Live review and periscopes Harmony of the Seas !! March 3rd-March 10th

22 hours ago, Narrowshokie said:

Going to bring my GoPro to record the zip line and coaster in Labadee. And the slides on the ship if they let me.

The Abyss they should let you use the GoPro, but not the storm slides.

Will be following along,  We were on her last November.

• Thanks 1

Bon Voyage! It will be bittersweet, but sounds somewhat therapeutic as well...you can be thoughtful in your memories of your Mom in an environment she loved. She'll be with you in spirit. 

We're sailing Harmony next February...looking forward to the vicarious vacation with you!

I love how you are going to celebrate your Mother's life. Are you a Virginia Tech Alum? I noticed the hokie in your screenname. How do I follow your trip on periscope? I would love to follow your journey. I have sailed Harmony in the past and will do so again next year. Enjoy your cruise with your sister and I know your Mom is sailing along too 🙂

2 minutes ago, kdnurs said:

I love how you are going to celebrate your Mother's life. Are you a Virginia Tech Alum? I noticed the hokie in your screenname. How do I follow your trip on periscope? I would love to follow your journey. I have sailed Harmony in the past and will do so again next year. Enjoy your cruise with your sister and I know your Mom is sailing along too 🙂

I’m a Hokie fan I live in Narrows it’s 20 miles from campus. My sister is a Alum !!! You can download the periscope app. My user name on there is @narzhokie you can follow me on there and when I go live it will notify you or you can look later I think it keeps them for 2 years

7 minutes ago, suesnake2002 said:

Eek, you didn't top off your gas tank yesterday!!!

I’d be worried about that caution light on the dash. That being said, it looks like the tire one, and if they run a separate snow tire combo without tire monitoring sensors the light always stays on. Drive on I say, sensor be damned.  We are going on this cruise after all.

Back in by university days the taxi drivers put black tape over the warning lights, so customers couldn’t see them.

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

First stop of the day for breakfast!! I’m usually a Waffle House kind of guy but since this cruise is about my moms memory. I stopped at Cracker Barrel since it was her favorite restaurant!! When we drove to Florida to go on a cruise she always wanted to stop here. So I’ve pretty much been to every CB from VA to Miami!! The monkey duck in the photo is Otis he is my travel buddy you will see a lot of him. Plus Hippy my moms hippo !! ddbc4e0baab54b1a6eea5ace1d51ebed.jpgbb99d54362e8544aa771edd236a25750.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, Narrowshokie said:

The light is no issue!! The censor is broke. I filled up on my way out of town!!

They are also expensive to replace.  Tank is full, let’s roll.

Edit it to add, only had a Cracker Barrell one time and it was tasty. Here’s to mom. ❤️

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 4

Made it to my sisters house!! Looks like JetBlue is having a little issue today!! My flight is delayed already 2 hours!! They say it might be earlier but who knows. So it looks like hurry up and wait today!!

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

They are also expensive to replace.  Tank is full, let’s roll.

Edit it to add, only had a Cracker Barrell one time and it was tasty. Here’s to mom. ❤️

we have been to Cracker Barrel a few times. Always good.

11 minutes ago, molsonschooner said:

we have been to Cracker Barrel a few times. Always good.

It has been a long time since we were to one.  Go for the Baked Apple Dumpling.  It is a meal in itself, and as a bonus, there are NO raisins.

• Like 1

Awesome. Hope the rest of your travels went well. I like Waffle House as much as the next gal but your mom was one smart lady. I don't love pancakes but Cracker Barrel pancakes are the best pancakes I've ever had. Safe travels ❤️

• Like 1

Made it to ft Lauderdale at 930 almost 3 hours late but we are here !! Staying at Ramada cruise port. Basic hotel suits our needs. Clean room nice Tiki bar with cold beer. It’s 78 degrees at 11pm seems muggy but it was 42 when we left Richmond Va. will have a couple of beers and call it a night. We have a free shuttle to the port at 9:30 in the morning so that should get us there nice and early. We have the Key so we should be one of the first on the ship with us getting there that early!! The other shuttle was at 11:30. So we went with the early one. d7a694f125ff3c91db8a5f1bcca5d9b3.jpga258f2d1324f9d8132ef70df93e33ca1.jpg891274c46817cd8c8a6c8ffca0131a4b.jpg

Good morning!! 74 degrees in ft Lauderdale had forgot what 75 degrees felt like!! Had a good nights sleep here at the Ramada Inn after me and my sister had a giggle fest talking about stuff like 10 year olds instead of the 54 and 57 year olds we are. Going to breakfast in a minute then to the Shuttle to the ship!! Will post more once we get to the ship. You can see my periscopes@narzhokie 600aa58271ff63c4a447b754f25020c5.jpg

• Like 5