Least Busy Lunch on Embarkation Day

deanman02

What will be the least busy lunch spot on the Horizon  on embarkation day?  We will do our serious eating later so we would prefer a low key lunch. If the time is important please let me know. Many thanks in advance!

I'd say to go to lunch at Cucina (Captain's Pasta Bar, which is really good) or Jiji's (Mongolian Wok, good but I personally prefer Cucina lunch).  Many people do not know about this included lunch, therefore it is not crowded like the madness of Lido Marketplace.  These places are open from 12-2:30.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ddloml said:

On Horizon a couple of weeks ago, we went to the Pig & Anchor BBQ on deck 5.  It’s free at lunch time and only open during embarkation and sea days.

I would recommend Pig & Anchor BBQ as well. It’s something different. It’s not bad; and there is no charge for something you would ordinarily pay extra for.

• 2 weeks later...

We went to Cucina and Jiji. We started at Jiji, but 3 of the 5 of us wanted the other, so they went to Cucina to order and brought it back to eat at Jiji. We were there about 12:30 and there were lots of tables at both. After lunch we wandered down to the lido buffet to grab dessert and it was PACKED. 

11 hours ago, BENHANDEL said:

We went to Cucina and Jiji. We started at Jiji, but 3 of the 5 of us wanted the other, so they went to Cucina to order and brought it back to eat at Jiji. We were there about 12:30 and there were lots of tables at both. After lunch we wandered down to the lido buffet to grab dessert and it was PACKED. 

So there was no issue with having food from one in the other? We didn't go to either on our last cruise so I cannot picture them but in my head it seemed like you would have to pick one versus the other. One of my kiddos would love to do Cucina while the rest of us did JiJis

We did the P&A BBQ on embarkation on our Horizon cruise.  Mediocre, IMO.  Seating can be as issue as tables get scarce, but line is maybe one or two people.   Pasta bar would be preference for most, assuming you can work your way through the Lido to the stairs or a forward elevator.  Jiji's is better for dinner.

On 2/15/2019 at 9:19 PM, deanman02 said:

What will be the least busy lunch spot on the Horizon  on embarkation day?  We will do our serious eating later so we would prefer a low key lunch. If the time is important please let me know. Many thanks in advance!

I have never seen a low key embarkation day.  LOL.  It's usually busy to mayhem.  Following to see other comments.  

2 hours ago, Erikup said:

So there was no issue with having food from one in the other? We didn't go to either on our last cruise so I cannot picture them but in my head it seemed like you would have to pick one versus the other. One of my kiddos would love to do Cucina while the rest of us did JiJis

You can carry food from anywhere to anywhere else on the ship.  Want to have a Guy's burger and Mongolian Wok, just carry your burger up there and grab everything else you want.  Especially at lunch time, there are no restrictions about carrying food around.

On 2/25/2019 at 6:35 AM, Erikup said:

We didnt really ask...but no one stopped us. We all sat at a table at Jiji, intending to order. When 3 in our group weren't feelin' it, they went across to cucina to order. One of the three waited for the order and joined the rest. 

For the record....although 3 of our group passed on Jiji noodles for lunch....all 5 of us agreed the Jiji for dinner was the best meal of the entire trip!