Personal Message Possible?

garyl62

I realize this is not just a Celebrity question, but a Cruise Critic Board question however I've tried to send what Cruise Critic calls a personal message to someone else who posts on the Celebrity boards quite often to follow-up on a post they made previously.  When I selected the message option off their profile a pop-up window appeared and said I "was only allowed 0 messages per day.  Please try again later"  I've never sent a message to anyone and with my limit of zero per day I'll never be able to.  Is there some type of setting I need to change to allow messages to be sent, or is this a Cruise Critic limitation?

4 hours ago, GlennaRoseGoes said:

Mmhmm......but if they can customize enough to disable functionality, I would expect them to be able to customize to not display it. Oh well. 

Probably disable is a tick a box, remove the icon is a whole rewrite I belong to a few forums, some have messaging some don’t, all show the icon.

• Like 1

On 2/19/2019 at 10:56 PM, Jim_Iain said:

The functionality is available in the software.   I use it on a different site.   Cruise Critics chose to disable (or not implement) this feature.   It would be nice to have this function.   

Just imagine the joy of the travel agents of private messaging was enabled - and the kids of click and commission revenue for cruise critic owners (which is right and fair - I'm a capitalist.)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jkgourmet said:

Just imagine the joy of the travel agents of private messaging was enabled - and the kids of click and commission revenue for cruise critic owners (which is right and fair - I'm a capitalist.)

It would be a boon to  spammers of all kinds. And to bullies, trolls and stalkers. .It would take rescources to monitor.  I hope they never enable private messaging. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

It would be a boon to  spammers of all kinds. And to bullies, trolls and stalkers. .It would take rescources to monitor.  I hope they never enable private messaging. 

I belong to several other forums that are enabled for PM.  And I've been a moderator (thankless job).  The "bullies, trolls and stalker" activity is FAR more prevalent on the regular boards than in PM.  That behavior occurs here on CC regularly.  Offenses that occur in PM are actually easier to monitor - the recipient reports, the jerk is banned.

But I agree with you.  CC should never enabled PM. It would impinge on their excellent and successful business model.

Edited by jkgourmet

They have a private message option on Trip Advisor and I have never once seen it abused.

Cc has a right to disable the price message function, but I would think that we realize it is to avoid the sharing of Travel Agent information.

i receive a lot of help on CC, so it is OK with me.

Edited by jagoffee
  • Like 1

They have a private message option on Trip Advisor and I have never once seen it abused.

Cc has a right to disable the price message function, but I would think that we realize it is to avoid the sharing of Travel Agent information.

i receive a lot of help on CC, so it is OK with me.

That is interesting. I am registered on TripAdvisor and have posted on there. I didn’t realize they had that option. Never received a PM.

I don’t know how the PM function works with this software but if I could turn it off when I didn’t want it or block people I could live with it. But it is not a feature I need. When I need to contact someone I have an email account just for that and I use the dot at method.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk