Carnival Pride - Artwork was removed/covered

Futureman3000

I would really like to know the source of the "complaints" about the artwork. The FB post mentions U.S. passengers so I would like to know if that's true based on documented comments to Carnival or someone's opinion. Regardless, I agree there is nothing wrong with classic artwork and it should be appreciated for it's historical significance. 

7 hours ago, NYcruzzer said:

In the age of #metoo and political correctness many universities and municipalities are removing artwork, statues, and rewriting history. I guess cruise lines are scrambling to conform to this new normal.. Sad

This sort of censorship was going on before you were born...

I'm seeing conflicting reports now from passengers saying that the nude artwork is still there.  So maybe this dry dock port guy was trolling us...  Possible false information in my original post.

Maybe some was modified, but definitely not all...  I've seen the pictures to prove it.

4 minutes ago, Futureman3000 said:

I'm seeing conflicting reports now from passengers saying that the nude artwork is still there.  So maybe this dry dock port guy was trolling us...  Possible false information in my original post.

Maybe some was modified, but definitely not all...  I've seen the pictures to prove it.

I hope that's the case. Maybe some of them were very worn and they covered those rather than redo them?

6 hours ago, Futureman3000 said:

I saw JH FB page comments from someone who states they are on the Pride now indicating some art has been covered but not all.  I hope we can get a full dry dock report on Sunday.

• Like 1

I can't believe they would actually cover or remove artwork during an extensive dry dock! I hope they weren't trying to protect it or something silly like that from exposure to the work being done! I hope they aren't changing any out that are considered...well...actually outdated! I hope they aren't updating the decor! I hope they aren't adding anything new! I hope this worker isn't attempting to post false news! I hope no one is jumping to conclusions! I hope we are operating on actual facts!

Good grief.

Somehow if this IS true..I'm not surprised.

I did get a laugh out of a cruise on the Triumph one time where this lady was going around putting sticky notes to cover up anything she didn't approve of. Including the wee peens of the naked fishing boys in the tiled mosaic thing just outside the theater. That cracked me up.

🤔🤔 I don’t think I’ve ever consciously focused on the artwork enough to notice all this nudity. 

I must be enjoying myself too much for my nudity spidey sense to be alerted. 

I do remember the statue of David in David’s steakhouse. 🤷🏽‍♀️🤷🏽‍♀️ Why would anyone find that offensive enough to  have it removed?

• Like 1

On 2/23/2019 at 12:47 PM, IPlayWithString said:

Somehow if this IS true..I'm not surprised.

I did get a laugh out of a cruise on the Triumph one time where this lady was going around putting sticky notes to cover up anything she didn't approve of. Including the wee peens of the naked fishing boys in the tiled mosaic thing just outside the theater. That cracked me up.

She misread and thought she'd boarded the Carnival Prude

• Haha 2

On 2/24/2019 at 9:59 AM, 30scruiser said:

Had there been art in the back of the elevators? If so it is covered up with wood now. 

Yes, there was art on the back wall of the elevators.  They were representations of classical masterpieces. Here is one example (not my picture):

image.thumb.png.17214b94206c65f47c089f8753ef25fa.png

So, these works are no longer present?

To think that a change (if one has even occurred) is the result of political correctness is absurd. It was attributed to the American passengers on Pride. Sailing out of Baltimore for so many years, are there any other passenger nationalities ever sailing on Pride?

I've been on the ship three times and will be again this coming October. Changes due to complaints could have been made ages ago if there was actually a problem.

For those claiming "political" correctness about art removal, that makes no sense. That wouldn't be something with a liberal motivation, it would come from the highly conservative. Know what your labels are. 

There is only one thing to motivate Carnival to make changes - upkeep of the art being costly. I could not even count the number of nipples that had white marks from erasers kids (I hope just kids) had used to make them stand out!

The ridiculous leaf that was placed over David's weenus? Do you really think that impetus came from the shamefully liberal left?

Think, it does a body good.

4 hours ago, ShakyBeef said:

Yes, there was art on the back wall of the elevators.  They were representations of classical masterpieces. Here is one example (not my picture):

image.thumb.png.17214b94206c65f47c089f8753ef25fa.png

So, these works are no longer present?

Yes, they are gone. There is just plain brown wood in the frame. Not sure if other things are covered over too. This just looked like it had to be covering something.