EZ Air Change - Should I Be Concerned?

CeeCee59

I was checked to see if there were any deals for my booked EZ Air flights and to my surprise when I logged in to check, I got a message that my flights could not be accessed as there was a schedule change.  I went directly to the airline website and discovered that my return flight had been re-routed.  The airline had discontinued that particular route, so they changed to something else (turns out it is actually better - so not worried about that).  My issue is that the Princess site still has my old flights listed.  It's been about two weeks now.  Should I call Princess?  So far, there has been no extra charges on my credit card.  I think that because the airline cancelled the route, they have made the change without any additional charges.  Of course during that two week time frame, the 45 days has now passed so I wasn't able to see if any cheaper flights were available.  As long as there are no additional charges, I'm okay with the price but it would be nice to know that Princess has the new flight details for my return flight.

Edited by CeeCee59
typo

I think if you call Princess directly they will answer your concerns forthwith. They are very friendly and helpful. Plus they seem to have magic computers that have all your info. Anything I’ve had to ask has been answered on the spot. 

Glenn

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had a problem like that. I confirmed the change with the airline..The airline rep marked the flight that I accepted the change and several days later the princess site corrected itself BUT As others said call princess 

Call.  My last cruise my flights changed numerous times.  When I went to check in, I couldn't as the flight code had changed and Princess hadn't updated.  I got it fixed but it took an hour on the phone.  Make sure all your ducks are in a row.  

YES!

I once waited 4 months seeing that statement in RED and still no change on the Princess site..so finally called Princess. So when you call, tell them you have seen the change on the airline site and they will update. Make sure you get a competent rep. I've have over 10 flights with EZ air in the last 3 years, most were changed, how I was informed varied. There will be no charge.

Often if there is a connect, with a domestic to international, the 2 different carriers info is not updated. But who wants to wait until they get it together if you have seen the change.

Edited by land lover

Just to echo others, we’ve had numerous changes on our upcoming flights for an Alaska cruise.  Delta would make the change, Princess would be in red, and I’d wait for the EZ Air flights to change but never would until I called Princess and got the reservation refreshed.  As a previous poster said, the best bet is to keep checking the airline website itself for changes.  We are hoping we’ve seen the last of it with a little over two months to go.

UPDATE:  Well I'm glad I called!  When I went in to my reservation with the airline just so I'd have something on the screen to refer to when I made my call to Princess, I noticed that one leg of my return flight had mysteriously disappeared.  I made the call and explained the issue to Lisa at Princess who was very professional and assured me she would look into things right away and to hold the line for a short while.  Five minutes later she came back and explained that the carrier had oversold the flight and so she would need to find another carrier unless I was ok with an overnight stay.  I asked her to please look into another carrier.  Five minutes later, she had my return flight (2 legs) booked with someone else, arriving at close to the time I wanted with even better connections (being an international flight this was important).  No additional charges even though it was less than 45 days until the cruise but because it was the airlines issue for cancelling one of the routes they would change things free of charge.  I am very happy with EZ Air - just hope the airlines don't mess with routes or schedules again!  I will be diligent about checking often that's for sure.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CeeCee59 said:

UPDATE:  Well I'm glad I called!  When I went in to my reservation with the airline just so I'd have something on the screen to refer to when I made my call to Princess, I noticed that one leg of my return flight had mysteriously disappeared.  I made the call and explained the issue to Lisa at Princess who was very professional and assured me she would look into things right away and to hold the line for a short while.  Five minutes later she came back and explained that the carrier had oversold the flight and so she would need to find another carrier unless I was ok with an overnight stay.  I asked her to please look into another carrier.  Five minutes later, she had my return flight (2 legs) booked with someone else, arriving at close to the time I wanted with even better connections (being an international flight this was important).  No additional charges even though it was less than 45 days until the cruise but because it was the airlines issue for cancelling one of the routes they would change things free of charge.  I am very happy with EZ Air - just hope the airlines don't mess with routes or schedules again!  I will be diligent about checking often that's for sure.

Thats great!