Rebooking stateroom but keeping EZ Air

EllieinNJ

I booked a cruise under the three for free with EZ Air.  Now I noticed in the promotion that ends 2/28/19 that my stateroom has come down slightly but it also includes two specialty dinners and additional OBC ($250pp instead of $150pp.)

I think there is a new promotion coming out on March 1st.  I wonder if it is any better.  Anyways, if I rebook my cruise, will I have to redo the EZ Air or can it still stay as it was?  Or is it possible for my travel agent to add these to my existing reservation?

There should be no issue with keeping EZ air unless that was part of your original promotion.  In refaring under your original booking number, you will just switch to a different promotion so everything should stand as is other than trading in the terms of the one promo to another.  

On 2/25/2019 at 7:47 AM, EllieinNJ said:

I booked a cruise under the three for free with EZ Air.  Now I noticed in the promotion that ends 2/28/19 that my stateroom has come down slightly but it also includes two specialty dinners and additional OBC ($250pp instead of $150pp.)

I think there is a new promotion coming out on March 1st.  I wonder if it is any better.  Anyways, if I rebook my cruise, will I have to redo the EZ Air or can it still stay as it was?  Or is it possible for my travel agent to add these to my existing reservation?

My TA has refared our cruise fare & we’ve kept the same EZair flights.

Here’s a link to a discussion about the next promotion which isn’t a sale for me.

2 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Isn't there a difference between rebooking and re-faring?

I thought if one rebooks that it's a whole new ball game.

I have re-fared my May cruise twice in the last two weeks and kept the EZair arrangements and price. I think you are right about a rebooking. Rebooking I would have lost the money already paid more than likely as we are under 75 days.

3 minutes ago, TheRabbit said:

I have re-fared my May cruise twice in the last two weeks and kept the EZair arrangements and price. I think you are right about a rebooking. Rebooking I would have lost the money already paid more than likely as we are under 75 days.

I agree, every time I have rebooked I lost everything including EZ Air and had to start over again.

7 minutes ago, EllieinNJ said:

So how do you re-fare instead of re-book?  I asked my TA and she agreed with all the above.  If I re-book I lose everything.

Ask her re-fare. If she doesn't know - have her call Princess.

There is an option in Princess's system to choose a different fare. There is also an option to cancel - you don't want to cancel. She can call for assistance if she is not familiar.

6 minutes ago, Coral said:

Ask her re-fare. If she doesn't know - have her call Princess.

There is an option in Princess's system to choose a different fare. There is also an option to cancel - you don't want to cancel. She can call for assistance if she is not familiar.

I have called princess when I didn't go through my TA. When booked with my TA, they have done it.

Thanks for the info posted on this thread.

My query.

1. Booked cabin and EZ Air while a promotion was in force.

2. Now, under a new promotion I am keen to book a different cabin (upgrade).

I guess this is termed re-booking not a re- fare ??

3. I have been told I would loose my existing EZ Air booking, and have to rebook EZ Air under the new booking.

Is there anyway for Princess to be able to tell me the price of my new Air booking before I give the go ahead to cancel the old one ?

I am concerned that changing cabins using the new promotion may not be worth it if EZ Air has significantly increased.

EZ Air is a flexible booking, and the cruise is not yet inside the final payment date.

Edited by Tranquility Base