Any Limits to connection to Hub App

VolzCruiser

I was wondering if there are any limitations to the number of device you can have connected to the Hub App while on ship. I am wanting to use the Hub App on my Ipad so I can look at the Fun Times and on it as it is easier to read but I will want to also use my phone to keep in contact with people I am traveling with on the ship. Hence my question. Thanks in advance. 

Edited by VolzCruiser

53 minutes ago, ElCrappyTan said:

It used to be where the user could only be signed into one device at a time. Not sure if they changed it.

24 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Only one device connected at a time to the same folio number but no limit to number of devices at different times.

this is access to the ship wifi for internet access

for the hub app, to see the fun times, your foilo balance and others you can have any many devices as you want. 

3 hours ago, shof515 said:

this is access to the ship wifi for internet access

for the hub app, to see the fun times, your foilo balance and others you can have any many devices as you want. 

You are limited to one connected at a time per folio number, including the Hub  App.

Edited by BlerkOne

16 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

You are limited to one connected at a time per folio number, including the Hub  App.

You download the Hub APP prior to boarding and simply connect once on board. There is no fee and everyone can download it onto any device(s) they want. This is not a wifi connection (internet) and only has to do with on board information. The only fee involved is $5 if you want the chat feature. Had it on my kindle and phone. Never 'logged' out of either one. Used whichever one I had with me at the moment.

47 minutes ago, Bookbug53 said:

You download the Hub APP prior to boarding and simply connect once on board. There is no fee and everyone can download it onto any device(s) they want. This is not a wifi connection (internet) and only has to do with on board information. The only fee involved is $5 if you want the chat feature. Had it on my kindle and phone. Never 'logged' out of either one. Used whichever one I had with me at the moment.

For anything useful, of course there is a wifi connection - you need to set your device to airplane mode and connect to Carnival wifi.  

12 minutes ago, 2wheelin said:

How could a family (on one folio) use the chat feature if only one could be logged on at a time? Apparently not the case.

Yes, appearenty the case since each guest has their own folio number regardless of where they stay, who is paying the bill, etc.

I understand the app can be installed on multiple devices and logged in off-board. I have it on my iPhone and iPad. However, on board, I can’t use the chat feature of the Hub app on both of my devices at the same time.

My God I didn’t realize until now, but as a forum where people come to get information from “experts”, this place really does a disservice to people. I give up.

Edited by ElCrappyTan

1 hour ago, coevan said:

incorrect information, we had the Hub on 2 iPhones and an iPad. you are just downloading an app, no folio is necessary

Yes, Incorrect info. To view your account info, for example, you have to log in and that takes your folio number. Only one device at a time.

20 hours ago, VolzCruiser said:

I was wondering if there are any limitations to the number of device you can have connected to the Hub App while on ship. I am wanting to use the Hub App on my Ipad so I can look at the Fun Times and on it as it is easier to read but I will want to also use my phone to keep in contact with people I am traveling with on the ship. Hence my question. Thanks in advance. 

Don’t have a. Answer for you but just saying love your profile picture! VFL

• Like 1

16 hours ago, 2wheelin said:

How could a family (on one folio) use the chat feature if only one could be logged on at a time? Apparently not the case.

16 hours ago, ElCrappyTan said:

Yes, appearenty the case since each guest has their own folio number regardless of where they stay, who is paying the bill, etc.

I understand the app can be installed on multiple devices and logged in off-board. I have it on my iPhone and iPad. However, on board, I can’t use the chat feature of the Hub app on both of my devices at the same time.

My God I didn’t realize until now, but as a forum where people come to get information from “experts”, this place really does a disservice to people. I give up.

Not understanding your disservice comment as I got an answer to my question. Each family/cabin member has their own folio even if all are on the same "account/credit card". Thus each can be logged on to the chat feature. You just can't chat with yourself on two devices. Lol

There aren't many experts on this forum, just people relating their experiences and opinions.