428A-8997-0CA42B2BB3FA.jpeg

EDC86B24-CF0D-43E8-99A0-28142E965ABB.jpeg

A43E50B0-823C-4351-BDAB-4C417947520C.jpeg

F1898249-9591-4C54-B847-3C32D2231B72.jpeg

F1904253-8E9E-4640-B416-ACF43B7D56BA.jpeg

E48CF38F-4766-4F4D-BE3F-4B9D8B3D4A1C.jpeg

A893A037-4A54-42AC-B989-8A346E6F3099.jpeg

• Thanks 1

For those interested my stuff from Sam’s Tailors in Hong Kong has arrived (actually it had been with a neighbour for “a few days”).

I’m really happy with the blazer and 2 trousers. It was quite an amazing feeling as they fit completely. First time I’ve probably had a jacket that fits shoulders, arms, back, length and the dreaded tummy! 

Looks great and feel great on. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alushar said:

For those interested my stuff from Sam’s Tailors in Hong Kong has arrived (actually it had been with a neighbour for “a few days”).

I’m really happy with the blazer and 2 trousers. It was quite an amazing feeling as they fit completely. First time I’ve probably had a jacket that fits shoulders, arms, back, length and the dreaded tummy! 

Looks great and feel great on. 

Get out that camera, you need to model for us.😀

• 2 months later...