Live from Oasis - February 17, 2019. 199 things I look forward to on a cruise.

John&LaLa

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Apparently the SL coffee machine got turned off.� The DL is still on. ?

Battery at 8%, its midnight, I'm done.��

Private Stock pics tomorow.�

You're doing great. Don't be discouraged by the lack of likes / broken like buttons. We like it.  You will hit your goal!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

#52 The sand artist. Absolutely mesmerizing 

I agree! This one should count for two. 

The drones on Symphony are very cool, but I vote for the sand artist. 

mac_tlc

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, KmomChicago said:

You're doing great. Don't be discouraged by the lack of likes / broken like buttons. We like it.  You will hit your goal!

I'm not worried about likes, and it seems to be back for me.  It does look a little different. 

199 might just be to lofty.  I did pull that number out of my ass.😉

Actually saw CD for first time last night.

Mike from Australia. Typical CD

20190219_224412.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

It comes down to: is it the big stuff, or the small stuff? Because the small stuff comes in small parcels of time and space, in moments, and bites, and steps.  There are 199 beautiful views to be had on your cruise. There are 199 wonderful tastes, 199 smiles, 199 good feelings, 199 nice passengers and 199 nice crew to say "Hello!" to.

You could number thousands of small bits of happiness on any cruise, depending on how you count.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I still remember the sand artist our 2011 Oasis trip.  I was in awe.

The skating ducks are a bit creepy- need to get that image out of my head!

I think you should add the towel animals back in.  Who doesn’t smile when they get back to their room and sees their sunglasses used as a prop for a cute towel animal?

OK. Nobody answer that last one.  I don’t want to hi-jack John’s thread discussing towel animals. 

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

#52 The sand artist. Absolutely mesmerizing 

Ice show is good but...eh...have seen it too many times.  Sand artist...always a huge treat...love it!  She changes the theme at least.  🙂 

Edited by island lady
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, island lady said:

Ice show is good but...eh...have seen it too many times.  Sand artist...always a huge treat...love it!  She changes the theme at least.  🙂 

I thought she only did Princess and the Pea.  A guy does the Tin Soldier. He fills in for her

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KmomChicago said:

It comes down to: is it the big stuff, or the small stuff? Because the small stuff comes in small parcels of time and space, in moments, and bites, and steps.  There are 199 beautiful views to be had on your cruise. There are 199 wonderful tastes, 199 smiles, 199 good feelings, 199 nice passengers and 199 nice crew to say "Hello!" to.

You could number thousands of small bits of happiness on any cruise, depending on how you count.

Absolutely,  I dont think we would cruise if it wasn't for all the little Joy's.  

20190220_064533.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I thought she only did Princess and the Pea.  A guy does the Tin Soldier. He fills in for her

I think it was before Oasis came to PC, it was a woman, but can't remember the story line.   When we saw Princess and the pea it was a different story line, but we had not been to ice show in awhile.  Have not seen the Tin Soldier, would love to see that one too.  Guess I just assumed she changed it up.  😮 

33 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I didn't realize there were different sand art scenes, very cool!  When I was on Oasis in September, it was apparently said guy doing the Tin Soldier...I was amazed, IMO best part of the show.

Love this thread, keep 'em coming!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

#46 Chocolate Mousse in Florentine Basket.  

Similar to a Captains Table or Chef's Table dessert.

20190219_131909.jpg

20190219_131853.jpg

20190219_131823.jpg

Really one of the best desserts I have ever had on an RCI ship!  If forget if it was Yassar or Mohammed that told us we MUST order this after our meal.

It was AWESOME!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/18/2019 at 10:31 AM, John&LaLa said:

Get lots of tit

Chick's will cream

A real pussy wagon

In the chorus it's fine, but when the bouncing balls go over the words at the poolside sing along. 😱

Thanks... Coffee just shot out of my nose. Mostly because I was imagining the looks of horror on some faces as they read the screen. This could be an entertainment event for me, all on its own. 

Loving all the pics. Will be on Oasis again in December. It will be my/our first sailing as D+, but I'm sure that beautiful Diamond lounge will not be there any longer.

• Like 1