Ship choice help!! Allure VS Adventure of seas with kids

kkat10

Hello-I am looking at the Allure or the Adventure of Seas---I will be traveling with 2-9 year olds and a 12 year old---Is there less to do on the Adventure of the seas vs the Allure? Also how does the kids club compare? There is quite a price difference but not sure its worth it---please help!! Thanks

The kids clubs will be fairly similar. There are water slides on Adventure and none on Allure, if that matters. More pools to choose from on Allure.

I don’t think you can go wrong with either - the kids will enjoy themselves.

We have done Oasis and will be on Navigator in April and Adventure in December.  We have also done Freedom and that has been my favorite ship even compared to Oasis...to me Oasis was just TOO big.  I felt like there were always a ton of people everywhere and waiting in line.  I am really excited to try Navigator and Adventure b/c I think they will be the right size for our family with some bells and whistles ( my kids are DYING for slides!!).  My kids are 9, 7 and 2.  

The kids club is virtually the same on all ships except for Allure they will have a movie theater and a science lab, but my kids never missed those features on the other ships.  Their  actual favorite kids club was on enchantment b/c it was small and they could do a scavenger hunt throughout the whole ship!

Edited by GalwayGirl03

Are slides important to you?  No slides on Allure (unless booking after dry dock...and even then, no guarantee).  But Allure is amazing....so much to do, amazing shows, etc etc.  Don't think you can go wrong with either choice.

Allure would be my choice because of all of the activities. But, you might want to make sure that your 9 year olds meet height and weight requirements for things like the zip line, boogie boarding on the Flowrider, and the rock climbing walls.

Our first two cruises with our kids were on the allure and then the adventure. Although we had a great time on both, we much prefer the oasis class ships. First thencheck on checkout process on adventure for kids club is awful. You line up in the arcade and everything is and written. We often spend 30 minutes just checking them in. Also the lack of food options made my kids nuts in adventure. 

That said we did allure then adventure. We didn’t have a bad time in adventure and the staff was great. Had we not known allure first we wouldn’t have known what we were missing. But after adventure our family decided for now, for us we are sticking with the bigger ships. 

My kids were 4 and 7 when on allure and adventure.