Oasis Class Ships

GloriaF

I'm new to RCCL, what can you tell me about the Oasis class ships?  We have cruised plenty, but are just coming to RCCL.

I know Oasis OTS was the first, and has recently come from dry dock.  And that Symphony OTS is the newest.  Where do Allure and Harmony fit in?  What are the differences in these ships (if any)?

I wish to have a small family celebration in November 2019 to celebrate our son's 50th birthday onboard one of these ships....a 7 day Carib cruise.  We are in the northeast FL area and will most likely drive to the port.  Port Canaveral is looking good to me since the drive is half that to FLL or Miami, and from my beginning research it seems Harmony will be home ported at Canaveral at that time.  My question is does Harmony have all the amenities (zip line, slides, etc) as the newer Symphony?  What are the differences in these ships?

Thank you for any help you can provide to this RCCL newbie!

Edited by GloriaF

All of the Oasis class ships share the same Royal Caribbean neighborhoods, The Boardwalk and Central Park. They all have the aquatheater and zip line. Oasis is about to get a large refresh which will presumably include adding waterslides.

Allure will be the lone ranger after the Oasis drydock to not have waterslides (all just guesswork at the moment).

Harmony has waterslides and The Abyss dry slide.

Symphony has laser tag in addition to the waterslides and Abyss.

Thanks for the quick replies!  All are helpful.  Looks like my decision is between Harmony and Symphony.  We will need 2 balcony cabins.  I tend to think a cabin facing water would suit us better than the interior area.   Any advice on cabin choice?

Since Harmony is a shorter drive to port, I'm leaning in that direction.  I'm off to compare itineraries between leaving from PC or FLL/Miami.  I agree the ship is a destination in itself.  

I need all the help I can get since RCCL is new to me.  All advice/comments welcome!    

3 minutes ago, GloriaF said:

Thanks for the quick replies!  All are helpful.  Looks like my decision is between Harmony and Symphony.  We will need 2 balcony cabins.  I tend to think a cabin facing water would suit us better than the interior area.   Any advice on cabin choice?

Since Harmony is a shorter drive to port, I'm leaning in that direction.  I'm off to compare itineraries between leaving from PC or FLL/Miami.  I agree the ship is a destination in itself.  

I need all the help I can get since RCCL is new to me.  All advice/comments welcome!    

Deck 8 aft starboard side or any cabin on 8. Now you have a great reason to walk "home" through Central Park.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GloriaF said:

I'm new to RCCL, what can you tell me about the Oasis class ships?  We have cruised plenty, but are just coming to RCCL.

I know Oasis OTS was the first, and has recently come from dry dock.  And that Symphony OTS is the newest.  Where do Allure and Harmony fit in?  What are the differences in these ships (if any)?

I wish to have a small family celebration in November 2019 to celebrate our son's 50th birthday onboard one of these ships....a 7 day Carib cruise.  We are in the northeast FL area and will most likely drive to the port.  Port Canaveral is looking good to me since the drive is half that to FLL or Miami, and from my beginning research it seems Harmony will be home ported at Canaveral at that time.  My question is does Harmony have all the amenities (zip line, slides, etc) as the newer Symphony?  What are the differences in these ships?

Thank you for any help you can provide to this RCCL newbie!

As a first time Oasis class cruiser you will defiantly have more things to enjoy then you time for. So book Harmony and prepare to be amazed.

One major difference from Harmony and the other three Oasis class ships is that it doesn't have have a pool in the Solarium.

Other than that Harmony is closer to Symphony in regards to slides etc.  All four have the ziplines, flow riders and rock climbing walls.

The other major difference is the "Broadway show" that is presented.  Harmony has Grease.  The others have Cats, Mama Mia and I forget the third.

The rest of the differences are relatively minor if you are a first time cruise on an Oasis classis ship

loved the Oasis of the seas. I think it was our best cruise ever. The service was good the food was good the ship itself was amazing. the shows were great. its also for young people to enjoy. i doubt you'll be disappointed. there are activities that you will enjoy for active cruisers. the oasis class ships cater to the young and active . 

• Like 1

Thank you to everyone for the replies and advice!  Keep it coming!!

One other question, please.  When are the sales and which one should I look for?  I have a great TA that will help me, but need to have done my own research first.

Edited by GloriaF

Originally booked my first Oasis class ship in December on Oasis. Found out after booking the Oasis will just be off drydock and cancelled my booking. Royal does not have a good history of not cancelling sailings after extensive dry docks.  Rebooked on Harmony in November just to be safe.

Port Canaveral also is not as crazy as Miami. Much less congestion and friendlier folks. I agree with your choice of Harmony over Oasis.

Edited by coaster

19 hours ago, gatour said:

One major difference from Harmony and the other three Oasis class ships is that it doesn't have have a pool in the Solarium.

Other than that Harmony is closer to Symphony in regards to slides etc.  All four have the ziplines, flow riders and rock climbing walls.

The other major difference is the "Broadway show" that is presented.  Harmony has Grease.  The others have Cats, Mama Mia and I forget the third.

The rest of the differences are relatively minor if you are a first time cruise on an Oasis classis ship

Questions about the Broadway production show -- Is the same show presented all week?  Are reservations required, and if so how do I make reservations?  What other types of entertainment is offered during a 7 night cruise?

Thanks (in advance) again! 🙂

2 hours ago, GloriaF said:

Questions about the Broadway production show -- Is the same show presented all week?  Are reservations required, and if so how do I make reservations?  What other types of entertainment is offered during a 7 night cruise?

Yes.

Recommended, in the planner - it might too far out to see it.

Variety.

We're also new to RCCL and looking forward to sailing on Harmony of the Seas. We have a cabin just a few steps from Central Park and look forward to spending time there.

I didn't know until after booking that there is no pool in the Solarium. It would have been nice to have, but it's not a deal breaker. The Solarium is adults only and is included (no extra fee), is that correct? We're used to sailing Princess which charges for use of their version of the Solarium.

4 minutes ago, Steven_&_Daniel said:

Thanks. I understand there is a restaurant in the Solarium that is open to all. What hours is it available?

Hours vary, see the Cruise Compass once onboard.