E-visa for Australia and USA

anjo

Morning everyone,  hoping someone can help. Just spent US $99 On visa for Aus which I  know costs $20 if I  had studied who I was getting it from! Was ripped off by eaustraliatravel.com  We also need visa for Hawaii trip and don't want to make the same mistake. Know it costs about $20 can someone please advise who to buy it from? Thanks Anjo.

We had a similar situation when my husband bought his US visa.  He didn't realise he was not on the US government site and was charged $100.  The moment he realised his mistake he emailed and demanded a refund.  Fortunately they had not started the visa process and refunded the money.    Did you ask for a refund/withdrawal of the Visa by company?  I notice at eaustraliatravel.com in their terms and conditions point 15 covers Refunds and Right of Withdrawal.  You might get lucky.

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 11:05 AM, vozzie said:

Anjo...if you are New Zealanders....you don't need any sort of Visa to enter Australia. You just turn up at the doorstep.

And straight on welfare benefits, lol.

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 10:08 AM, Big Kev said:

Official USA government site for obtaining an ESTA         https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/

Just did ours last week for April cruise to Hawaii and stay there.  Cost US$14 pp. About the 3rd one we have got for the Land of the Free.  No big deal, as has been said,  get it straight from Uncle Donald, not from agents.

Edited by NSWP

2 hours ago, anjo said:

Thank you everyone for your helpful replies. POZIWI love it. BrissieB too late, already issued before I  saw the cost. NSWP see you on board. Anjo.

I'm sorry 😞 .  I hate that these companies continue to get away with this scam.  Have a wonderful cruise.

On 2/21/2019 at 6:43 PM, MicCanberra said:

Yep, some time ago as well. Back in 2016 was the latest loop hole being closed NZ

Noted, thank you for the advice.  I retract my statement re Kiwis on Aust welfare.😖

On 2/21/2019 at 6:25 PM, anjo said:

Thank you everyone for your helpful replies. POZIWI love it. BrissieB too late, already issued before I  saw the cost. NSWP see you on board. Anjo.

Thanks, have you been following the roll call for Noordam on 21 April, couple of CC meet ups planned.

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Noted, thank you for the advice.  I retract my statement re Kiwis on Aust welfare.😖

There are still many but they are long term Australian residents and due to the reciprocity agreements have never had to become Aussie citizens.