Am I the only one that did not know this after 20 cruises?!

Bookbug53

I just figured this out on the Magic in August... My 10th Carnival cruise. I opened all 3 closets & almost no shelves to be seen. I knew that couldn't be right. So I investigated & figured this system out & made us some shelves lol

• Like 1

I've never felt the need for 3 full hanging closets, but we have adjusted the shelves.  Since we usually travel with backpacks, it was nicer having the top shelf raised up to give a taller area to the next shelf below it.  Not to mention, it's nearly impossible to see what's on the top shelf when you're only 5'5" anyway.

• Like 3

Great tip - hopefully the guy that took the time to post it on Utube doesn't read CC.  Of course, if he's a regular he will hopefully understand that there are some people on here who just can't resist giving someone a jab. 

On 2/16/2019 at 9:59 AM, missholly24 said:

Well I never.....lol. I wonder if this is every ship??? That lower bar is silly. This guy is great (except for his exceptionally long nails, I can't handle it).

If I remember correctly, on some ships the safe is in one of the closets,  so not on every ship. 

• Like 1

On 2/16/2019 at 1:48 PM, Erikup said:

I must be in the minority because I'd rather have more shelving as a "hack" than more hanging space. Especially to help separate each cruiser's stuff.

In the reverse, it is a hack for more shelving.  We discovered the shelves were hinged on our first Pride cruise and kept one closet as hanging but removed the rod and released/let down the shelves for more flat surfaces.