Guarantee Cabin Assignment?

We've done a balcony guarantee a few times now-most recent being our trip this upcoming May. We got our assignment this time around 110 days or so out. The previous ones were all pretty similar but like others have said, it can literally be anytime up until boarding.

We've never gotten an upgrade but we've gotten really lucky as far as locations of the cabins. We like being by the stairs and we always seem to end up near there. Worst one we ended up with was right under the pool deck on the Allure, but thankfully it was under the snorkel/dive shop so no scrapping of deck chairs in the early hours. It's worth the risk to us if the savings is significant-this upcoming one was about $800 cheaper than booking a specific cabin so it was very much worth it!

Also, if you end up in a location that you don't love and there are other cabins in the same category available, you may be able to switch cabins but you have to call C&A-regular customer service will not allow it.

I have a trivial question on these guarantee cabins.

We've a guarantee balcony for an Anthem cruise in May. I get completely we may not get our cabin assignment until we're practically walking up the gangway, however I did our checkin a couple of days ago as we're inside 90 days. Noticed our set sail pass has an A01 muster assignment, but no cabin. Curious if that could mean either the A01 is a "catch all" for guarantee's until they are assigned and our SS pass will be re-issued, or if possibly could be an indication our cabin could be forward on the ship since the A01 muster station is the main theatre . Matters nothing right now, but just a curious question.

1 hour ago, bar1068 said:

We've a guarantee balcony for an Anthem cruise in May. I get completely we may not get our cabin assignment until we're practically walking up the gangway, however I did our checkin a couple of days ago as we're inside 90 days. Noticed our set sail pass has an A01 muster assignment, but no cabin. Curious if that could mean either the A01 is a "catch all" for guarantee's until they are assigned and our SS pass will be re-issued, or if possibly could be an indication our cabin could be forward on the ship since the A01 muster station is the main theatre . Matters nothing right now, but just a curious question.

I have a guarantee balcony for my Allure cruise in May. I also did my online check in a few days ago on the Royal App. Right after I did the check in, our set sail passes were available to view. It shows that we are deck 11 but the room number says gty still. Our muster station says C02. So I'm thinking that is your actual muster station.

Not sure where you viewed your set sail pass....My set sail pass only shows deck 11 when I view it on the Royal App. When I look on the website it says reprint under deck number.  There has been reports lately that people are getting their deck number only pretty early and they do indeed end up with a cabin on that deck. 

7 minutes ago, tropical83 said:

I have a guarantee balcony for my Allure cruise in May. I also did my online check in a few days ago on the Royal App. Right after I did the check in, our set sail passes were available to view. It shows that we are deck 11 but the room number says gty still. Our muster station says C02. So I'm thinking that is your actual muster station.

Not sure where you viewed your set sail pass....My set sail pass only shows deck 11 when I view it on the Royal App. When I look on the website it says reprint under deck number.  There has been reports lately that people are getting their deck number only pretty early and they do indeed end up with a cabin on that deck. 

I checked in on the RCI website, I don't believe the Royal App is available for the Anthem yet, so I look at our SetSail pass on the website, so on our SS pass it shows Reprint for the deck and GTY  for the cabin, along with the A01 muster station. I've heard the same about folks being assigned a deck and then later a cabin on that deck. I'd also heard some folks when calling RCI for price adjustments or other things related to pricing, the RCI rep's have those details also, however I've called a few times and reps say all shows as GTY. No matter, is what it is, we'll be onboard in May...somewhere!!!

1 minute ago, taglovestocruise said:

Seems like they are assigning cabins closer and closer to sail date. Could be they are trying to put a stop to people changing cabin locations as soon as they are assigned.

Or maybe they are looking at the upsell bids as part of the process.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

When do e-docs become available? 🤔

Normally you get your E docs when you are done with check in. But with the GTY we did not get them until about 50 days out. And then it just said the Deck number. It was just yesterday that we actually got the room assignment.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, bar1068 said:

I booked at around 75 days out.  Also Anthem.  My room was assigned Feb 4 for an end of march sailing.  Ended up on the 13th floor towards the very back.  I will report back after my cruise as to how I liked the room.  

5 minutes ago, 3eaglesfam said:

I booked at around 75 days out.  Also Anthem.  My room was assigned Feb 4 for an end of march sailing.  Ended up on the 13th floor towards the very back.  I will report back after my cruise as to how I liked the room.  

So....is that a 3 Philly eagles fam or some other eagles?

I'll look for your info at end of next month. Thx