Searching within a particular cruise line forum?

Hi, I know there were some search limitations/problems after the CruiseCritic changes. 

Can we now search within a particular forum e.g. Royal or Carnival? It seems my searches go against all CruiseCritic forums even if I am searching within a particular one. 

Thank you. 

25 minutes ago, mets07 said:

Not sure if it is me, my browser, or what....  I see two search icons (magnifying glass). 

Even if I click on those and then within the search box/oval, I do not get a dropdown. 

It's the smaller search box with the small magnifying glass on the right

image.thumb.png.8a51fdd9e0c39ec7d895fb8d6c052d17.png

Don't click on the magnifying glass.  Click in the oval search box.  Then the pull down shows up

image.thumb.png.03a11d3d7cb60771bddbad5c6b4f72ab.png

Then click on the "This Forum" button before putting in the search word(s) you are looking for.  THEN click the magnifying glass.

29 minutes ago, cheeseheads4ever said:

Maybe I missed it but i am looking to search celebrity cruises  just a specific ship Sillouette.

Same as above. Go to the Celebrity Cruises forum. Click in the search box (the small one for searching the forums). Click the radio button for This Forum. Type Silhouette in the search box. Click the magnifying glass to search.

7 hours ago, mets07 said:

Thanks so much for the screen shot. That small search box does not show up for me in Google Chrome, however it does when I open CruiseCritic with MS Edge. 

That's very odd.  I use Google Chrome, and that search box is there, in the upper right.  Are you able to post a screen shot so that we can see what you are seeing?

34 minutes ago, mets07 said:

image.png

Thanks for posting your screen shot, I think I see the issue.   I don't know what type of device you are on, but the view in your screenshot is a "mobile" (or compact) view, not a "desktop" view.  In desktop, you'll see that small oval search "box" that appears in the screenshot in Shmoo's post number 4 above.  In mobile view (what I get, for example, on my iPhone, or when my iPad is in a vertical rather than horizontal orientation), the screen looks like your screenshot above.  In that situation, clicking on the search icon (the magnifying glass) in the blue toolbar will give you a drop down menu, though it's not the same as the drop down menu you get from the search box in desktop view, and if there's a way to search within a specific thread from that menu, I haven't found it (I just don't do searches in mobile view).   From other posts I've read in other "search" threads here, there may not be.  (If there is, hopefully someone will explain how to do it.)

Edited by Turtles06

33 minutes ago, mets07 said:

image.png

Just now, gnome12 said:

You are running the mobile version. Click the search (magnifying glass) on the blue bar, where you can select where you want to search.

OP I would suggest zooming out one click.  What you're showing is what I can see if I zoom in on my laptop.