What’s going on with March Navigator sailings?

In light of the 2/24 cancellation, it is worrisome to see that there are no Navigator sailings listed on RC's website.  I know this could be b/c they are sold out but it has me thinking.  Anyone on a march cruise hear anything from RC? It has me a little scared for our 4/12 sailing. 

On Royal's travel agent site 2 of the March sailings are marked as "closed".  When I searched for available staterooms all categories were "closed" on all March sailings.

However the 2/24 sailing that was canceled is also marked "closed" instead of "canceled". I searched for another canceled sailing (Oasis 3/31) and it is not in the system. It will be interesting to see what happens.

At the end of December the March 1st sailing was showing as sold out except a few balcony rooms, then when I checked about 2 weeks ago the sailing was gone. 

I also noticed Feb 24th + March 15th were showing sold out except a few rooms, then noticed these two cruises went off the website. I'm assuming and hoping they're gone because they are sold out. 

I checked a few UK travel agent websites the other day and all sailings were showing but as sold out. 

I'm due on the March 1st sailing and spoke to Royal yesterday who said the March 1st sailing is going ahead... I'm praying it does happen as we're coming from the UK. 

5 minutes ago, Wonder18 said:

How do you find out if your March 15 sailing  is canceled. Travelling from Nova Scotia Canada would like to know early

Unfortunately it's a waiting game. 

The Feb 24th cruisers found out they were cancelled yesterday, 11 days from sailing. I'm on the March 1st sailing and won't rest easy until March 1st and me being on Navigator! 

3/24 is a charter. (Zoomba Cruise)   I highly doubt they would miss a charter and give up that cash cow.  It might not be finished but Navigator will begin sailing in March, at some point prior to that charter.    In April you should be fine.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, twangster said:

3/24 is a charter. (Zoomba Cruise)   I highly doubt they would miss a charter and give up that cash cow.  It might not be finished but Navigator will begin sailing in March, at some point prior to that charter.    In April you should be fine.

Pretty sure 10th March is also a charter.

5 minutes ago, CazV said:

Pretty sure 10th March is also a charter.

I think you're right that March 10th is a charter.

I've just looked on the RCI website, there's lots of cruises now not showing up. Our plan B was a cruise on Adventure, that has now gone off the website and so has another one we were looking at on a different ship. 

The few cruises with space available have upped the price dramatically from now until the end of March. 

4 hours ago, GalwayGirl03 said:

In light of the 2/24 cancellation, it is worrisome to see that there are no Navigator sailings listed on RC's website.  I know this could be b/c they are sold out but it has me thinking.  Anyone on a march cruise hear anything from RC? It has me a little scared for our 4/12 sailing. 

March 10th is an adult only charter cruise.

March 15th is sold out. (we're on this one)

March 24th is Zumba charter cruise.

This is all information I've gathered from cc boards.

Try not to stress yet. ;-)

3 hours ago, EmilyJay said:

Unfortunately it's a waiting game. 

The Feb 24th cruisers found out they were cancelled yesterday, 11 days from sailing. I'm on the March 1st sailing and won't rest easy until March 1st and me being on Navigator! 

Fingers crossed for you!

• Like 1

I'm on March 15th which has been sold out for a while. However they are pushing the Royal up. So they must be trying to make room for the guarantees and have some suites available where they hope they can get more money. And like mentioned before the 5 day cruises before and after are charters.

March 15, which we're on has been sold out for a while as others have said.  It is extremely costly for RCI to cancel an entire cruise, so I have full confidence they are doing everything they can to hit the March dates.

I'm pretty confident...  I think😉 LOL

Dan

Edited by The Fun Researcher

47 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

March 15, which we're on has been sold out for a while as others have said.  It is extremely costly for RCI to cancel an entire cruise, so I have full confidence they are doing everything they can to hit the March dates.

I'm pretty confident...  I think😉 LOL

Dan

Let's hope they don't cancel any more sailings!

7 hours ago, Wonder18 said:

How do you find out if your March 15 sailing  is canceled. Travelling from Nova Scotia Canada would like to know early

I found out about the Feb 24 cancelation on Feb 13.  It is too complicated for me to cancel my flight and I am on Mariner from 18-24.  I decided to stay in Fort Lauderdale for the last 5 days of my vacation.  

GOOD LUCK.  I hope you are not impacted.

8 hours ago, Grenouille21 said:

On Royal's travel agent site 2 of the March sailings are marked as "closed".  When I searched for available staterooms all categories were "closed" on all March sailings.

However the 2/24 sailing that was canceled is also marked "closed" instead of "canceled". I searched for another canceled sailing (Oasis 3/31) and it is not in the system. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Could you look on the travel agent website and see what they say for the May 27th cruise?  I am looking at one for my sister and there was availability 3 days ago for  a 4 person room.  Now there is not availability from Inside to Suite.  

8 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

By the way, the title of this thread is misleading and potentially alarming to those that are just browsing through the forum.

Is there a way to change it so something more reasonable, like

"Are March Navigator sailings still on?"

Dan

Completely agree. My initial reaction was that someone was breaking the news that all of the sailings were cancelled.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

By the way, the title of this thread is misleading and potentially alarming to those that are just browsing through the forum.

Is there a way to change it so something more reasonable, like

"Are March Navigator sailings still on?"

Dan

Agree, but gets your attention 

1 hour ago, irishgal432 said:

Could you look on the travel agent website and see what they say for the May 27th cruise?  I am looking at one for my sister and there was availability 3 days ago for  a 4 person room.  Now there is not availability from Inside to Suite.  

There do not seem to be 4 person rooms available, and I don't see connecting rooms available, either.  You could do 2 rooms next to each other, but not connecting.