Live from Oasis - February 17, 2019. 199 things I look forward to on a cruise.

John&LaLa

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

John, when you find time take and post pictures of the DL and SL C&A drink menus. 

Didn't I post those already. I think I even tagged you 🤔

20190218_114133.jpg

20190218_111333.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Private Stock

Lots of pictures 😱  No particular order

Stevie Nicks

20190219_224523.jpg

20190219_225104.jpg

20190219_230300.jpg

20190219_225224.jpg

20190219_225242.jpg

20190219_225312.jpg

20190219_225548.jpg

Lady from the audience

20190219_225408.jpg

20190219_224634.jpg

Sax player from the Royal orchestra

20190219_225732.jpg

Sound Engineer in front of me, great seats

20190219_212645.jpg

Billy Joel

20190219_225746.jpg

20190219_224725.jpg

Elton John

20190219_225856.jpg

20190219_224801.jpg

20190219_225922.jpg

20190219_224846.jpg

Janice Joplin

20190219_230115.jpg

20190219_224957.jpg

20190219_230315.jpg

Bohemian Rhapsody 

20190219_225645.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Andy C said:

I really don't care for the SL/CK set up as it exists on Oasis from what I have seen in pictures.  I much prefer the set up on Harmony.  

More room to work with since the two STAR suites in the front were not replicated on O3 and O4.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

#67 The suite and Pinnacle cocktail party

Unfortunately,  this was a bust, the Jazz trio was to noisy and the apps were lame.  I did enjoy the gin fizz

20190218_111357.jpg

Our last one was in Dazzles.  Lots of officers walking around, but no music at all, and kind of blah.  We left early.  

34 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

More room to work with since the two STAR suites in the front were not replicated on O3 and O4.  

I like the bar set up in the SL on Oasis...facing the windows.  Also makes for better visual split between SL and CK and has more seats.  More open looking.   

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, island lady said:

I like the bar set up in the SL on Oasis...facing the windows.  Also makes for better visual split between SL and CK and has more seats.  More open looking.   

Have you been on Harmony yet?

Just now, John&LaLa said:

Have you been on Harmony yet?

Have it booked twice already, since she is the new "flavor of the month" replacing Oasis.  Isn't the bar facing the wall in the back on Harmony?  I think you told me only six seats at the bar?  And wow...the pricing sure has gone up dramatically versus Oasis.  😮  Could be the new addition of "perfect day" stop perhaps?  :classic_dry:

3 minutes ago, island lady said:

Have it booked twice already, since she is the new "flavor of the month" replacing Oasis.  Isn't the bar facing the wall in the back on Harmony?  I think you told me only six seats at the bar?  And wow...the pricing sure has gone up dramatically versus Oasis.  😮  Could be the new addition of "perfect day" stop perhaps?  :classic_dry:

Yes, 6 seats.  But the SL buffet area is much larger, and lots of variety. The CK is larger as well.  The one odd thing is the area between what you know as the SL and CK.  It looks like CK setup, but people grab the tables like its Happy Hour in the SL.

We haven't booked any Harmony yet, I'm waiting to try and score some GGG deal. Might as well take advantage of my flexibility 

Edited by John&LaLa

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

Yes, 6 seats.  But the SL buffet area is much larger, and lots of variety. The CK is larger as well.  The one odd thing is the area between what you know as the SL and CK.  It looks like CK setup, but people grab the tables like its Happy Hour in the SL.

Yeah, that's why I mentioned it.  I like the way the bar on Oasis makes a real separation between the two venues.  

Here are some things I've heard about the upcoming refit. I may learn more at lunch today.

DL on 11 will be repurposed,  but it is unlikely to be Wonderland. 

Solarium will get a major redo on the lines of Symphony

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

The one odd thing is the area between what you know as the SL and CK.  It looks like CK setup, but people grab the tables like its Happy Hour in the SL.

We made that mistake a couple of weeks ago. The tables had no setups on them. They just looked like they were part of the lounge area. There were at least 3 tables occupied by drinkers and they kindly asked us to vacate. As for the buffet, it is more expansive including the chocolate dipped marshmallows. Try having your 3 year-old grandson unsee that before dinner.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

DL on 11 will be repurposed,  but it is unlikely to be Wonderland. 

This is surprising considering they probably get revenue off Wonderland and it's that way on HOTS and SOTS.  On the other hand, lots of people only dine at Wonderland once in all their cruises as it's for the experience.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Allura_317 said:

This is surprising considering they probably get revenue off Wonderland and it's that way on HOTS and SOTS.  On the other hand, lots of people only dine at Wonderland once in all their cruises as it's for the experience.  

I think that is the problem...as there are several specialty restaurants that have fallen by the wayside for lack of participation.