Day on the Deck: Spice H2O or Pool?

Mr.AgentMan

I'm new to NCL, but have cruised on every other major cruise line.  So I'm used to the pool being the primary gathering spot during the day to catch some rays.  However, it looks to me that NCL has two central gathering spots for chilling in a deck chair. 

For you experienced NCL folks, which do you prefer and why:  Spice H20 or the Pool?

6 hours ago, Noworkforme23 said:

I did not care for Spice area due to too much smoke. 

We liked the upper area deck near the slides for shade on the Bliss. We could enjoy the music and still be close to the action and be in the shade. 

Is Spice H2O a smoking area on Bliss, were people ignoring the no smoking policy or was it from the engine exhaust?

Edited by hallux

27 minutes ago, hallux said:

Is Spice H2O a smoking area on Bliss, were people ignoring the no smoking policy or was it from the engine exhaust?

I don't know about the Bliss but on the Escape their was a small smoking area starboard side by the bar

There is a smoking section in spice area and people were following the rules. But even if you are not on the side of spice area that is smoking , you can still smell it heavily in that area. Or at least we could because the wind will blow it your way. I am very sensitive to cigarette smoke. So we went only once to spice area for that exact reason. I would have loved to enjoy it more, but I just could not handle the smoke. 

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

I was on the Breakaway in January 2022.  Ship was only at 1/3 capacity so both the pool and H20 were pretty empty.  Only people at the H20 were the smokers, which happens to be on the bar side of the H20, so I didn't stay.

• Like 1

On 2/26/2019 at 5:34 PM, Phaedrus78 said:

Spice. No question. I practically lived there last month on the Epic. 

I have the Encore booked for January 2020, and my biggest concern is that it looks like there may not even be a Spice H2O.

There is no Spice H2O on the Encore.

On the Escape in February, Spice was practically empty also the few times I went by there (not a sun person so I sit on the Waterfront (or in the Observation Lounge on the Bliss and Encore).

• Like 1

That is why I thought it would be nice to have updated opinion on the topic. I would like to know what spice h20 is like now that cruising and the world has changed. Am I wrong? Is there something I could have done done differently, other than bump? I sincerely would like to know. Thankyou for your opinion. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, luckycanuck1867 said:

That is why I thought it would be nice to have updated opinion on the topic. I would like to know what spice h20 is like now that cruising and the world has changed. Am I wrong? Is there something I could have done done differently, other than bump? I sincerely would like to know. Thankyou for your opinion. 

You are NOT wrong, this is a free forum and you were looking for updated information.  Way to many people here try to suggest what one can/should/should not post, ignore it.  Hope you find the info you are looking for.

Edited by LGW59
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Please please please do not bump a 3 year old pre-pandemic thread. The world had changed and cruising had changed. Information in the thread is old and out of date. 

rubbish

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On the Bliss, Spice H2O is at the stern and the smoke from the smokestacks was an issue for me.  While I loved the space, I just couldn’t spend time inhaling the smoke (yes I know it’s purified-the smell was unpleasant for me.). Others seemed to like it.  Did anyone else have a similar experience?

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

When they have parties and music and stuff at night in the Spice space, is it still only accessible to those with passes, or is it more public when there are events going on there, vs. chair/tub/etc. use during the day?

46 minutes ago, Lunesse said:

When they have parties and music and stuff at night in the Spice space, is it still only accessible to those with passes, or is it more public when there are events going on there, vs. chair/tub/etc. use during the day?

You are confusing Spice with Vibe. Spice is adults only and does not require a pass. Vibe is adults only and requires a paid pass. All activities in Spice are open to all adults onboard. 

• Like 1