Cancelled Excursions

lncruisers

We are doing aback to back cruises in May on Constellation.

On the first cruise from Barcelona to Venice we had booked a Rome  excursion only to be

advised it was cancelled. So we then booked another excursion at a higher cost which included lunch.

Now they tell us the lunch that was included has been dropped for the tour to allow more time for

on our own sightseeing near the Vatican. We contacted them and were told there was no compensation for

the lunch we now have to purchase on our own.

On our second cruise leaving Venice on the 21st, we had booked 4 excursions only to be notified two had been

cancelled and a refund to my cc would come in 2-3 months! Now our reservation number has been changed and all other excursions

are cancelled with refunds to be issued in 2-3 months.

Has anyone else had the same issues with either their excursion being cancelled or their reservation number changing?

Any advice would be appreciated.

We think they should rename the ship the  Celebrity Cancellation!

Cheers!

We've also had an Italian excursion cancelled for May but it's the Infinity, not Constellation and we got our refund within a couple of weeks. It sounds like Celebrity are having issues with the tour supplier.

But you're having big problems. Have you phoned Celebrity? 

Edited by sailco

I've only ever had one shore excursion cancelled and it was refunded to the original method of payment almost immediately. It was cancelled because the tour operator changed the time, but when I called X they rebooked it for us at the original price.  As far as the reservation number changing, that's strange. The only thing I can think of that would cause that is if you originally had the reservation on hold and were given a number and then when you actually booked the provisional hold was released and a new number was issued with the real booking. The only other scenario that could cause this I can think of is if you cancelled and rebooked. Did you book direct or did you book through a TA? If the latter, I'd question it with your TA.

On the Constellation May 21, 2019 cruise, there was a minor itinerary change where port dates in Athens and Mykonos were interchanged. As a result, our excursions were changed, but not cancelled. May 25 and May 26, I believe)

We have booked Celebrity excursions for every port during this cruise and so far we were not notified of any excursions. I am keeping my fingers crossed! 

Unusual for your reservation number to change....We have kept the same number even when we have made room changes.

If your reservation number has changed then all bookings related to your original number may then not be valid. I think that could be why you would be refunded for excursions. If you go to Celebrity’s site are some of your excursions available now to rebook?

I think you need to find out about why this has happened....If you have booked through a TA have they cancelled and rebooked you owing to a significant price drop? If you booked directly with Celebrity phone them.

Over many years we have rarely had an excursion cancelled, certainly nothing like you are experiencing....The situation seems really odd.

I had an excursion cancelled pre cruise, for St Petersburg in April 2018 ( cruise was June).

My refund was back on my credit card within 5 working days.

Unfortunatly, our ship, the Silhouette, was denied entry into St Petersburg on 1/2 July 2018, due to high winds.

The refund for our booked excursions was credited to our account the same evening.

I would certainly be ringing either Celebrity or your TA with regard to the change of booking number.