Summit Revolution

Jim_Iain

The balcony chairs look nice. I'm not sure if the table is high enough or large enough, for that matter, to eat breakfast off of, but we'll give it a try. I'm glad to see that the desk chairs have come in.

Edited by Hatteras51

2 hours ago, MizDemeanor said:

We headed up to Sushi in 5 for lunch and found the common areas along the way to be just beautiful!

Thanks for all the great photos you've been posting.  The ship looks beautiful; can't wait to see for ourselves in September.  Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1

Thank you one and all for the pictures.  Public areas look wonderful and fresh.   Still miss the coffee table in the room.  Can anyone advise if there is some sort of shelf in CC shower for our own soaps, shampoo,  etc.?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Luv2Crus40 said:

Thank you one and all for the pictures.  Public areas look wonderful and fresh.   Still miss the coffee table in the room.  Can anyone advise if there is some sort of shelf in CC shower for our own soaps, shampoo,  etc.?

Not that I see in our particular

cabin, but easy enough to remove the items that are there and put yours in their place. 

1 hour ago, Hatteras51 said:

The balcony chairs look nice. I'm not sure if the table is high enough or large enough, for that matter, to eat breakfast off of, but we'll give it a try. I'm glad to see that the desk chairs have come in.

It’s really good for a cup of coffee or a cocktail or a bagel or muffin thing. For a breakfast tray with eggs for example it will be at some level of inconvenience I suspect. 

4 hours ago, MizDemeanor said:

7f9d02470005b1454b70404501e926f8.jpg

Speaking about the shower shelf issue.  If you want to use your own products, it appears these can just be removed and replaced with your own personal ones?  Stick these under the sink or ask the cabin steward to take them away?  At least in Aqua Class it seems.

• Like 1

Wanted to mention for fun facts, that the wood and stain and marine grade varnish railing have been replaced with a material that is quite lovely and much less work intensive and one that will look better over time. It’s like trex deck material. I really do like it although this photo may not do it justice, it will always look fresh and cared for. 35dadc21758df6f5285bb21d7e2c291e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Blue_Flame said:

Overall, my impression of AQ 1140 is that it’s bright and spacious. AQ (and Concierge) have more square footage than Veranda , but it seems there is no added “furnishings” compared with pictures I have seen of Veranda cabins. So just more “elbow room.”  

Here is the view outward from the deck of 1140 now. 

902B620A-3946-41AD-A69D-9226DD54DA81.jpeg

Thank you so much for the picture of cabin 1140. That will be my cabin in 35 days. The whole ship looks really nice.

Edited by Laurab23
added more

I’m an organizer and love storage bins. I brought the overbed collapsible bins used on S-class (in case I found a use). Using one by the closet for beach gear and the other on the desk for paperwork. I could have used one more of the smaller ones on the corner shelves by the desk. The smaller cubes (6”) could also work in the glass door cabinets if you have smaller items to contain. 

The closet has lots of storage and even a couple of low shelves we haven’t used...they are pretty deep. 

8C8E8B16-6630-4CE6-B7D0-4AA33CC180E7.jpeg

31E2ADE9-E7C4-417B-8B86-5A332408D616.jpeg

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Blue_Flame said:

I’m an organizer and love storage bins. I brought the overbed collapsible bins used on S-class (in case I found a use). Using one by the closet for beach gear and the other on the desk for paperwork. I could have used one more of the smaller ones on the corner shelves by the desk. The smaller cubes (6”) could also work in the glass door cabinets if you have smaller items to contain. 

The closet has lots of storage and even a couple of low shelves we haven’t used...they are pretty deep. 

8C8E8B16-6630-4CE6-B7D0-4AA33CC180E7.jpeg

31E2ADE9-E7C4-417B-8B86-5A332408D616.jpeg

That's a clever idea!  I love having a place for everything and I never would have thought of bringing collapsible bins!

I love all of the great idea I get on CruiseCritic!

2 hours ago, MizDemeanor said:

Wanted to mention for fun facts, that the wood and stain and marine grade varnish railing have been replaced with a material that is quite lovely and much less work intensive and one that will look better over time. It’s like trex deck material. I really do like it although this photo may not do it justice, it will always look fresh and cared for. 35dadc21758df6f5285bb21d7e2c291e.jpg

Excellent material for your deck or even fence at home.  Wash it occasionally and your work is done.

Love mine!  👍

Hello Peoples!

Does anyone have photographs of the new Aft-Facing Handicap Accessible Cabins?  There is one on deck 7-9?

We will be sailing with our best friend to Bermuda the end of the summer.

Cabins are important to me because I tire easily.  I generally spend part of the afternoon “at home”.  Hubs goes off with our friend for longer excursions.

Are the canopies still extended over the balcony.  My skin is sun sensitive from 12 years living in the tropical sunshine.  This would extend my use of an already fabulous balcony......besides a wee bit of privacy from above.

Any photos or comments will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!  😃

1 hour ago, Donut23 said:

Hello Peoples!

Does anyone have photographs of the new Aft-Facing Handicap Accessible Cabins?  There is one on deck 7-9?

We will be sailing with our best friend to Bermuda the end of the summer.

Cabins are important to me because I tire easily.  I generally spend part of the afternoon “at home”.  Hubs goes off with our friend for longer excursions.

Are the canopies still extended over the balcony.  My skin is sun sensitive from 12 years living in the tropical sunshine.  This would extend my use of an already fabulous balcony......besides a wee bit of privacy from above.

Any photos or comments will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!  😃

Just got off the Summit. I can tell you they did indeed keep the canopies over all the AFT Cabins. I do not have any pictures though. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Want2Cruise 701 said:

Just got off the Summit. I can tell you they did indeed keep the canopies over all the AFT Cabins. I do not have any pictures though. 

Oh you just made my night!  Thank you so much!

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

18 hours ago, Blue_Flame said:

We also just boarded in AQ 1140. We have stayed in this cabin before. 

The shower has changed. No more jets. The shower door opens inward. I haven’t turned it on yet, but that seems awkward in that small space. The bathroom is beautiful. A “night light” stays on down at floor level. 

The permanent hook in the living space (where I would hang my purse) is gone. I didn’t follow through and purchase a heavy duty hook to bring but I will before my next cruise. 

image.jpg

I'm not liking that shower head. I wonder if I can ask them to change it to the hard jet one.

20 hours ago, MizDemeanor said:

Yes we enjoyed it very much, it was just us, no one else in the venue. They did offer the 20% off today and we were told that for the flat fee of $30.00 per person we can eat there when ever they are open. They open at 2 on port days. Now that might be the deal of the day! Everything was fabulous and the service was exceptional.

Could you elaborate on this, please? I was under the impression Son5 was an a la carte venue - is the $30 charge for one meal or for the cruise duration?

4 minutes ago, wpgcycler said:

Could you elaborate on this, please? I was under the impression Son5 was an a la carte venue - is the $30 charge for one meal or for the cruise duration?

I did some looking into this as well.  It appears, if you eat at Son5 and pay the a la carte price, they'll offer you the $30pp deal to RETURN.  It's also been posted people have randomly been offered it by staff while in the buffet or other places around the ship to entice people into eating there.  But they do not seem to have the $30pp deal on formal offer where you can just walk in and ask for it.

I think I remember that if you ate there with the dining package you could eat up to $30 worth of food per person.  All times we have been there we never reached that $ amount.  The last time we decided not to use Sushi on Five as part of the dining package  and asked and received a 20% discount  so we thought we got a good deal.  It is very good but does not seem to ever be busy on many ships(although one night on Edge in February for dinner it was pretty full but that is called by another name and the menu is more diverse).

On the Summit cruise coming up in a few weeks we did not do a dining package because the choices are few(not a Qsine fan and we do Sushi on Five w/o the package).  Wish Murano was on more ships.

14 minutes ago, jchipgcs said:

I did some looking into this as well.  It appears, if you eat at Son5 and pay the a la carte price, they'll offer you the $30pp deal to RETURN.  It's also been posted people have randomly been offered it by staff while in the buffet or other places around the ship to entice people into eating there.  But they do not seem to have the $30pp deal on formal offer where you can just walk in and ask for it.

And to be clear, is that $30 to return once?

42 minutes ago, dazey said:

On the Summit cruise coming up in a few weeks we did not do a dining package because the choices are few(not a Qsine fan and we do Sushi on Five w/o the package).  Wish Murano was on more ships.

We'll be on the Summit in September and don't expect to do much specialty dining either, though we'll give Tuscan Grille another try.  (On other ships, it's been both great and mediocre.) We do enjoy Sushi on Five and, as you said, no package needed.  I wish the Lawn Club Grill were on more ships!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, jchipgcs said:

I can't personally say.  But that's how I read MizDemeanor's post about it too.  

It was our impression that it would be for the duration of our cruise any time we wanted. I’ll get clarity on that. 

• Thanks 1