Getaway Food (PIZZA)

mdmjrm

Cruising on the NCL Getaway at the end of March 2019.  Been on Carnival a hand full of times but first time on Norwegian and sailing with five other families.  Sorry if this question has been asked a few times.  I don't get to eat pizza much with my diet but when I'm traveling on vacation I indulge and enjoy a few pies.  The 24 hour pizzeria on carnival was AWESOME!

I've looked around the Forums to better understand the Pizza options on the Getaway.  Based on the comments it appears to be an area of opportunity for NCL. 

It looks like there is buffet pizza, room service pizza, and pizza options in the La Cucina premium restaurant.  Most reviews seem to indicate the buffet pizza is ok at best.  The room service Pizza is terrible and the La Cucina Pizza is good to great.  Not sure how recent some of these reviews are.

From the images on CC and other forums it looks like the buffet pizza oven if right behind the buffet. 

Does anyone know if they will custom make a pizza for a family at the buffet?

Any options to carry out from La Cucina even with a charge?

All pizza comments are welcome.  It seems like cruise lines are generally accommodating but I'm trying to do my best to prepare.

Thanks

I enjoy La Cucina pizza very much. Buffet pizza has been pretty bad....very little sauce and cheese, and some pretty weird combinations....seafood pizza, breakfast pizza, bbq pizza. Although I was recently on Epic and thought the buffet pizza was much better than other ships. It's a pretty subjective question, so your responses will vary.

All pizza comments are welcome.  It seems like cruise lines are generallyaccommodating but I'm trying to do my best to prepare.

Skip the NCL room service pizza. Not worth it. 

Buffet pizza is ok if you are waaaaay hungry. 

Never tried La Cucina pizza so can’t comment. 

Carnivals pizza was way better IMHO. The only thing that was better.  😵

NCL pizza is all over the place but you have it pretty well summarized.

Best we've had was Star and POA buffets although the second time on Star it had gotten worse.  LaCucina was decent enough - they discontinued then brought back but haven't had the latest there.

I had the room service pizza on getaway. It was bad and not worth the hour or so it took to get there.

I had the buffet pizza as well. I thought it was serviceable. I dressed it up with some ranch and enjoyed it.

We went to La Cucina but didn't try the pizza.

15 hours ago, AshleyJax said:

Carnival's Pizza is wayyyyyy better than NCL, especially since they have the option of fresh made personal pie. NCL is meh at best.

I agree that the fresh pizza on Carnival is by far better than NCL . By fresh i mean you go to the pizza counter and they make it fresh while you wait.

If you get the buffet pizza make sure it is fresh and there is some type of topping on

it in addition to the cheese like pepperoni. Even then sometimes  I took one or two bites

and unfortunately just didn't eat it. It was tasteless. I hate wasting food but I also hate

eating food that is tasteless and sits like a lump in your stomach. Yes it can be that bad.