Live(ish) Millie HK to Singapore

Alushar

15 minutes ago, Alushar said:

I really think I’ve enetered the Twilight Zone we had dinner at 7:30ish seated in a 2 straight away finished at about 9:10 walked through Martini Bar, empty, and Rendevous Lounge, empty to go the theatre. Left theatre 10:15 went to Cosmos. Empty. Where is everyone! Is this a dream! 

CCCCA999-992E-4D1D-BE93-DC3CCF3B97BC.jpeg

17C60822-6F1E-438A-A608-5413D700F88C.jpeg

Is everyone jet lagged?  Or you truly are in the “Twilight Zone “. Lol

• Like 1

Alushar! Thank you, thank you for the pictures of the locker room area and, specifically, the sauna. So happy that you were able to do that relatively painlessly!

Twilight Zone! I've had that happen on a ship before. In my case, it was a first time trip to Alaska. I think everyone was just exhausted from their shore excursions. The whole ship seemed to have gone to sleep around 9:00pm. I wandered around by myself, startling the crew. 

• Like 2

Thanks so much for your live review, Alushar. I’m enjoying your posts and photos very much. We sailed Millie on our first cruise, in 2006, and we’re booked on her for a future b2b to Japan. We’ll be in a Veranda cabin, so your posts about your cabin (and your lovely photos) are very welcome indeed. Thanks for answering the, “will my iPad fit in the safe” question that has been debated on several threads. Thanks to you, I know my iPad Pro will fit nicely. 

Edited by Silkroad
  • Like 1

Day 3 cont HK imigation dlne and then Muster in the Rendevous Bar. I did sacrifice my seat! Though I don’t understand how people with lots of. Those experience turn up to muster one minute before expecting a seat! ( that’s ignoring the lady who pronounced that she was in a suite so why hadn’t they kept her a seat).

We went to Sunset Bar for sailaway where a decent group from the CC Roll Call gathered. 

Have to say that the singer guitarist who played in Cafe Bacio, and was just right for that environment and the guitarist singer who played in the Sunset Bar were good. 

We decided to eat earlyish to catch the late show. The MDR was fab looked really good I thought we were going to be given a dalek seat but we stopped one row before. The food was great We both, as is a tradition for us, had French onion soup, I then had trout, Sharon the Mediterranean Seafood orzo, followed by ice cream and creme brûlée. We sat next to a lovely Aussie couple, Terry and June if you can believe it, so stayed chatting longer than intended with a couple of glasses of Malbec not intended. 

The show was Sons of Mowtown which is what it says on the tin we had seen them before and they were good. I liked the trays in the theatre. 

During the show it came out that the ships dymamics were  600 US, 400 Canadian and 400 UK. That left about 600 from 45 over countries.  

We left the show just before last song to try to get a seat in Cosmos Lounge. It was empty! However 15 mins later they announced a Beatles quiz and 5 mins later it was full. The Quiz was fun and was followed by the House Band Bristol Fashion who got the crowd dancing. It was good to see I’m not the only exponent of Daddy Dancing on the ship infarction there were some experts. 

Midnight and time to crash 

29077890-4484-4201-894B-9EEAADAE5C81.jpeg

ABA89C91-9115-40DE-BFA2-AA04329535E7.jpeg

63E6325D-ED8F-4778-8348-1927908AA6BD.jpeg

4803E5CD-E32A-46E8-98FD-46E7AF298348.jpeg

4A796028-F132-4E01-9DB1-1E3C84BAC268.jpeg

2DB85E7A-CEF0-4FC6-9388-7F454466C1F9.jpeg

099FDD28-3227-466E-A07E-75228DF3CE3D.jpeg

0745BAD5-8457-443F-BE0F-7D2ED8900170.jpeg

02330B16-BBF8-43F4-A772-45BEE2EC19DE.jpeg

12B434B9-72BD-4C47-B5AE-6F6C9DDC4E48.jpeg

B2499565-1491-4E30-B8E7-604208FEEAB3.jpeg

6DFF1716-B1D4-4B85-9569-D2A7228D53AA.jpeg

BB0F7F24-75BA-4D9C-9C34-1356DED15369.jpeg

FE05B277-7912-4E50-8BC5-FDDDB644A068.jpeg

Edited by Alushar
  • Like 1

Thank you SO MUCH for posting pics of the new sauna.  Very glad they didn't take that away from M-class ships and looks like they did a great job.  I'm kind of curious about what they did with carpeting in the stairwells and common areas to match up with the decor of the atrium area (since decor remains unchanged in the martini bar and cafe al bacio etc).  The last time we were on Summit (a year and a half ago), the soft furnishings and upholstery in both of those areas was filthy and ridiculously worn.  Even the drapes were a mess.  Hopefully they will re-upholster all the chairs etc. in these areas even if the decor remains the same - does the upholstery look new on the Millie in these areas??

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this. I am very much enjoying the pics. Following this thread.

Just out of curiosity, I am assuming you are posting this using the ship's wifi, how is it? We will have it on our next trip and haven't had it before. We opted for it in Asia as some sites are blocked such as Google and social media sites and we wanted to be able to upload pics. I have heard mixed reviews.

2 hours ago, helen haywood said:

Is it possible that an awning could yet be put up at the Sunset Bar?  Either a finishing touch not yet done...or a realization that some shelter would be a good thing...

I think as time goes on changes will occur in the future when the realization and feedback comes in on a number of issues.  Unfortunately it won't happen for cruisers booked on the sailings after the drydock.   

They took out the canopy above the balcony for the S1's 6145 and 6146 attached to the Penthouse.  No shade or privacy and we're booked in one March 30.  

6 hours ago, Toronto Guy said:

Thank you SO MUCH for posting pics of the new sauna.  Very glad they didn't take that away from M-class ships and looks like they did a great job.  I'm kind of curious about what they did with carpeting in the stairwells and common areas to match up with the decor of the atrium area (since decor remains unchanged in the martini bar and cafe al bacio etc).  The last time we were on Summit (a year and a half ago), the soft furnishings and upholstery in both of those areas was filthy and ridiculously worn.  Even the drapes were a mess.  Hopefully they will re-upholster all the chairs etc. in these areas even if the decor remains the same - does the upholstery look new on the Millie in these areas??

It looks like all the flooring and carpeting is new and much of the furnishings. For the Martini Bar and Cafe Bacio the furniture seems new whilst the same so they may well have been upholstered. On the S Class ships the white chairs in the Martini the sides are smooth but her they are furry. It’s impossible to sit in them without stroking them 😂

The stairwells are all new. 

Ive been thinking of the flow and it’s almost like there isn’t one each area has separate colours and Chair types even the 2 halves of the Oceanview 

172E5970-73F7-4D90-A8FB-51F8429F04C1.jpeg

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, txflood33 said:

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this. I am very much enjoying the pics. Following this thread.

Just out of curiosity, I am assuming you are posting this using the ship's wifi, how is it? We will have it on our next trip and haven't had it before. We opted for it in Asia as some sites are blocked such as Google and social media sites and we wanted to be able to upload pics. I have heard mixed reviews.

Yes to ships WiFi and I’m not having any real problems. When I post pics they take a minute each to load and maybe one in five fails and has to be reloaded. 

• Like 1

On 2/16/2019 at 11:36 PM, tomservo said:

Does the couch pull out? Also could you try to find out what the plan is for Qsine? Will they eventually switch over to LPC, or will they offer both menus? Thanks in advance!

The large seat, it can’t be called a couch does pull out. 

BE715459-0E8D-49EE-928C-552A6E9DCC55.jpeg

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Alushar said:

On the S Class ships the white chairs in the Martini the sides are smooth but her they are furry. It’s impossible to sit in them without stroking them 😂

Seated in a furry chair aboard a beautiful ship, while sipping a perfect cocktail. Ahhhh that is the life for me. Can’t wait😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Day 3 A Sea Day!

Firstly reviewing the day I have to say it never felt crowded and that there were seats in all areas whenever we tried. It wasn’t a very warm day so most people were inside. 

After breakfast in the Ocean View it was off to the CC Connections Meeting. I got the timing a bit wrong so we turned up late so didn’t stay to long. There was a really good turn out but the only officer I saw when we were there was the CD who was doing a good job getting around people. 

Our Roll Call had been very active with one kind soul arsangong trips at all ports. He said he ended up dealing with 60 people and it was a lot more work than he anticipated but that he was happy. A lot of arrangements were taking place. 

After the meeting we wandered into a into a meditation session in the Rendevous Bar luckily this was just ending or I’d have been out for the day!

This was followed by trivia which we missed out on the leader tie break by one answer. You know when you know the answer and you persuade yourself otherwise and then you go back and then you again persuade yourself. Yes one of those. I’d have got the tie break wrong anyway! What is the largest ship in the Celebrity fleet? 

A day spent reading and talking before dinner which was an evening chic night. I always approach evening chic with trepidation. I like wearing a tux but increasingly few do and I know I should go with what I’m happy with. Baggage limits meant I left tux behind and I immediately regretted this but went with shirt, tie and sports coat. 

There were a smattering of tuxes, a smattering of suits, a good proportion in shirts and ties with or without jackets but also a good proportion in open collar and polo shirts. I’ll still be taking my tux next time! 

We got dinner timing wrong so we turned up at 7:50 and were given a buzzer. We only waited under 5 minutes though. 

Dinner was nice I had a lovely wild mushroom volvent and Sharon couldn’t resist the French Onion soup! We both had beef Tournade for mains which was delicious. After we’re chess and biscuits and apple crumble. Not together!

We finished dinner to late for Theatre so headed to The Cosmos Bar were there was a bandeoke session, karaoke with the live band. So you know how karaoke goes the good, the ok, the bad and the ugly. Well we a coupe okes, a few bad and some downright uglies which were so bad they were good. Fair play to them they had more guts than me to get up and everyone was singing and dancing and it was a great night. 

A midnight stop at Cafe Bacio for a night cap and time for bed. 

FBB963BA-1A02-4AA7-93A3-96208E0AE909.jpeg

ACC1BB34-05A4-44E6-9C1B-1086205B796F.jpeg

C5399F12-A1F5-4D3D-84AE-0F278BE1E2B2.jpeg

DEDACB3A-02DD-4EF8-9C1C-84BFDDE082CF.jpeg

36F6F652-3D25-4069-A74D-6E6D6A7CD917.jpeg

• Like 2