Albania tours

doccide

Sorry, we've sailed right past Albania on many cruises, but have never stopped.  From looking at the Regent website it doesn't appear that there are too many choices - if none of the descriptions appeal to you I'd look at the ports section of Cruise Critic and/or contact your TA for suggestions.  So much of what people might recommend depends on specific likes and dislikes...

Out of all of the cruises on rssc.com I only see something like 6 cruises that stop in Albania so unfortunately I don't think you'll get a ton of feedback here, sorry...but I'm sure you can find SOMETHING to do!

The only Regent cruise port I see is Tirana. It is the capital and largest city in Albania. I’ve never been there by cruise ship, but just to visit our daughter who spent two years in Albania with the Peace Corp. The capital city was only beginning to be transformed in the early 1990’s, but from contacts she still has there, we understand it’s become quite vibrant. Tirana is not on the coast, but about an hour from the port of Durres. And my understanding is the roads have improved greatly over the last 15 years!

The National History Museum would be a great place to visit to understand the turbulent history of the country. There’s also a rich archeological history in Durres, so if you don’t want to travel far, that might be an interesting choice. I also see there’s possibly an excursion to the town of Kruja. We weren’t there, but the small towns surrounding the capital are generally full of delightful and interesting people. And tourism is a very important part of the recovering economy of the country.