Payment Plan?

Yeah you are right, I saw it a few times or for a short while and then the next minute it was gone. I thought it was an interesting idea. They should in my opinion offer kind of a rolling or growing gift card that you can put money on periodically. I would love to start one and put a 100 bucks on here and there, may 200 or 250 bucks a few times and before you know it I have enough saved in this rolling gift card. Smart idea I think. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JAMESCC said:

Yeah you are right, I saw it a few times or for a short while and then the next minute it was gone. I thought it was an interesting idea. They should in my opinion offer kind of a rolling or growing gift card that you can put money on periodically. I would love to start one and put a 100 bucks on here and there, may 200 or 250 bucks a few times and before you know it I have enough saved in this rolling gift card. Smart idea I think. 

That interesting idea charges between 20 and 30% interest.

Open a vacation account and put money in it or stuff money in a coffee can  at home.

Just now, broadwaycam said:

I am going on the 8 night Adventure of the Seas sailing next February 1, 2020 go to ABC islands. That is a very popular itinerary so I am sure that is why payment plan is not offered for that cruise.

It is based on how close it is to sailing...not the popularity of the itinerary.

• Like 1

Just now, Iamcruzin said:

I don't understand the need for a payment plan?  Can't you just make monthly payments through the website or through a Travel Agent?

The program is designed for sailings closer  to sailing date where the customer can continue to make payments after the cruise has passed.

43 minutes ago, broadwaycam said:

I am going on the 8 night Adventure of the Seas sailing next February 1, 2020 go to ABC islands. That is a very popular itinerary so I am sure that is why payment plan is not offered for that cruise.

For this cruise you wouldn't need a specific payment plan. You would pay your deposit and then pay the balance in full by the final payment date. If you choose to, you can make smaller payments up up until the final payment date or just one big payment at the end. 

1 hour ago, JAMESCC said:

Yeah, that exists. It’s called a savings account. 

12 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Yeah, that exists. It’s called a savings account. 

Yeah well a savings account doesn't always work out for what you think it will. This would be payments to RCI for a cruise that wasn't even booked yet. I like the idea but I see its just me that does.

4 minutes ago, JAMESCC said:

Yeah well a savings account doesn't always work out for what you think it will. This would be payments to RCI for a cruise that wasn't even booked yet. I like the idea but I see its just me that does.

Disney has (or at least had) something similar. It was called a Disney vacation savings account or something close to that. 

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yes or even before.  Book a cruise 6 months from sail date and take a year to pay for it.

I can't see that always working well - most aren't motivated to keep paying for a vacation after they've gotten back!  Yes I know if you're putting it on a CC you're essentially doing that but that's where you chide yourself for not planning better - having to keep making payments to a cruise line would smart more IMO, and I wonder how many didn't keep paying...

3 minutes ago, ShillyShally said:

I can't see that always working well - most aren't motivated to keep paying for a vacation after they've gotten back!  Yes I know if you're putting it on a CC you're essentially doing that but that's where you chide yourself for not planning better - having to keep making payments to a cruise line would smart more IMO, and I wonder how many didn't keep paying...

It’s not to the cruise line.  It is an outside company and you have to apply.  Don’t pay and it’s the same as not paying your bank on a loan. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

On 2/18/2019 at 6:43 PM, JAMESCC said:

And what happens if you don't end up cruising?  Or you REALLY need that money?

So if it takes you several years to get enough, what about the interest you WOULD have gotten from a CD or savings account.

The inability to use a savings account for saving for a goal seems like a personal problem to me.

• Like 1