Sky Pad reservation cancelled

My husband really wanted to do this, so when it became available to book on the planning page, I booked it for a afternoon time slot. 

It has been on my cruise calendar for several weeks now.

i went on to book a few other things and now see that it is gone, with a note that says it is no longer available for pre-cruise booking and will have to be booked onboard. What’s this all about?

Edited by TinkBellaMom

1 hour ago, TinkBellaMom said:

My husband really wanted to do this, so when it became available to book on the planning page, I booked it for a afternoon time slot. 

i went on to book a few other things and now see that it is gone, with a note that says it is no longer available for pre-cruise booking and will have to be booked onboard. What’s this all about?

Did you check you calendar to see if your reservation is still there?

I’ve booked many things in the past and then they have become unavailable to book but it never affected my reservation.  

Edited by Ourusualbeach

1 hour ago, TinkBellaMom said:

Just checked our booking and its still showing as booked 

Check your order history at the top of the page.  Calendar sometimes gets weird.  Not available for booking could mean they only have onboard slots left or could just be web site issues.  Saw this a lot on our Anthem trip but eventually things stabilized.  

Edited by LeeW
more

We just got off Indy and booked the Sky Pad before we boarded. Once on board, we were told it wasn't working due to technical issues. It never got fixed.  So maybe they are having issues with it on the ship you are going on and removed your reservation.  Our reservation was removed from my calendar once on board.

11 minutes ago, fla gang said:

We were on the mariner a couple of weeks ago and a young man got injured pretty bad on the sky pad. Wasn't sure if they had it back operational after that. We came in early to offload the injured person!

It was working. We used the Sky Pad the following Weekend on Mariner.

17 hours ago, fla gang said:

We were on the mariner a couple of weeks ago and a young man got injured pretty bad on the sky pad. Wasn't sure if they had it back operational after that. We came in early to offload the injured person!

Yikes, do you know how they got injured?  I'm not sure my aging body can risk further injury lol!

5 hours ago, ShillyShally said:

Yikes, do you know how they got injured?  I'm not sure my aging body can risk further injury lol!

somehow the strap became unhooked and the person fell to the deck. We came back to Miami at about 24 knots.

Sky pad on Indy broke a few cruises ago.  They shut it down.  I'm sure it's back up by now.

In my case on Mariner just about as I was to be lifted up and start my VR game the operator halted it and told me to take off my glasses.  When I looked down the cords tethered to the harness on my left side were swinging free.  The clip that anchors the pin that holds the cords in place was laying in front of me.  Had the operator not seen it I would had been lifted by my right side only ending up horizontal.  

That was September and the memory of my experience came back to me when I heard of both recent incidents.   

Edited by twangster
  • Thanks 1