Summit Revolution

Jim_Iain

3 hours ago, hcat said:

Just want to confirm  that there is no longer a  free dry sauna in ladies changing rm anymore?

Issue came up on another thread...and I recalled they were removed..How sad esp because there are no windows at all in the M Class Persian Garden area, and the  free ones had a nice view to the sea.

I did respond on the thread that you mention.

The fact is that, yes, there is still a dry sauna in the changing room on Deck 10. It's not the wonderful sauna that you would be used to as it is fully enclosed in an interior space, without the fabulous porthole views that we enjoyed, previously. But, the word should be out that there is still a dry sauna (infrared) available for free use.

• Like 2

On 6/6/2019 at 7:51 AM, D C said:

It's these little maintenance things that disappoint me, especially after a refurbishment (though I would pay handsomely for a room that got cold enough for my liking).  

Not sure if it is the same in all rooms but I found that in our room 9077 the controls were very responsive and really did a good job of cooling the room down.   In fact the first night it was too cold and had to get up in the middle of the night to tweak up a bit.

One thing I noticed is that the new Duvet's are thicker than than old one and thus warmer.

• Like 1

On 6/6/2019 at 8:55 AM, RodPat said:

To tell the truth the large chair was alright.  I think it didn't matter because there was no coffee table to put anything on and I really didn't mind sitting on the desk chair.  Actually if you are both thin you might just fit on the chair together.  Unfortunately my husband and I are fluffy so the two different chairs worked.

Pat

I thought the 1/2 sofa was a little weird when I first saw it but grew use to it.   We brought the coffee table in from the deck and it worked well for a combination foot stool, serving table etc.   We ended up never really using the 1/2 sofa except to set out clothing. 

I can tell you that having never sailed AQ before that I was impressed with both the room and service and sure we will do it again in the future.

• Like 1

On 6/16/2019 at 1:42 PM, rubens said:

It's a dimmer for public announcements

Does it work?    I've seen it since the M-Class first came out and never noticed that turning it did anything.   I was just off Summit.    About the only announcements you hear in your room was an occasional Star Code and when paging certain passengers to come to the front desk.

On 6/18/2019 at 7:51 AM, Member123 said:

Just disembarked the Summit from the 5 June sailing. We had a different itinerary than Pat. We went to Newport, Portland, Bar Harbor, Boston, Bermuda.... Bayonne. Disembarking was exceptionally fast, and the facial recognition system was in place. Stand on the line, look at a camera, get a green light, and GO. Super easy. Our luggage tag was number 12 and we were at EWR by 9:45am. 

There were three different transportation options: shared shuttles from Celebrity, Uber zones that were clearly mentioned and marked and had a lot of people using, and a walk to a taxi dispatch office. I was told that the Uber cost to the airport was about $35. We just used a taxi and were fortunate enough to share with a lovely couple that we bumped into on the way. Our taxi was quoted as $65 plus tolls and when we arrived at the airport we were asked for $69. Worked out well, for us. Don't know where you car will be parked? I always envy those who can just jump into their car and drive home!

For those considering Uber.   We used it from Port Liberty to EWR.    It took 8 minutes for the driver to arrive and cost including tip, tolls etc the cost came to $18.69

5 hours ago, hcat said:

Just want to confirm  that there is no longer a  free dry sauna in ladies changing rm anymore?

Issue came up on another thread...and I recalled they were removed..How sad esp because there are no windows at all in the M Class Persian Garden area, and the  free ones had a nice view to the sea.

Are there still showers and such in those much-smaller bathrooms?  It looks like they're less than half the size they used to be. 

3 hours ago, Member123 said:

I did respond on the thread that you mention.

The fact is that, yes, there is still a dry sauna in the changing room on Deck 10. It's not the wonderful sauna that you would be used to as it is fully enclosed in an interior space, without the fabulous porthole views that we enjoyed, previously. But, the word should be out that there is still a dry sauna (infrared) available for free use.

Read the description on the other thread...We'll pass.  Downsizing Celebrity style!

On 6/30/2019 at 1:37 PM, hcat said:

Read the description on the other thread...We'll pass.  Downsizing Celebrity style!

True, but compared to other lines that don't have an included facility at least they left the saunas.

Sometimes the glass is 1/2 full...

• Like 2