How soon is luggage delivered to your room

Borman51

17 hours ago, CeeCee59 said:

Princess usually has the cabins ready when you board, so you can drop off any carry-on before you go to lunch.  The first night in MDR is very casual.

17 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I’m glad to hear they’ve changed back from the 1pm release of the cabins. I’ve hated having to wait. 

So, are you saying they went back to accessing your room when you board?  It wasn't like this in September when I last cruised on Princess.  If so, when did this happen.  

I like to board, unpack my carry on and head to lunch knowing that is all done and taken care of.  We were not able to access our cabins until after lunch 6 months ago.  

18 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I’m glad to hear they’ve changed back from the 1pm release of the cabins. I’ve hated having to wait. 

Don't count on it. We were on the Ruby last month and the access doors to the cabins were closed with an alarm that rang if you opened the door. They released them at exactly 1 PM. First time it's happened to us.

32 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

Cabins were not available on Royal Princess until 1:30 P. M.  The announcement was made when I was eating lunch in the dining room.

Good to know.  thanks!!  My next sailing is on the Royal.  Can you tell me what dining room was used for your embarkation lunch.  It always seems that they try to keep it such a big secret.  LOL

1 hour ago, Cruise Raider said:

So, are you saying they went back to accessing your room when you board?  It wasn't like this in September when I last cruised on Princess.  If so, when did this happen.  

I like to board, unpack my carry on and head to lunch knowing that is all done and taken care of.  We were not able to access our cabins until after lunch 6 months ago.  

I’m not saying it. CeeCee59 said Princess now has the cabins ready at boarding. That’s good news to me. 

We loved being able to drop everything instead of carrying it to lunch. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, jagsfan said:

They have not. It is 1pm.

They used to be ready upon boarding.

Hence the reason why they start boarding around 11:00am now.

Maybe once in awhile they will be ready earlier.

36 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I’m not saying it. CeeCee59 said Princess now has the cabins ready at boarding. That’s good news to me. 

I always board at my assigned boarding time and have never had a problem getting to my cabin that way.

43 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

Good to know.  thanks!!  My next sailing is on the Royal.  Can you tell me what dining room was used for your embarkation lunch.  It always seems that they try to keep it such a big secret.  LOL

The dining room was on Deck 6, but beware that surely that could change.  This location was very convenient for me since I embarked on Deck 6, there was a luggage check at Club Fusion on that deck; I left my carry-on there and went to the dining room.  (The one negative of this experience was that luggage left in the Club Fusion was to be claimed by 1:00 P.M.  As the "witching hour" for the closure of the spaceI dec approached and I had not yet been served my entree, I decided to retrieve my bag and then return to the dining room to finish my lunch.)  Many guests had left their carry-on luggage in the entrance foyer of the dining room; there was plenty of space for such and I'd recommend that one ought to consider doing this unless ship management extends the time for the luggage check room.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, CeeCee59 said:

I always board at my assigned boarding time and have never had a problem getting to my cabin that way.

Do you wind up boarding before 1pm or after?

I’m just curious!

We always board early because we have nowhere else to go. And over the last few years have had to wait till they announce cabins are available. 

59 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

The dining room was on Deck 6, but beware that surely that could change.  This location was very convenient for me since I embarked on Deck 6, there was a luggage check at Club Fusion on that deck; I left my carry-on there and went to the dining room.  (The one negative of this experience was that luggage left in the Club Fusion was to be claimed by 1:00 P.M.  As the "witching hour" for the closure of the spaceI dec approached and I had not yet been served my entree, I decided to retrieve my bag and then return to the dining room to finish my lunch.)  Many guests had left their carry-on luggage in the entrance foyer of the dining room; there was plenty of space for such and I'd recommend that one ought to consider doing this unless ship management extends the time for the luggage check room.

Leaving our luggage at the entrance foyer of the dining room sounds like a good idea.

2 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Some cabins might be ready & others not but we've always managed to at least drop off our bags in the cabin ether way. 

Even though some fire doors may be shut, the in-transit people still have to have access to their cabins & they just open the doors to go back & forth. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, floridalover5623 said:

Some cabins might be ready & others not but we've always managed to at least drop off our bags in the cabin ether way. 

Even though some fire doors may be shut, the in-transit people still have to have access to their cabins & they just open the doors to go back & forth. 

Then by George, I’m going to try it. Unless our steward is still in there. Wouldn’t want to district him or get in his way. 

On 3/2/2019 at 8:43 PM, Borman51 said:

DH and I have cruised before, but not on Princess.  We will be driving to Fort Lauderdale in October for 10 day Panama cruise on Island Princess.  Is your luggage delivered to your stateroom before dinner?  I prefer not to bring our carry on luggage with us to lunch, but will do so with a change of clothes for dinner if necessary.

Normally, luggage is at your cabin door by the time you go to  Muster Drill  or shortly thereafter.  

It's the first night so if you don't have your luggage it will be OK for you to wear the clothes you wore on the ship to the MDR for dinner.  :classic_cool:

Edited by OCruisers

4 hours ago, floridalover5623 said:

say what ?

4 hours ago, c-boy said:

say what ?

All fire doors have to have access at all times & are not locked.

People doing B2B cruises have to be able to reach their cabins at all times before 1 PM. 

I leave the ship on every B2B turnaround with my suitcase and have never had any problem returning to my cabin as soon as I re-board the ship with my luggage prior to noon. No one will give you a second look when carrying your luggage even if it's the first leg of your voyage. 

8 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Then by George, I’m going to try it. Unless our steward is still in there. Wouldn’t want to district him or get in his way. 

We experienced a crew member cleaning our cabin one time & we just told him we were there to drop off our luggage, dumped it, put our valuables in the safe & left for lunch. 

It's no addition effort on his part as long as you don't want to try & unpack or watch TV.

15 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

Not to be taken as gospel, but in January we boarded the Regal around 11:30 am and all rooms were open. Our luggage was delivered around 2 pm and we were unpacked and organized before muster.

Edited by Doug R.

47 minutes ago, Doug R. said:

Not to be taken as gospel, but in January we boarded the Regal around 11:30 am and all rooms were open. Our luggage was delivered around 2 pm and we were unpacked and organized before muster.

Yep, we were there. No problem in getting to the room. 

5 hours ago, floridalover5623 said:

All fire doors have to have access at all times & are not locked.

People doing B2B cruises have to be able to reach their cabins at all times before 1 PM. 

I leave the ship on every B2B turnaround with my suitcase and have never had any problem returning to my cabin as soon as I re-board the ship with my luggage prior to noon. No one will give you a second look when carrying your luggage even if it's the first leg of your voyage. 

you took your suit case with you, walked off, then back on suit case in tow ?

Edited by c-boy
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Doug R. said:

Great ... thanks!!  I will not be expecting it but happily surprised if it does happen.  

54 minutes ago, c-boy said:

you took your suit case with you, walked off, then back on suit case in tow ?

Yep.

Since we drive to the port I can remove everything we don't need for subsequent cruises & replenish our wine, liquor & soda for the next voyage.