Copenhagen pre cruise hotel recommendations

scoochy12

Hello all....we will be arriving 2 days prior to our cruise at the end of May. This will be our first time in Copenhagen. Looking for recommendations as to where to stay. Looking for a mid range hotel. We will use metro to get around and see the sights and possibly book a tour or two so would like to be either central or near cruise port. Someone had suggested hotel bethel, but they are booked. Looking forward to hearing yiur thoughts . TIA

1 hour ago, Danish viking said:

Radisson Blu Waterfront is in Stockholm and there is no Scandic hotel near the central station.

The nearest is Scandic Kødbyen, Scandic Palace and Scandic Copenhagen. 

For good hotels I posted a list in another thread, I will try to find it. 

Yes, you are correct - I am a moron. I was giving hotel info for Stockholm, not Copenhagen as the OP had requested. Apologies. 

In Copenhagen, we stayed at the Scandic Palace - near the town hall.

Edited by dogs4fun

We stayed at the Wakeup Borgegade.  It was easily reached via public transportation from the airport and it was easy to use public transportation to get from there to Oceankaj.  It’s within walking distance of Nyhavn, the Stroget, and Tivoli.  The rooms were basic, but clean and comfortable.  I recommend paying extra for a “Heaven” room as it will be quieter.  And definitely pay for the breakfast buffet—it was excellent!

We stayed at Hotel Bethel. It was listed as a best value on Trip Advisor. We were not disappointed. The corner room was worth it. So was breakfast. The hotel is on the canal at Nyhavn and is within walking distance of several sights. There is a bus stop on the corner. We took the train from the airport, then a short walk. Getting to the ship was a short & easy taxi ride.

51 minutes ago, riansgrammy said:

We stayed at Hotel Bethel. It was listed as a best value on Trip Advisor. We were not disappointed. The corner room was worth it. So was breakfast. The hotel is on the canal at Nyhavn and is within walking distance of several sights. There is a bus stop on the corner. We took the train from the airport, then a short walk. Getting to the ship was a short & easy taxi ride.

The OP already tried Hotel Bethel, and they were fully booked.

I'm looking forward to my own stay there in July.

9 hours ago, riansgrammy said:

Can you tell me the stop to got off of the train for Hotel Bethel?

Another vote for WakeUp Borgegade. So easy to get there from the airport via a (metro/train?) station right in the airport which  lets you off a few blocks from the hotel. Our room was compact but very well laid out so we never felt cramped and the bed was comfortable.  I am a light sleeper and don't recall any noise there at all. We walked to the Nyhavn district for dinner and had a great meal.

• 3 weeks later...