How soon is luggage delivered to your room

Borman51

1 hour ago, floridalover5623 said:

Yep.

Since we drive to the port I can remove everything we don't need for subsequent cruises & replenish our wine, liquor & soda for the next voyage. 

:classic_huh:  well alrighty then. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

The dining room was on Deck 6, but beware that surely that could change.  This location was very convenient for me since I embarked on Deck 6, there was a luggage check at Club Fusion on that deck; I left my carry-on there and went to the dining room.  (The one negative of this experience was that luggage left in the Club Fusion was to be claimed by 1:00 P.M.  As the "witching hour" for the closure of the spaceI dec approached and I had not yet been served my entree, I decided to retrieve my bag and then return to the dining room to finish my lunch.)  Many guests had left their carry-on luggage in the entrance foyer of the dining room; there was plenty of space for such and I'd recommend that one ought to consider doing this unless ship management extends the time for the luggage check room.

All good and useful info!  Thanks a million!!  

We never give the porters our luggage.  Ever.   We simply drag all of it on board with us.  Yes, they give you stares.  We lift them into the Xrays and we walk right into our cabin. Mind you we always board after 2 pm.   The rooms are ready at 1 pm so we walk right to our room with our luggage in tow and start unpacking.  No biggie.    The reason for this is one cruise a few cruises back one of our bags got put outside another cruiser's cabin because someone misread a 9 for a 6.    The nice fellow showed up at our cabin at the very end of the day with our suitcase saying it was left beside HIS CABIN.   So, I have some serious trust issues now.  

On 3/2/2019 at 9:57 PM, Kartgv said:

Cruise just completed (Ruby out of San Pedro) we boarded around 11:30, rooms ready at 1:00, luggage was already waiting in the hall when we got to the room.   

Here is a perhaps silly question.

Why is the luggage left outside instead of them taking it in?  Clearly the ship has access to all the cabins...  Is it just a time thing? 

57 minutes ago, tensixmom said:

Here is a perhaps silly question.

Why is the luggage left outside instead of them taking it in?  Clearly the ship has access to all the cabins...  Is it just a time thing? 

Just guessing - never thought about it, as in over 30 cruises we've never had luggage delivered inside the cabin.   The luggage is delivered by staff that would not have access to the cabins.   Since delivery is random depending on how they load thousands of items, requiring a cabin steward or other category of employee who would have access would be difficult.    There's never been a problem as far as we know.   Maybe suites might get their luggage placed inside if there's a butler available nearby at the time of delivery.

10 minutes ago, Kartgv said:

Just guessing - never thought about it, as in over 30 cruises we've never had luggage delivered inside the cabin.   The luggage is delivered by staff that would not have access to the cabins.   Since delivery is random depending on how they load thousands of items, requiring a cabin steward or other category of employee who would have access would be difficult.    There's never been a problem as far as we know.   Maybe suites might get their luggage placed inside if there's a butler available nearby at the time of delivery.

Ah, that makes sense to me!

Thank you!

The staff delivering the luggage does not have access to your cabin.  Similarly on the last night the luggage has to be outside the cabin because the staff not only lacks access but they need to decipher what is to be take ashore and what you will be carrying ashore.  Sometimes the steward opens the room and puts the luggage inside however they usually are very busy on embarkation day and do not have time to do it.

14 hours ago, satxdiver said:

Sometimes the steward opens the room and puts the luggage inside

This has been my experience as well.  Always pleased to find the luggage in the stateroom when I arrive (or return to the stateroom later in the day), but always surprised as well.

Quite often have our luggage placed in cabin.  Depends if your steward is around when luggage is delivered.

On RCL my son on his first RCL cruise put my luggage label on his bag I have priority boarding etc on RCL , by mistake (?). His bag was delivered 2 hours before mine.

I agree with all above.  But one time 7pm came and went and I was still missing 2 bags!  Went looking and saw into the center area where crew only goes when baggage brought aboard and there sat all alone my two bags with no one in sight to deliver them!!!  So I just took them!  I was just glad I had found them.  I am sure they would have eventually made it to my room (I hope!), but was just funny that only my two were sitting there.  And yes, we had checked in at 10:30amish and boarded around 11:15 or so!

Pooh

Edited by PoohUnderstands

13 hours ago, Posaune said:

We have had it arrive as we walked up with our carry on bags at noon. We have had it arrive about 6 PM. I would guess the norm would be shortly after 2.  We are usually among the first to board.

6 PM is to late for us so we carry everything on with us, dump it in the cabin, go to lunch & have it unpacked before muster & sail away.

It's nice to know that everything is taken care of before dinner & the first show.