Cruise Critic Roll Call?

phabric

7 minutes ago, phabric said:

It seems Cruise Critic is having difficulties adding new Roll Calls.  I am not able to add my cruise date.

Anybody else having trouble?

On the main Princess page on the right there is a note about the roll call issues.

Go to the boards tab top right of the page to get to the roll calls.

1 hour ago, phabric said:

It seems Cruise Critic is having difficulties adding new Roll Calls.  I am not able to add my cruise date.

Anybody else having trouble?

You can still create roll calls.  But the Roll Call finder tool is not working.  In order to find a roll call, or find where to create a roll call, you must manually locate the proper Roll Call forum.

13 hours ago, Shmoo here said:

You can still create roll calls.  But the Roll Call finder tool is not working.  In order to find a roll call, or find where to create a roll call, you must manually locate the proper Roll Call forum.

I have never used their roll call finder. It's simple to just go to the main forum area (there's a link at the top of the page) and then to the Princess roll call forums. Each ship is listed under there and you can easily find your sailing. I often don't care for "help me" type tools such as the roll call finder as they are prone to be funky.

40 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I have never used their roll call finder. It's simple to just go to the main forum area (there's a link at the top of the page) and then to the Princess roll call forums. Each ship is listed under there and you can easily find your sailing. I often don't care for "help me" type tools such as the roll call finder as they are prone to be funky.

Once you find your Roll Call, put it in your favorites. Then when you click on Safari, Google, etc, go to your favorites and it’s there. 

Especially easy on iPhone. 

Prior to implementing the new & improved (?) forum, when accessing a roll call there was an icon you could click on to go to the first unread post.

That icon no longer exists that I can see and the suggestion from cruise critic is to "click on the last page link/arrow and that will take you to the most recent posts."

It will, but an active roll call may get numerous posts as the cruise date nears, so the suggestion above results in going backwards through the new posts.  Not the most elegant solution!  Is there a better solution?

54 minutes ago, racj846 said:

Prior to implementing the new & improved (?) forum, when accessing a roll call there was an icon you could click on to go to the first unread post.

That icon no longer exists that I can see and the suggestion from cruise critic is to "click on the last page link/arrow and that will take you to the most recent posts."

It will, but an active roll call may get numerous posts as the cruise date nears, so the suggestion above results in going backwards through the new posts.  Not the most elegant solution!  Is there a better solution?

It's still there.  If the thread you are going back to look at has a blue dot at the front of the title, you've not posted on that thread.  If there's a blue star, you've posted on that thread.  Now, if the dot or star are dark blue, there's new posts since the last time you looked at it.  If the dot or star are faint blue, there's NO new posts since the last time you looked at it.

Click on the dark blue dot or star (not the thread title) to be taken to the first unread post.

Scmoo here - I think you may have misread my post.  Your answer relates to regular threads.  I am specifcally asking about Roll Call threads where there is no blue dot or asterisk to click on. Accessing the roll call is easy, but the forum always takes you to the first post.

I am looking for an easy way to access the next roll call unread post.

6 minutes ago, racj846 said:

Scmoo here - I think you may have misread my post.  Your answer relates to regular threads.  I am specifcally asking about Roll Call threads where there is no blue dot or asterisk to click on. Accessing the roll call is easy, but the forum always takes you to the first post.

My two Roll Calls show the dark blue star and title if there are new posts since I last visited. 

If there are no new posts, the entire title is a. very pale blue. 

It’s very easy to see if there are new posts. 

If I click on the star, it takes me to the new posts. 

1 hour ago, racj846 said:

When I click on "XXXX Cruise Roll Calls" it takes me to the ship specific sub-forum of roll calls for that ship.  The threads there do have the dot/star for indicating whether I've posted on that thread or not.  And they are dark blue when there are new posts since the last time I visited them.

Edited by Shmoo here

15 minutes ago, racj846 said:

Finally figured it out.  It depends which way you enter the roll calls as to whether or not you see the blue dots, stars etc.

If you use the "Find Your Roll Call" tool, you'll not see the dots/stars.

Personally, I prefer going directly to the Roll Call, especially since the Roll Call finder is not working at all now.

Edited by Shmoo here